Page 225 of 360 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5394

Thread: Latest orders!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    so it seems like this manga thing is here to stay for you what's that Brides series is about?
    Yeah, i will have manga heavy hauls for while probably (: There are so many manga series that i want to try.

''A Bride's Story'' is about the Turkish people who live in Central Asia in The 19 centuary. Main character is a new bride called Amir who married to a boy 8 years younger than her. Manga opens with Amir coming to his husband's home as a bride. It's so lovely, the boy's family is such a warm, likeble family You just instantly like them at first sight, like Amir. The story revolves around them. Amir's life in the family and the family's life. It's what you can call a ''slice of life'' manga.

I wasn't planning to have a haul for a while, but then I realised that I'm getting more personal funding than I realised for my summer research, so that meant some money was freed up. So, mhm, I bought some comics

A couple of these I bought because I was mercilessly bullied into doing so in this thread :/ The Belgariad and Malloreon are my favourite books from when I was teenager but they were not in my attic with most of my other books, so I bought the omnibus versions Also, I didn't realise how thick Knightfall Vol 1 is haha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Yeah, i will have manga heavy hauls for while probably (: There are so many manga series that i want to try.

''A Bride's Story'' is about the Turkish people who live in Central Asia in The 19 centuary. Main character is a new bride called Amir who married to a boy 8 years younger than her. Manga opens with Amir coming to his husband's home as a bride. It's so lovely, the boy's family is such a warm, likeble family You just instantly like them at first sight, like Amir. The story revolves around them. Amir's life in the family and the family's life. It's what you can call a ''slice of life'' manga.
    I'm pretty sure I like the slice of life sub genre (or whatever it is). Just looked up the art and it looks really good. I might give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I wasn't planning to have a haul for a while, but then I realised that I'm getting more personal funding than I realised for my summer research, so that meant some money was freed up. So, mhm, I bought some comics

A couple of these I bought because I was mercilessly bullied into doing so in this thread :/ The Belgariad and Malloreon are my favourite books from when I was teenager but they were not in my attic with most of my other books, so I bought the omnibus versions Also, I didn't realise how thick Knightfall Vol 1 is haha
    Dark Phoenix and Loisel Peter Pan. That's money well spent.

BANNED

Nice Haul. I see that Peter Pan HC alot lately on this thread. Who is the creative team ?

I'm pretty sure I like the slice of life sub genre (or whatever it is). Just looked up the art and it looks really good. I might give it a shot.
    The art is phenomenal. The detail in some panels are just crazy !

It sure is. However, I finished volume 1 this morning and I have a big stack of books/comics awaiting my attention, so I'm a bit X-Men'd out just now, especially as they are the bulk of my weeklies too :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Nice Haul. I see that Peter Pan HC alot lately on this thread. Who is the creative team ?
    Peter Pan is from Loisel. It's a eurocomic. Very good!

The art is phenomenal. The detail in some panels are just crazy !
    written and drawn by Loisel, it's a darker take on PP but not obnoxiously dark like what you'd associate with current Hollywood movie franchises but at the same time it doesn't contradict the original story. Also it's an origin for PP and the lost boys. I think you would quite enjoy it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Peter Pan is from Loisel. It's a eurocomic. Very good!
    written and drawn by Loisel, it's a darker take on PP but not obnoxiously dark like what you'd associate with current Hollywood movie franchises but at the same time it doesn't contradict the original story. Also it's an origin for PP and the lost boys. I think you would quite enjoy it.
    Thanks Guys. It's on my buy list now.

Here is my latest haul

JoJo! Glad to see another JoJo fan. I can't wait for them to get to part 4 and beyond, I've never read that in it's entirely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    JoJo! Glad to see another JoJo fan. I can't wait for them to get to part 4 and beyond, I've never read that in it's entirely
    I like Jojo as far as i read which is just Part 1. I can't wait to start to read Part 2: Battle Tendency I heard that it will get really good at Part 3.

I like Jojo as far as i read which is just Part 1. I can't wait to start to read Part 2: Battle Tendency I heard that it will get really good at Part 3.
    Part 2 is probably my favorite. Part 3 gets a lot of praise and is the most popular, and I really enjoyed it but found it a little drawn out. Part 4 is drastically different, bit still good. I just never had a chance to finish it

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Books from this week. My first and what is probably going to be my smallest omnibus.
    IMG_1107.jpg

If anybody sees 'Psychiatric Tales' in my haul pic and considers buying it, don't bother! It was utter crap, albeit a good concept

If anybody sees 'Psychiatric Tales' in my haul pic and considers buying it, don't bother! It was utter crap, albeit a good concept
    I was more looking towards the Knightfall omnibus. How's that one?