Page 625 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Attachment 111726

Welp. Hopefully Ridley handles this better than the former guy would have. Could be interesting considering he’s a space emperor now.
    Why did I think this series had been pushed back to like a November start or something like that?

ETA: Hey, I finished the Shuri series and forgot to mention it! Not sure what that says about my overall opinion of the book.

I had hoped for a story about Shuri trying to search for T'Challa that would have paved the way for the return in his own book (I knew that there wasn't any real clear overlap, but I was hoping for the illusion of it). Instead, it was Shuri fights a giant space grasshopper who likes music. I thought it was interesting that it basically functioned as a way to turn off her powers without eliminating them. My personal preference is to let her keep her powers. Her bird thing is at least visually fun. I know the task was to make Shuri as close to movie Shuri as possible without contradicting current continuity so I thought Nnedi Okorafor did a solid job of that. I think her writing improved by the end too (I thought the dialogue felt very off at the beginning).

That being said, I actually liked the fill-in arc by Vita Ayala more. That one has a crossover with Miles Morales and Kamala Khan. Given that Black Panther in space is pretty much ignored by Jason Aaron, I was curious if this would give some sense of chronology, but I don't think either of those characters are having dramatic changes right now so it feels like this could fit anywhere in their timeline. I'm not reading enough books to know whether there's something I'm missing. My guess is Storm is the only character who appears in Black Panther and the X-Books, but I'm not sure if those books are interacting with Avengers either (despite the whole Phoenix thing). I honestly think the best place would be to put the Black Panther series before the current Avengers series and before House of X and just say T'Challa came back from space fired up and with big plans to take over the Avengers. Does that work with what we got?

I'll finish up Coates' Black Panther in the next week and a half. Looking forward to finally opening issue #25, which I had to order and is still in a shipping package. The goal was to get it done just before the new series, which is why I was asking about whether it got delayed.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 07-23-2021 at 04:19 AM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Why did I think this series had been pushed back to like a November start or something like that?
    It was, this solicit isn't updated. #1 comes out in Novemeber, so this #3 is likely in January
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Weird that they didn't update it.

BTW, I edited my post to give a review of the Shuri series. I don't know how many people read it or have thoughts, but I wanted to continue this project to completion.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Weird that they didn't update it.

BTW, I edited my post to give a review of the Shuri series. I don't know how many people read it or have thoughts, but I wanted to continue this project to completion.
    I only made it the first half the shuri series, couldn't take it anymore, I don't enjoy Nnedi writing at all.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    1966 not 1965 but your point stands.
    That'll teach me to do math in my head. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Tell that to the X-office
    But they control the character and they’ve made it clear what her priorities are lol because they’re the ones constantly breaking them up. And yet the BP writers constantly try to write her into their stories and give her T’Challa’s time.

They’re the ones to blame and I will hold nothing against the X-Office if they nuke whatever Ridley’s doing if a reconciliation is his goal. It’s gotta be annoying to them that you have this one editorial office obsessively trying to take this one mutant from them and give her legs in a franchise she up until recently had no connection with.

Like I said before, if this is a petty inversion of Marauders #13 but T’Challa doing stuff to Krakoa that’s great (even though I’d prefer they avoid any references or interactions with the X-Men period and would want it to be a one time thing). If this is sidelining T’Challa with some romantic BS so Shuri can be the true driver of the plot while T’Challa humbles himself before the X-Men the book gets dropped. The solicits better be true to what happens in the issue because that’s the only way I’ll approve of yet another Storm/T’Challa story.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    But they control the character and they’ve made it clear what her priorities are lol because they’re the ones constantly breaking them up. And yet the BP writers constantly try to write her into their stories and give her T’Challa’s time.

They’re the ones to blame and I will hold nothing against the X-Office if they nuke whatever Ridley’s doing if a reconciliation is his goal. It’s gotta be annoying to them that you have this one editorial office obsessively trying to take this one mutant from them and give her legs in a franchise she up until recently had no connection with.

Like I said before, if this is a petty inversion of Marauders #13 but T’Challa doing stuff to Krakoa that’s great (even though I’d prefer they avoid any references or interactions with the X-Men period and would want it to be a one time thing). If this is sidelining T’Challa with some romantic BS so Shuri can be the true driver of the plot while T’Challa humbles himself before the X-Men the book gets dropped. The solicits better be true to what happens in the issue because that’s the only way I’ll approve of yet another Storm/T’Challa story.
    Yeah why are we blaming the X office here?

They have been 100% consistent for YEARS with this. I don't even blame them for Marauders... they were doing what they wanted to let their character shine, F everyone else. I almost admire it now. the BP writers should have the same attitude.

Blame Coates or whatever editor didn't tell him "no." The relationship was DEAD outside of a booty call and he brought it back

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah why are we blaming the X office here?

They have been 100% consistent for YEARS with this. I don't even blame them for Marauders... they were doing what they wanted to let their character shine, F everyone else. I almost admire it now. the BP writers should have the same attitude.

Blame Coates or whatever editor didn't tell him "no." The relationship was DEAD outside of a booty call and he brought it back
    Really we should be blaming Hudlin but that’s a conversation for another time lol. I mean it’s crazy to me that Ridley had the chance to do probably anything he wanted with a new BP book and less than 5 issues in we’re back to **** from previous runs.

T’Challa and Storm, T’Challa in space, Wakanda losing faith, etc. Granted he’s added some Priest-like elements that should make his T’Challa approach these things different. He’s withholding information from his friends and family, he’s got a bigger plan in motion, and he has ulterior motives. But the fact we’re revisiting these beats to begin with is worrying and annoying. And there’s no telling how good he is at writing 5 steps ahead T’Challa that puts Wakanda above everything, especially when they keep pushing the book back lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-23-2021 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Really we should be blaming Hudlin but that’s a conversation for another time lol. I mean it’s crazy to me that Ridley had the chance to do probably anything he wanted with a new BP book and less than 5 issues in we’re back to **** from previous runs.

T’Challa and Storm, T’Challa in space, Wakanda losing faith, etc. Granted he’s added some Priest-like elements that should make his T’Challa approach these things different. He’s withholding information from his friends and family, he’s got a bigger plan in motion, and he has ulterior motives. But the fact we’re revisiting these beats to begin with is worrying and annoying. And there’s no telling how good he is at writing 5 steps ahead T’Challa that puts Wakanda above everything, especially when they keep pushing the book back lol.
    Hey, at least by issue 3, I will know if I can safely stop paying or not lol.

Big ol' litmus test early in the run. Pass/Fail grading system.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'mma lay down some facts:

1965: Black Panther was created.
    1980: Chris Claremont tells a Storm story revealing they met briefly as teens. The story specifically ends with them rejecting the idea of a relationship.
    2001: Priest uses Storm in his run, re-iterating that they are NOT in a relationship.
    2006: Hudlin does the wedding story. T'Challa & Ororo are an official couple for the first time... 40 years after BP's creation.
    2012: After AvX, their marriage is annulled. A queen standing against her nation will cause that.
    2016: Coates has T'Challa still carrying a torch for her because she's so perfect and divine and wonderful.
    2020: Storm steals a Wakandan relic because she's in a hurry.

In brief: For 41 years (35 if I want to be generous) T'Challa did perfectly well without Storm.

Their relationship was only a net positive for the franchise for 6 out of the last 15 years.

"Always" is a remarkably short time.
    I wouldn't even say it was a bet positive for T'Challa ad Storm didn't actually bring anything to the mythos. The franchise didn't see a sudden boon in sales or bee fans, in fact all it brought was toxic x fans over to constantly **** on the franchise with x writers participating in it as well and using every opportunity to undermine the marriage. Only one to receive a positive from it was Storm. T'Challa has had his franchise hijacked by her BS and it's at the point where it's simply a toxic relationship that T'Challa needs to be free of.

As you said, he was good without her for 40 years. He will be fine without her now. If anything, she seems overly reliant on the BP franchise since x writer's keep tying thing's with her back to Wakanda since they can't be bothered to actually develop her history and the BP franchise has done more building her story up in the last 15 years then x office has for her entire publication history.

Being apart of the mythos means that. The franchise would have some day over what happens to her, since that's obviously not the case she is more akin to a leech

Ready and waiting for some good solid news from Black Panther 2.

I wonder if Ridley has to tie up loose ends before kicking his run off, which is why we are seeing some of these story beats revisited.

I really don't think that he is going to punk T'Challa to Storm. The solicits give me hope. Plus it just doesn't make sense to have him get back with her. Ots been proven it won't work. I am going to, for now, trust what the solicits say and trust that we will see more Priest T'Challa and not T'Chumpa and give him a fair try (since he hasn't said anything that draws redflags) before I pass judgment. It's what we boast our fan group for doing and I'll be sticking to that claim.

Incredible Member

Black Panther 2 is phase 4 , KF said they are planning multiple main threats for this phase and we now know that a few of those have appeared Kang & Val... Has anyone thought that this film may involve multiple Wakandas?? What if the Tenoch Huerta is playing White Tiger from a world where Vibranium landed in Centra/South America? There were thoughts that this film may have ended with Val coming in and recruiting M'Baku/Namor to her Dark Avengers but what if ends with the formation of the Illuminati, but with a slightly different cast introducing maybe Ikaris and Nick Fury. Is the MCU at point where they would be ready to introduce the Illuminati?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    What's new now is that Ewing is part of the X office and he's a Black Panther secret agent. When the time is right, he'll strike for us.
    This is a good point.
    However only a movie wedding will cement this relationship and keep it free of X-office shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Black Panther 2 is phase 4 , KF said they are planning multiple main threats for this phase and we now know that a few of those have appeared Kang & Val... Has anyone thought that this film may involve multiple Wakandas?? What if the Tenoch Huerta is playing White Tiger from a world where Vibranium landed in Centra/South America? There were thoughts that this film may have ended with Val coming in and recruiting M'Baku/Namor to her Dark Avengers but what if ends with the formation of the Illuminati, but with a slightly different cast introducing maybe Ikaris and Nick Fury. Is the MCU at point where they would be ready to introduce the Illuminati?
    Doubt it since all signs seem to point to Huerta playing Namor. Plus if Huerta was playing White Tiger, it would ultimately be a waste since he would be playing Hector Ayala, who gets killed off and his little sister takes over- oh. Oh no.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"