Page 137 of 259 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3875

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Babs as if
    Babs launched her out of the Batmobile, strapped to a seat, and we see Killer Croc shortly after with one of her shoes in mouth and saying something about just having a snack.

While not intentionally getting the girl killed, she was indirectly the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes he is, no matter how far he goes he will come back to Gotham, if Bruce needs him he will come back
    And of for some crazy reason the Batman IP was sold he would go with it
    And she'll be right there with him

maxresdefault.jpg

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Babs launched her out of the Batmobile, strapped to a seat, and we see Killer Croc shortly after with one of her shoes in mouth and saying something about just having a snack.

While not intentionally getting the girl killed, she was indirectly the cause.
    I think it was intended to be a joke moment, but wtf (actually, whole BfTC can be summarized with wtf)

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think it was intended to be a joke moment, but wtf (actually, whole BfTC can be summarized with wtf)
    You're certainly right about that. There were a lot of crazy moments

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I never thought that I would see Damian like this in a cover.. I am following Joshua Williamson and saw this cover in his twitter.

Williamson made what Glass did not.. But it was because Glass wanted to ship his characters since the begin.

Ha. This will frustate those who ship him with Superkid. I would not care too much about this people if I did not found disturbing art with them. I do not care about see 2 guys kissing but when is more extreme I prefer not see it.
    Glass wasn't interested in shipping. He cared about launching his original Character. Crush. The Duration of his run all but 2 of the promotional interviews where focused on selling Crush.

Man was trying to get paid.

The thing is shippers are EXTREMELY important to building/ramping up a character's presence on the internet.

Damian's comics ain't doing ****. He NEEDS as many tweens and teens yapping about him. Creating awareness and visibility amongst the only market that actually matters.

The general non comic reading masses.

Shippers help boost a character's online profile by creating fan made content, merch and creati9ng discourse so hopefully Jon and Damian shipper don't feel discouraged.

I want Damian to keep growing in popularity.
    It's clear that even with Damian a rarity in comics [a Popular character of colour in comics who managed to gain and maintain mainstream success] There are those behind the scenes who are willing to throw him under the bus for a whiter, less profitable model.

Damian needs as many fans as he can backing him to counter the power wielded by entitled fanboy writers.

As annoying as shippers can be they help make up the numbers.

As for the Underage shipping/content. That aspect of fandom predates Damian and Jon sadly. Just block that sort of content that should ensure you aren't confronted with upsetting images
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-20-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    XD yeah you did.

I'm open-minded about this, it seems like it would be a good learning experience for him at the very least. I've really taken a liking to Flatline as a character so far, and I think it'll be a fun little relationship to witness.

I've also enjoyed his romantic relationships in other books and movies, and I'd love to see what will happen here.
    Same.

For the longest time I saw Damian as the sort to end up an 'Old Maid living with his Cats'.
    I couldn't and never see him as the type to do relationships.

However I've been pleasantly surprised each time and want to see that side of him explored more.

Heck even Robzarro was a delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I hate Damian in and before Battle of Cowl.
    And what is that girl of the car problem!?!? Damian was 10! No matter if it was Batmobile or whatever, why someone can write a teenager getting impressed with a 10 years old car? You can say "Damian looks old", how much? 12??
    Thanks they change the character
    Why do you hate Damian before Battle for the Cowl?
    That's exactly the type of thing that impresses some teenagers.
    Damian wasn't changed after Battle of the cowl. He was writing by a writer who wasn't very familiar with the character so made him reg teen.

Damian was just written out of character during Battle for the Cowl

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

The thing is shippers are EXTREMELY important to building/ramping up a character's presence on the internet.

Damian's comics ain't doing ****. He NEEDS as many tweens and teens yapping about him. Creating awareness and visibility amongst the only market that actually matters.

Shippers help boost a character's online profile by creating fan made content, merch and creati9ng discourse so hopefully Jon and Damian shipper don't feel discouraged.

Damian needs as many fans as he can backing him to counter the power wielded by entitled fanboy writers.

Truth.

I may not view the Raven/Damian pairing in favorable light, but the fanarts of them do bring attention to a lot of people. Along with the Jon/Damian shippers.
    People may not like the general overview on shipping but it does bring attention. Out of context fanart, sparking curiosity, and actually gets people in.

The character is still young compared to Dick's legacy, Jason's comeback from the dead, and Tim's generation that still shadows him. He's slowly getting some foot hold in his recent comic.

Damian really needs a good foundational template to be portrayed outside his comics.
    We all know pretty much know that not everyone is going to read a one, or ten issues about Damian just to change their mind he isn't a 24/7 brat.

Injustice being one them, man the games and comics really contrast there. Hopefully his portrayal in a future Young Justice season may be more favorable.

Glass wasn't interested in shipping. He cared about launching his original Character. Crush. The Duration of his run all but 2 of the promotional interviews where focused on selling Crush.

Man was trying to get paid.

I want Damian to keep growing in popularity.
    It's clear that even with Damian a rarity in comics [a Popular character of colour in comics who managed to gain and maintain mainstream success] There are those behind the scenes who are willing to throw him under the bus for a whiter, less profitable model.

As for the Underage shipping/content. That aspect of fandom predates Damian and Jon sadly. Just block that sort of content that should ensure you aren't confronted with upsetting images
    Yeah... It was obvious how much interested was in Crush..

How crazy is the ships thing.

DC creating more and more Supersons volumes only makes them continue with this. Nobody would stop them as long as DC continues with that comic.

Something that for one part I can not understand. I heard that DC continues adding these 2 grandsons... How they think that these Grandsons existence is possible if they did not married women and both had children from the opposite genre?

What annoys me is that even in that Williamson tweet about Damian and Flatline they appeared to bother.

4 comments were about that ship.. One asking to make Damian BI to make the S.kid ship possible later.. and Talking about ships I remembered something.. That Bat-Character rule that they can“t end with people with Superpowers. lol. That is against Williamson and S.kid one.

Grow in popularity??? Is not enough popular?? Despite according how Williamson makes his work he could maybe turn in someone even more popular.

It seems that the only way to block that(in deviantart) is block the users. Sadly then appear new ones.. In internet in general is harder avoid this.. Unless you have one safe configuration.
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-20-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Why do you hate Damian before Battle for the Cowl?
    That's exactly the type of thing that impresses some teenagers.
    Damian wasn't changed after Battle of the cowl. He was writing by a writer who wasn't very familiar with the character so made him reg teen.

Damian was just written out of character during Battle for the Cowl
    Maybe it could impress a teenager, but the way it was wrote looks not well done, it's more my opinion.

I said this before, but maybe 1 year ago, Damian was a coward Don Juan, pretending to be better than he know he was.
    He was more stubborn and he way of speak was totally different than after Battle of Cowl.

It's like comparing Damian of movies (skilled, stubborn, cool brat) and Damian of Harley Quinn show (not skilled, stubborn x2 brat).

(***I love see he in Harley, it is a comedy, after all, everybody there is a parody)
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 07-20-2021 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Yeah... It was obvious how much interested was in Crush..

How crazy is the ships thing.

DC creating more and more Supersons volumes only makes them continue with this. Nobody would stop them as long as DC continues with that comic.

Something that for one part I can not understand. I heard that DC continues adding these 2 grandsons... How they think that these Grandsons existence is possible if they did not married women and both had children from the opposite genre?

What annoys me is that even in that Williamson tweet about Damian and Flatline they appeared to bother.

4 comments were about that ship.. One asking to make Damian BI to make the S.kid ship possible later.. and Talking about ships I remembered something.. That Bat-Character rule that they canĀ“t end with people with Superpowers. lol. That is against Williamson and S.kid one.

Grow in popularity??? Is not enough popular?? Despite according how Williamson makes his work he could maybe turn in someone even more popular.

It seems that the only way to block that(in deviantart) is block the users. Sadly then appear new ones.. In internet in general is harder avoid this.. Unless you have one safe configuration.
    The truth is that even if tomorrow writes a story where Shoots Jon and impregnates all the woman in the DCU Fans who like the idea of the supersons as a couple will still ship them.

Look at Bruce and Clark, Tim and Jason or even better Dick and Bruce. These are couples that have never be a thing, can never be a thing but they are sill very popular pairings.

Damian isn't popular enough to where he is 'safe' from favouritism. He needs strong main stream support that keeps him an asset to the parent company.

I naively thought that with Diversity being such a hot button issue that Damian might be affording some protection.

DC's not going to **** with a successful character of colour right?
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-20-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Double post

Fantastic Member

The truth is that even if tomorrow writes a story where Shoots Jon and impregnates all the woman in the DCU Fans who like the idea of the supersons as a couple will still ship them.

Look at Bruce and Clark, Tim and Jason or even better Dick and Bruce. These are couples that have never be a thing, can never be a thing but they are sill very popular pairings.

Damian still isn't popular enough to where he is 'safe' from favouritism. He needs strong main stream support that keeps him an asset to the parent company.
    What the hell? Some people actually shipped Bruce and Dick...

I get why people shipped Bruce and Clark, and a little a idea why Tim and Jason.

But Bruce and Dick? Man I thought everyone who shipped them was just doing the ole Batman and Robin are gay jokes since like the beginning, the same joke that caused the creation of Batwoman and Bat-girl, not actually serious.

On the other hand, Damian being excluded from favouritism is a point. I think whenever a writer needs a bratty/annoying/evil Robin they can just chuck in Damian for it. The recent character regression shows it, but hopefully that'll change in some near future. His presence in main stream is still small compared to Dick, Jason, and Tim. Some positive thoughts that when Damian gets involved in another media outside the comics, he'll gain positive rep.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    In other news, Bleeding Cool apparently has information about Jon and Damian in 5G that they'll release the same way they did the timeline: https://twitter.com/richjohnston/sta...71681798791169
    Posting this here from the Jon Kent thread.

Astonishing Member

It's even scary to imagine what these plans were.
    But interesting.