Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Bat-Villains would you recruit for a "Sinister Six" style group?

If DC created a Sinister Six style group to take on Batman, who would you pick for that group? Mine would be...

Joker
    Penguin
    Riddler
    Two-Face
    Killer Croc
    Mr. Freeze

Penguin
    Killer Croc
    Firefly
    Mad Hatter
    Clayface
    Bronze Tiger
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Condiment King
    Ten Eyed Man
    Solomon Grundy
    Mad Hatter
    Killer Moth
    Maxie Zeus

What? I'd like to see a more comedic team work together as the crazy underdog oddballs that become a legitimate threat. Could be great.

Incredible Member

I for one would prefer a *Superior Foes of Spider-Man* styled "Sinister Six":

Egghead
    King-Tut
    Condiment King
    Killer Moth
    Kite-Man
    Maxie Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Egghead
    King-Tut
    Condiment King
    Killer Moth
    Kite-Man
    Maxie Zeus
    ...****, I forgot that Egghead and King Tut were finally brought into continuity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The classic 66 group is Joker Riddler Penguin Catwoman

Today though I'd go with Joker Two-Face Riddler Penguin Scarecrow

The sixth is a toss up between Freeze and Bane
    I'm not sure wuth both of them because Freeze I don't want to hear him say anything about his wife again and Bane has his own country to run

Wait

Mad Hatter. He's the sixth.

I mean normally Penguin want to stay out these days but every group needs a financier

Everyone tend to want to stay away from Joker also but he tend to have good blackmail

Sinister Six
    (BTAS version)

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-25-2021 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I really dislike Batman villains working together (especially when they pal around in Arkham).

It breaks the characters as they're all so ego driven at their cores and supposedly have very defined, individualist neuroses that it nerfs them to think they can cooperate.

They're not the Rogues or Spidey's villains who actually have common cause to work for a greater good (or bad).

Most if not all of Batman's enemies' gimmicks are a reflection of their specific brand of crazy. Their working together can only end in betrayal and death.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I really dislike Batman villains working together (especially when they pal around in Arkham).

It breaks the characters as they're all so ego driven at their cores and supposedly have very defined, individualist neuroses that it nerfs them to think they can cooperate.

They're not the Rogues or Spidey's villains who actually have common cause to work for a greater good (or bad).

Most if not all of Batman's enemies' gimmicks are a reflection of their specific brand of crazy. Their working together can only end in betrayal and death.
    There are several that are assorted varieties of organized crime though, and THAT could work.

Penguin? Loves money!
    Riddler? Also likes money.
    Bane, Croc, Clayface, Catwoman? they like money too.

Quote Originally Posted by k7p5v View Post
    sinister six
    (btas version)

nice!!!!!!

Two ideas

Six gang leaders: Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Lynx, and Johnny Stiches

A team up of criminals: Killer Moth, Clayface, Firefly, Roxie Rocket, Crazy Quilt, Magpie

I can't see the Joker ever being able to work in a team or anyone being willing to work for him.

I would do a team based on Leverage but with villains:

Mastermind: Penguin
    Hitter: Killer Croc
    Hacker: Calculator
    Thief: Catwoman
    Grifter: Jane Doe

Wanted to be original and add someone besides Catwoman for thief but really, she is the best at it.

I can't see the Joker ever being a team player because he's too chaotic. Two-Face wouldn't work because there's always a 50/50 chance he's either going to work with the team or turn on the team. Even the Riddler wouldn't really work because he's going to leave behind clues in the form of riddles which would be at the convenience of the team. Plus, Batman should be in for the fight of his life and more often than not, he can go through his rogues even when they come at him in waves. So if the goal is to have an effective "Sinister Six", then your best bet is to go with....

1. Ra's Al Ghul (mastermind)
    2. Lady Shiva
    3. David Cain
    4. Cheshire
    5. Black Spider
    6. Whisper A Daire

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Egghead
    King-Tut
    Condiment King
    Killer Moth
    Kite-Man
    Maxie Zeus
    Agreed; the lesser "D-Listers" deserve a chance to shine. Though my line-up would be:

Killer Moth
    Cavalier
    Signal-Man
    Kite Man
    Catman
    Cluemaster

Ghostkiller
    Bane
    Great White
    Scarface
    The Electrocutioner
    Penguin