Page 587 of 613 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The original exploration crew was sent 2000 years into the past accidentally. Over the course of 2000 years, they colonized and enslaved several galaxies. When T'Challa and Manifold left in '2018', before the end of X-Men Red, they also accidentally got warped to the extent that they lived 5 years before they return to earth, a few months(long enough from '2018' that Shuri rebuilt Wakanda and the mutants founded Krakoa) after they left. It can't be just 'two weeks' between X-Men Red and Krakoa being a thing.

the two weeks where tchalla was missing is just the time experienced by the characters on wakanda prime. the 5 years that passed in galatic wakanda before tchalla was reunited with storm and the other Wakandans only equated to approximately a few weeks on wakanda prime.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    House of X #6, written by Jonathan Hickman himself and published October 2019. When X makes the announcement about Krakoa and the life-saving drugs (which Wakanda rejects), T'Challa is shown receiving that message alongside Steve and Tony. All in all I think it's fair to say the current arc in BP takes place entirely in mid-late 2018 and that the actual status quo of BP is where he's at with the Avengers. Meaning he was gone for about a month in-universe.
    makes sense. after tchalla has returned he mentions krakao casually which shows he is fully aware of the nation:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

OKay, final offer: T'challa was gone 4 months.

They are planting Krakoa 'five months ago', and T'Challa is with the Avengers when Xavier does his speech 'one month ago'. So from his last sighting in X-Men Red to the speech is at least four months, and that's not even counting the time between Red and the first planting of flowers.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-30-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It was irrelevant when it was getting published, so what else is new lol.
    bye lol! not for the all-goddess and her love tchalla.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

OKay, final offer: T'challa was gone 3 months.

They are planting Krakoa 'four months ago', and T'Challa is with the Avengers when Xavier does his speech 'one month ago'. So from his last sighting in X-Men Red to the speech is at least three months, and that's not even counting the time between Red and the first planting of flowers.
    No deal, but if that's your headcannon then good for you lol. It hardly matters now and I think it's been clearly communicated that the book is not happening in synch with everything else and does not represent the actual state of T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    bye lol! not for the all-goddess and her love tchalla.
    I'm just speaking the truth, but I'm happy you enjoyed it lol. I did like the goddess addition to her character though and hope it gets picked up for a future story. If not, I hope there's a good alternative.

House of X #6, written by Jonathan Hickman himself and published October 2019. When X makes the announcement about Krakoa and the life-saving drugs (which Wakanda rejects), T'Challa is shown receiving that message alongside Steve and Tony. All in all I think it's fair to say the current arc in BP takes place entirely in mid-late 2018 and that the actual status quo of BP is where he's at with the Avengers. Meaning he was gone for about a month in-universe.
    OKay, final offer: T'challa was gone 4 months.

They are planting Krakoa 'five months ago', and T'Challa is with the Avengers when Xavier does his speech 'one month ago'. So from his last sighting in X-Men Red to the speech is at least four months, and that's not even counting the time between Red and the first planting of flowers.
    good memory chief12d

from this point the narration indicates this notification occurred 1 month from the present:

this is supporting that he was probably only missing a few weeks to a month at the most as he is fully aware of Wakanda upon returning back from galactic Wakanda.

makes sense. after tchalla has returned he mentions krakao casually which shows he is fully aware of the nation:

Storm and him have been in bed for days catching up by the time this page starts. This is probably still in the build up phase of Krakoa before Xavier went public and T'challa was with the Avengers.

good memory chief12d

from this point the narration indicates this notification occurred 1 month from the present:

this is supporting that he was probably only missing a few weeks to a month at the most as he is fully aware of Wakanda upon returning back from galactic Wakanda.
    No, that page is four months after they are already planting portals. He's gone from X-Men Red until that page with the Avengers. I think he returned shortly before Xavier's announcement, which was still months after Krakoa was already a thing.

No, that page is four months after they are already planting portals. He's gone from X-Men Red until that page with the Avengers. I think he returned shortly before Xavier's announcement, which was still months after Krakoa was already a thing.
    no its not. this is the panel right before the one I posted saying it was one month ago:

No deal, but if that's your headcannon then good for you lol. It hardly matters now and I think it's been clearly communicated that the book is not happening in synch with everything else and does not represent the actual state of T'Challa.

I'm just speaking the truth, but I'm happy you enjoyed it lol. I did like the goddess addition to her character though and hope it gets picked up for a future story. If not, I hope there's a good alternative.
    if anything comes from it at least I hope it pushes for her fans to demand more from the xwriters than what they have given us. so many things that irked me about her Coates put those things to bed such as her being above race, for her not having ties to aspects of life outside of being a mutant, and notexploring her full potential beyond just lip service. so for that alone he was certainly not irrelevant to her and her development.

Storm and him have been in bed for days catching up by the time this page starts. This is probably still in the build up phase of Krakoa before Xavier went public and T'challa was with the Avengers.
    that is anecdotal. from everything with defined time stamps it can be supported he was gone for two weeks minimum or a maximum of a month. anything outside if this time frame is not supported by canonical showings.

Xavier goes public 'one month ago' before the events of HoX where they blow up Mothermold. 'Five months ago', the X-Men are already planting flowers, which means they're already on Krakoa. There was no Krakoa when T'Challa first went missing in 2018. There is an entire four months of the X-Men on Krakoa before we see TC with the Avengers. I think Coates last issues take place just before 'one month ago', which means he was gone from Red until 'one month ago', which is at least four months.

Xavier goes public 'one month ago' before the events of HoX where they blow up Mothermold. 'Five months ago', the X-Men are already planting flowers, which means they're already on Krakoa. There was no Krakoa when T'Challa first went missing in 2018. There is an entire four months of the X-Men on Krakoa before we see TC with the Avengers. I think Coates last issues take place just before 'one month ago', which means he was gone from Red until 'one month ago', which is at least four months.
    or he is made aware of wakanda 1 month ago from the present and he goes missing sometime thereafter. from all the bp books his time away was depicted in weeks not months.

saw this and thought it was cute:

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Hot-up allyuh head all yuh want...Four months...two weeks...day before yesterday...it doh matter. Coates' BP is irrelevant to anything and everything concerning Storm leading into and post XoS.

As Marauders 13 will fully attest and XoS Destruction will show...Storm and T'Challa have parted ways while three months from now some will be reading a story where-in Storm and T'Challa are fighting some galactic battle. Yuh could shoe-horn til yuh brains bleed, it will be totally and completely irrelevant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Shuri had an entire 10 issue run; two weeks had already passed in just the first issue, and he was still gone at the end of the series. When he returns she takes several pages explaining all the changes since he's been gone, including how they are in a new golden age of peace. His mother talks about how much she misses him. He laments 'how much time' he and Ororo have lost. That's not a matter of a couple weeks.

Shuri had an entire 10 issue run; two weeks had already passed in just the first issue, and he was still gone at the end of the series. When he returns she takes several pages explaining all the changes since he's been gone, including how they are in a new golden age of peace. His mother talks about how much she misses him. He laments 'how much time' he and Ororo have lost. That's not a matter of a couple weeks.
    I agree it most likely wasn't just a mere two weeks that is why I mentioned it was a minimum two weeks or at most a month from time lines documented. that said considering the lack of synergy between the books across the different offices trying to pinpoint the exact time from outside books would only complicate establishing the exact length of time he was mia.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-30-2020 at 03:43 PM.