Page 484 of 695 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    ‘Batman Azteca’: HBO Max Orders Animated Feature Set In Mexico

https://deadline.com/2022/06/batman-...co-1235044624/

Holy shit! That sounds amazing!

Now we just need to have an alien blessed with super strength by the sun god Huitzilopochtli and a warrior priestess from the city Tlatelolco. The Aztec Trinity!
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-13-2022 at 06:58 PM.

That Aztec Batman is cool, wonder how he gonna fight Spanish might of steel, gunpowder and germs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Now we just need to have an alien blessed with super strength by the sun god Huitzilopochtli and a warrior priestess from the city Tlatelolco. The Aztec Trinity!
    That and also at first I thought about what would Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes position if he appeared in this story

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    That Aztec Batman is cool, wonder how he gonna fight Spanish might of steel, gunpowder and germs.

That and also at first I thought about what would Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes position if he appeared in this story
    In the New 52 Blue Beetle series, they tied the scarab’s origin to Mesoamerican history/mythology.

So there’s already that if they ever expand the Aztec DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's Young Justice, EVERYBODY is presented as the middle of their character arc. It's a technique the show tries to use to show that the world is continuing on without the main characters. Just look at everybody else in Artemis and Zatanna's story arcs, but because there isn't a show you could watch with more information you don't single them out.
    I mean, I already mentioned how Mary in "Zatanna's" arc is a particularly bad version of this and compared her with Razor in badness, Tracy's and Khalid's were forgettable, since Tracy suddenly has this confidence issue despite that not showing up in her previous appearances, and Khalid has this whole development about his relationship with his family, despite him being a new character and his parents not showing up before.

Which is why nobody is doing that.
    YJ relies on you having to know specific stuff about the comics for you to know what's up with some scenes, this hack writing style has been in it in forever and Razor is just another example of it, and again, one I find particularly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest with the way they developed Rocket's arc you could have taken the episode out and I don't think it would have made much of a difference.
    Definitely, Rocket's small amount of development mostly came from her interactions with Orion, Razor's biggest contribution to the plot is making Metron go to that vault to get beaten up by Lor-Zod.

Not that Razor strictly needs to contribute that much to the plot, but him not doing so on top of having this hacky development, yeah...

In the New 52 Blue Beetle series, they tied the scarab’s origin to Mesoamerican history/mythology.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8RO2gXH9g...tle-000-15.jpg

Would be a waste of opportunity to not use Beetle in this eventually then lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing. Never knew the Beetle is linked with Mayan civilization, in theme with the Mayan fascination of stars and sky.

Wonder how Batman Azteca gonna potray the Aztec. It's look like they are a warlike civilization and that is one of the reasons why other Mesoamerican city states are supporting the Spaniards

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Crap. I mean, I knew it, that's the nature of shared cinematic universes, once cast will always play the role until reboot or end, but I just didn't like his take so I'm not looking forward to hearing more.
    It's not necessary they'd always keep them though, for instance in Justice League War, Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan were originally voiced by Michelle Monaghan and Justin Kirk, but after that they replaced Monaghan with Rosario Dawson and brought back Nathan Fillion as Hal until the end of the New-52 animated universe. Guess WB animation just liked Ackles as Bruce. He kind of reminds me of Ben McKenzie's performance in Year One.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-14-2022 at 07:40 AM.

Hopefully this is only the beginning of Mesoamerican inspired takes on DC!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's not necessary they'd always keep them though, for instance in Justice League War, Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan were originally voiced by Michelle Monaghan and Justin Kirk, but after that they replaced Monaghan with Rosario Dawson and brought back Nathan Fillion as Hal until the end of the New-52 animated universe. Guess WB animation just liked Ackles as Bruce. He kind of reminds of Ben McKenzie's performance in Year One.
    There were a lot of recasts in the DCAMU.

I really want to see this now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's not necessary they'd always keep them though, for instance in Justice League War, Wonder Woman and Hal Jordan were originally voiced by Michelle Monaghan and Justin Kirk, but after that they replaced Monaghan with Rosario Dawson and brought back Nathan Fillion as Hal until the end of the New-52 animated universe. Guess WB animation just liked Ackles as Bruce. He kind of reminds me of Ben McKenzie's performance in Year One.
    Those cases are more exceptions to the rule rather than a legit "it doesn't mean it has to be." Like, 80-90% of the time once cast they don't recast for shared universe films.

Ben McKenzie's performance in Year One is a very apt comparison - he's the only other Batman voice I didn't like. To be fair it was more his Bruce Wayne actually that I hated, but still it was rough.
    Anyways, Ackles is not a plus for me going forward, so I just have to hope other aspects of the film are good. Which is just a coin toss right now. Tomorrow-verse started with one of my favorite Superman movies, but then gave me my most hated Batman films.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Hopefully this is only the beginning of Mesoamerican inspired takes on DC!
    Hope so. I'd also love to see other cultures' takes on DC. Like Egyptian, Japanese, African, etc. Could be cool seeing these familiar characters through completely new lenses.

Those cases are more exceptions to the rule rather than a legit "it doesn't mean it has to be." Like, 80-90% of the time once cast they don't recast for shared universe films.

Ben McKenzie's performance in Year One is a very apt comparison - he's the only other Batman voice I didn't like. To be fair it was more his Bruce Wayne actually that I hated, but still it was rough.
    Anyways, Ackles is not a plus for me going forward, so I just have to hope other aspects of the film are good. Which is just a coin toss right now. Tomorrow-verse started with one of my favorite Superman movies, but then gave me my most hated Batman films.
    I think 80-90% of the time they intend to keep the cast but outside circumstances and a characters' importance to the film can sometimes necessitate recasting.

Lois got recasted. Lex got recasted. I think Black Manta got recasted. Harley got recasted. Alfred got recasted. Steve Trevor got recasted.

I think 80-90% of the time they intend to keep the cast but outside circumstances and a characters' importance to the film can sometimes necessitate recasting.
    Point is that once cast as their shared universe Batman we all knew we were stuck with him. Some like you are going to be happy about that, but others like me are just going to have to hope that he doesn't distract from the films too much.

But hey, I'm not a complete downer. That Batman Azteca film sounds awesome.

Point is that once cast as their shared universe Batman we all knew we were stuck with him. Some like you are going to be happy about that, but others like me are just going to have to hope that he doesn't distract from the films too much.

But hey, I'm not a complete downer. That Batman Azteca film sounds awesome.
    Well, we were stuck with him in as far as he's willing and available to do these films.

Maybe he'll be to you what Jason O'Mara is to me and sound better in non-solo movies .

Well, we were stuck with him in as far as he's willing and available to do these films.

Maybe he'll be to you what Jason O'Mara is to me and sound better in non-solo movies .
    There's no reason to mean man.

There's no reason to mean man.
    I was actually just trying to be optimistic and hope you find a reason to enjoy him .