• Mr. Sinister

1 0.61%
  • The High Evolutionary

6 3.64%
  • Other (please specify)

28 16.97%
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    August 18 is such a long wait to read Trial of Magneto #1, it feels very strange that the other X titles have already moved on from the Hellfire gala and feel to be ignoring Wandas murder in their pages and after having read last week's X titles and preview pages for this weeks X titles it is like nothing happened.
    That's because it's a story in their books and not a story in her own. She's not an x-character so the story will be focused on them. This is their journey through their time on Krakoa.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's because it's a story in their books and not a story in her own. She's not an x-character so the story will be focused on them. This is their journey through their time on Krakoa.
    Yes I realise that but it just doesn't make sense as a fan that nothing is mentioned for a month before the mini series picks off, will Inferno be the same ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Yes I realise that but it just doesn't make sense as a fan that nothing is mentioned for a month before the mini series picks off, will Inferno be the same ?.
    As a Wanda fan myself, it makes perfect sense. The story is set up to be about Krakoa and Magneto. Not Wanda. And there is a history of her being used as a catalyst for stories she does not get to participate in. It's just expected at this point. Anything other would be a surprise and subvert expectations. And I also don't believe the X-Books have any responsibility to have her in any stories. Since she's never had many appearances. They should show any reaction to her death in Avengers or Strange Academy. Books she's been in.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    As a Wanda fan myself, it makes perfect sense. The story is set up to be about Krakoa and Magneto. Not Wanda. And there is a history of her being used as a catalyst for stories she does not get to participate in. It's just expected at this point. Anything other would be a surprise and subvert expectations. And I also don't believe the X-Books have any responsibility to have her in any stories. Since she's never had many appearances. They should show any reaction to her death in Avengers or Strange Academy. Books she's been in.
    Not really especially as Magneto is the prime suspect, is one of the main figureheads of Krakoas Quiet Council and one of Krakoas' three main laws "kill no human" has been broken.
    Yet not a mention in any current X book
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe there will be some mentions on different X-books until we get to SWORD where we last saw Wanda alive, the next issue happen the morning after the gala so it could serve as a kind of prologue to Trial of Magneto. Way of X could be another book that tackles the issue because it also happens the morning after and may be linked to the trial given it showed Magneto and Wanda dancing.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I believe there will be some mentions on different X-books until we get to SWORD where we last saw Wanda alive, the next issue happen the morning after the gala so it could serve as a kind of prologue to Trial of Magneto. Way of X could be another book that tackles the issue because it also happens the morning after and may be linked to the trial given it showed Magneto and Wanda dancing.
    Perhaps given Scott did not want to be told in X-Men if Lorna killed her. Generally I don’t believe Lorna has any real emotional attachment to Wanda though probably feels on some level she should care. Marvel blew the chance a decade ago for them to have a Rogue-Wanda like ugly conflict over M-Day and then work it out and build something better on real foundations.

I don´t think Lorna needs a Rogue vs Wanda style of confrontation before developing a closer relationship, what´s there is enough to form a particular foundation that could grow over time:

For example both are close to Pietro but while Pietro always was a brother to Wanda, Lorna knew him first as a friend and later as a brother, Pitro is more easy going with Lorna and allows himself to be that annoying but protective brother to Lorna while he´s usually serious and almost always worried for the well being of Wanda because they grew up together but he felt personally responsible for her survival.

Now with Magneto it´s a similar situation, Magnus relationship with Wanda is a lot more conflictive than with Lorna but he has been trying to be Wanda´s father for a long time before Lorna even knew she was also his daughter, this alone may give her reason to question him why this difference in treatment if he knew since she was a toddler she was his daughter, he probably thinks about this in terms of wanting to keep her safe while Wanda was already a grown woman when he discovered their relationship told her they were father and daughter, still this may make Lorna have some conflictive feelings over him and Wanda.

Her own relationship with Wanda is almost non-existent but she knows for a fact Wanda was responsible for M-Day and for her losing her powers for a while, she understands and sympathises with Wanda´s situation but her reaction to this is definitely more distant and judmental than Pietro´s or Magneto´s because contrary to them, she didn´t have a hand on their confrotation at the end of HOM but had to deal with the consequences all the same.

I believe all this is a foundation for them to have a conflictive, at first relationship, that later could grow into a close sister and sister partnership and for me at least, it sounds way more interesting than what Remender had going with Rogue and Wanda over Uncanny Avengers.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-10-2021 at 09:45 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I don´t think Lorna needs a Rogue vs Wanda style of confrontation before developing a closer relationship, what´s there is enough to form a particular foundation that could grow over time:

For example both are close to Pietro but while Pietro always was a brother to Wanda, Lorna knew him first as a friend and later as a brother, Pitro is more easy going with Lorna and allows himself to be that annoying but protective brother to Lorna while he´s usually serious and almost always worried for the well being of Wanda because they grew up together but he felt personally responsible for her survival.

Now with Magneto it´s a similar situation, Magnus relationship with Wanda is a lot more conflictive than with Lorna but he has been trying to be Wanda´s father for a long time before Lorna even knew she was also his daughter, this alone may give her reason to question him why this difference in treatment if he knew since she was a toddler she was his daughter, he probably thinks about this in terms of wanting to keep her safe while Wanda was already a grown woman when he discovered their relationship told her they were father and daughter, still this may make Lorna have some conflictive feelings over him and Wanda.

Her own relationship with Wanda is almost non-existent but she knows for a fact Wanda was responsible for M-Day and for her losing her powers for a while, she understands and sympathises with Wanda´s situation but her reaction to this is definitely more distant and judmental than Pietro´s or Magneto´s because contrary to them, she didn´t have a hand on their confrotation at the end of HOM but had to deal with the consequences all the same.

I believe all this is a foundation for them to have a conflictive, at first relationship, that later could grow into a close sister and sister partnership and for me at least, it sounds way more interesting than what Remender had going with Rogue and Wanda over Uncanny Avengers.
    The time frame window has long closed for that and I will agree with you the Rogue-Wanda stuff was forced. I don’t think a Lorna-Wanda family feud back then would have been nearly so forced. It would have felt more in character then a lot of the over the top Pietro-Lorna battles given Lorna didn’t really have a good reason to be pissed at him outside of his usual nature.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The time frame window has long closed for that and I will agree with you the Rogue-Wanda stuff was forced. I don’t think a Lorna-Wanda family feud back then would have been nearly so forced. It would have felt more in character then a lot of the over the top Pietro-Lorna battles given Lorna didn’t really have a good reason to be pissed at him outside of his usual nature.

Yes not a fan of Rogue/Wanda feud, Rogue would actually totally get Wanda´s situation given her own experiences of proving herself to become an X-man after leaving Mystique and that confrontation with Pietro was indeed weird.

I agree the timing would be off but after reading JDW comments on X-men Monday I suspect we will see some variety of it, maybe not a full on confrontation but I could see Lorna having some reflections on Wanda while X-factor investigates her muder, specially if she helps during the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan White X-men Monday #114
    AIPT: We got a glimpse of Magneto and Polaris’ relationship as father and daughter during the Hellfire Gala. X-Fan TripleThreat was curious what your thoughts are regarding Magneto’s relationship with Lorna, and how do they compare to his feelings toward Wanda, which we caught a glimpse of in S.W.O.R.D. #6?

Jordan: It’s interesting, right? Because in some ways, his relationships with them are full opposites, right?

AIPT: Polar opposites…

Jordan: That’s really funny. Well, right, because Wanda was introduced not as his daughter, but then was revealed to be his daughter. And then, for many, many years that relationship was embraced. I mean, it’s not like they were a happy family or anything like that, but they were known to be his children. And that was a thing that was talked about and discussed a lot. And then suddenly, they were officially revealed to not be his children. And that is where we currently stand.

Whereas with Polaris, she was first introduced as his daughter, I think she was, but then doubt was almost immediately cast upon it. And then for tons of time, it was like, is she? Isn’t she? Kind of just existing in this unconfirmed state until eventually I’m pretty sure it was in Peter David’s X-Factor that it was finally eventually confirmed.

It is definitely true. He’s definitely her father. And now she’s the only biological daughter he has, which is weird. I mean, those two paths their relationship took color them completely. Again, for so long, I felt like him and Polaris had a very minor relationship. Or sometimes, even a contentious one, because she would be claiming he was her father and he would be denying it or things like that. In some ways, it almost has felt like him accepting her as his daughter and treating her more like his daughter is almost in reaction to having lost the other children. But who can say? I will say we will see more interrogation of those relationships in The Trial of Magneto for certain.
    X-Men Monday #114 - Jordan D. White Answers Your Hellfire Gala Week 5 Questions
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-10-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Not really especially as Magneto is the prime suspect, is one of the main figureheads of Krakoas Quiet Council and one of Krakoas' three main laws "kill no human" has been broken.
    And that has to do with Magneto. Not much to do with Wanda. The story will likely focus on him and Krakoa. I have zero expectations nor entitlement towards the x-books to majorly feature Wanda.

Yes so far this story looks like it will be more about Krakoa in general and Magneto in particular but given some covers from ToM, I think there´s a possibility Wanda, Tommy,Pietro, Lorna and Billy may play a part there too, as well as Wasp, Iron-Man, Vision and Captain America who were all close to Wanda at some point on the Avengers. Sure those are just covers and until we see some interior art we all are speculating.

Yes so far this story looks like it will be more about Krakoa in general and Magneto in particular but given some covers from ToM, I think there´s a possibility Wanda, Tommy,Pietro, Lorna and Billy may play a part there too, as well as Wasp, Iron-Man, Vision and Captain America who were all close to Wanda at some point on the Avengers. Sure those are just covers and until we see some interior art we all are speculating.
    Yeah, with Wanda's history of being on covers for things she's not in, that is definitely not a guarantee to me. The Avengers going after Mags thinking he killed Wanda is in the solicits, so that is more likely. I always temper expectations. Especially when it comes to Wanda appearances.

Agreed, I will wait to see some previews with dialogue first to know better where the story is going

Ultimate Member

It seems more in-character that Magneto's not in trouble for the death of Wanda, he's in trouble for revenge-killing whomever he thought (perhaps wrongly...)*did* kill Wanda...

Astonishing Member

It might also be that even if he didn’t revenge kill, the fact that the QC are entirely willing to brush aside a pretty egregious breach of one of their only laws might annoy Magneto, since Wanda was almost certainly in his thoughts when he orchestrated Cortez’ humiliation