Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Wait a minute...

Army of simps - check
    Streaming channel - check
    Anime Aesthetic - Check

Punchline is an e-girl. All she needs is a sidekick called White Knight...
    Hahahaha I noticed all these things too, and I love it. She's a perfect allegory for the bad behaving fan-enabled e-girl.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    OMIGOSH YES she's EXACTLY like Aunt May
    She's in her 70s-80s in the 70s
    Aged down to Alfred's age in the 80s-90s and they have a tension, so about 60s
    Aged down to be in her 40s-50s in New 52 when Bruce is 32 (she has black hair but still has to be old enough to be a doctor in her 20s while helping Bruce as a child)
    I will never understand comics and their fear of aging their characters its not like we the audience dont stop aging
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I will never understand comics and their fear of aging their characters its not like we the audience dont stop aging
    What is the average age of the American comic book fan (those who actually buy the comics)? I think the fandom skews pretty old (unless I'm mistaken)? Does anyone know? I'm aware that the average Pro Wrestling fan (another rapidly "graying" industry), well, WWE fan, is like 50.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-11-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    What is the average age of the American comic book fan (those who actually buy the comics)? I think the fandom skews pretty old (unless I'm mistaken)? Does anyone know? I'm aware that the average Pro Wrestling fan (another rapidly "graying" industry), well, WWE fan, is like 50.
    thats a good question im not sure
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    These things are determined by maybe only one or two people who just happen to be boss. We got Didio who wants Superman generation to be young main characters. Joe Quesada wanting Spider-Man to be unmarried and average like the one he recognized... so it's not as common, just... the powerful 1%.

About Aunt May... to be fair she is really old in his original appearance. She's supposed to be Peter's aunt but she looks like his grandma.

IIRC Jim Lee said their broad target is between 13 to 50
    The angriest fans who refuse to buy New 52 because they changed it from Post Crisis made DC shares drop to 25% so you can say that era fans are the majority.
    The fans would have to have enough disposable income to follow shared universe events and old enough to know what Didio's doing is bad in comparison to what they had that they began dropping.

Crossing all that, I'm guessing mid-30s, maybe even 40s today.

Is there a list of appearances for those late to the party?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    Is there a list of appearances for those late to the party?
    Batman 89, 92-95, 97-98, 100
    Nightwing 72-74
    Joker war zone
    Joker anniversary 1
    Punchline 1
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    These things are determined by maybe only one or two people who just happen to be boss. We got Didio who wants Superman generation to be young main characters. Joe Quesada wanting Spider-Man to be unmarried and average like the one he recognized... so it's not as common, just... the powerful 1%.

About Aunt May... to be fair she is really old in his original appearance. She's supposed to be Peter's aunt but she looks like his grandma.

IIRC Jim Lee said their broad target is between 13 to 50
    The angriest fans who refuse to buy New 52 because they changed it from Post Crisis made DC shares drop to 25% so you can say that era fans are the majority.
    The fans would have to have enough disposable income to follow shared universe events and old enough to know what Didio's doing is bad in comparison to what they had that they began dropping.

Crossing all that, I'm guessing mid-30s, maybe even 40s today.
    Thanks for the estimates.

Hahahaha I noticed all these things too, and I love it. She's a perfect allegory for the bad behaving fan-enabled e-girl.
    Honestly after this one-shot she’s a perfect allegory for a lot of things going on right now for real life, she’s an intelligent psychopath who is using lies and her own fringe media source to get her way and manipulate a large number of the public to her side. I think there is a lot of potential what dc can do with Punchline later on.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly after this one-shot she’s a perfect allegory for a lot of things going on right now for real life, she’s an intelligent psychopath who is using lies and her own fringe media source to get her way and manipulate a large number of the public to her side. I think there is a lot of potential what dc can do with Punchline later on.
    Sounds like storm front from the boys
    Minus the nazi thing

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I like this character because she makes for an interesting nemesis for numerous bat characters. Her use of the internet, makes her a good Oracle foe. She also makes a good counter to Harley. And now Bluebird is probably going hate her guts to. And none of these rivalries seem contrived either. All of them seem to be natural outgrowths of what the character is.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I like this character because she makes for an interesting nemesis for numerous bat characters. Her use of the internet, makes her a good Oracle foe. She also makes a good counter to Harley. And now Bluebird is probably going hate her guts to. And none of these rivalries seem contrived either. All of them seem to be natural outgrowths of what the character is.
    Very true, I had feared Punchline would end up being an inverted, dark "Harley clone" who would bring little if anything unique to the table beyond visual design. I'm pleasantly surprised my assumption was proven incorrect. So far, I'm loving her.

She's much more fun than I was expecting. I hope there will be more after the two month future thing happening.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    She's much more fun than I was expecting. I hope there will be more after the two month future thing happening.
    I’m honestly looking forward to the inevitable Bluebird vs. Punchline battle at some point in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I’m honestly looking forward to the inevitable Bluebird vs. Punchline battle at some point in 2021.
    As am I. It should prove interesting.