Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by llozymandias View Post
    They never stayed true to any other story that they adapted from the comics. Why should COIE be any different?
    True. But, if so, then I wouldn't be inclined to watch their version of COIE.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern wannabe View Post
    True. But, if so, then I wouldn't be inclined to watch their version of COIE.
    Mmmm k....

Well I plan on being dialed all in come next year's crossover.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone thing, we will have Superman holding Kara's dead body - one of the classic COIE scenes? Maybe use Russian Kara for that?

Retired

They will probably flip it to subvert expectations. So maybe Kara holding Superman's lifeless body and Barry mourning Nora's sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They will probably flip it to subvert expectations. So maybe Kara holding Superman's lifeless body and Barry mourning Nora's sacrifice.
    What if Earth-90 Barry does the sacrifice?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    What if Earth-90 Barry does the sacrifice?
    I think it's more suitable.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think it's more suitable.
    Somehow I can't imagine the Perez pieta shot with Grant Gustin holding John Wesley Shipp in his arms. Yet I can imagine Melissa Benoist holding Tyler Hoechlin in her arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Good point. I would watch COIE because I liked the story, but I also like to keep entertained, which means they cannot be too predictable. So I'll be on the fence on this one, but, again, I want a COIE that goes from a multiverse to a single one, because that's canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Most of the shows, with the exception of Batman 1966, were produced by Warner Bros Television and the CW shows are produced by Warner Bros. Television. So I would assume Warner Bros. Television has the
    rights to the other shows and thus Warner Bros. Television has the right to use those shows on its current shows. Warner Bros. was able to use Flash 1990 because Warner Bros. produced Flash 1990. Also Supergirl
    is produced by special arrangement with the Siegel family, so it they let Warner Bros. produce Supergirl, I would guess they would grant permission to let Warner Bros. use Adventures of Superman, Superboy, Lois & Clark,
    and Smallville for their CW shows. They were able to use the Smallville theme song, for example.
    Just looking on Wikipedia, there are lots of other entities besides Warner Bros. Television who were involved in various DC shows. Just because Warner Bros Television played some role (usually distributor) does not mean that it can unilaterally allow CW to use the intellectual property of the shows.

Sandy Hausler

Deadline.com is now reporting that both Brandon Routh and Tyler Hoechlin will appear as Superman in the Arrowverse Crisis story.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/tyler-h...cw-1202649053/

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline.com
    Last year, the CW’s Arrowverse annual crossover event introduced Batwoman, played by Ruby Rose. This time, the producers of the DC franchise on the CW are planning a big stunt involving one of DC’s most recognizable superheroes, Superman. Two actors who have played the Man of Steel, Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh, will both portray him in different time frames. The news is expected to be revealed at Comic-Con.
    Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/Atom Dean Buscher/The CW

Both Hoechlin and Routh are already members of the Arrowverse — Hoechlin recurs as Superman on Supergirl, while Routh plays Ray Palmer/The Atom on DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow, a character he first introduced on Arrow.

Routh, who played Superman in the 2006 Bryan Singer-directed feature Superman Returns, will portray both Clark Kent and his Legends Of Tomorrow character. And as Superman, both he and Hoechlin will suit up, putting on the iconic cape.

Related Story
    'Nancy Drew' EPs Talk Diverse Take On Classic Novels; New Series Explores Teen Sleuth's "Darkness" - Comic-Con

It is not clear yet in which episodes of the crossover Superman will be played by Hoechlin and in which he will be portrayed by Routh.

Titled “Crisis on Infinite Earths,” the upcoming mega-crossover will unite the entire Arrowverse series franchise – Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman – in a five-episode epic that will span two quarters, with three episodes airing in December and the two concluding installments debuting in January.

The season finales of Arrow and The Flash provided some clues for the upcoming crossover which shares its name with the landmark 12-issue DC Comics series that was published in the 1980s and essentially reset the DC mythology by scuttling decades worth of characters and dense thicket of a canon built haphazardly by the month by hundreds of writers over decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Deadline.com is now reporting that both Brandon Routh and Tyler Hoechlin will appear as Superman in the Arrowverse Crisis story.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/tyler-h...cw-1202649053/
    As much as they've referenced Routh's time as Superman and done fanservice like this, I feel like it was only a matter of time before we saw him back as Supes .

And if ever there was a perfect storyline for it, it's Crisis .

I'm also kind of glad to see Routh get another shot as Superman in general.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Does this mean the Richard Donner Superman is apart of the CW multiverse?

I actually like Superman Returns it's not great but I liked it so this makes me happy.

Brandon had the misfortune of being in a not-so-good movie. I'm really happy for him to get another shot at it

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Brandon Routh is gonna be the Kingdom Come Superman according to this
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...63041855238145