Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Just stumbled upon this pic. JSC will be at the upcoming Dallas comicon, thinking of getting an Elektra piece from him.

Are covers just about all Campbell does anymore?

The first Elektra story I read was the Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra miniseries, which I loved. The character has fascinated me ever since.
    But even Greg Rucka couldn't make her last solo series very engaging, and that was mostly due to the insanely stylised and contrasting art styles between issues (not to mention those Greg Horn covers)

No such problems with this new series!
    This looks all set, art-wise and writing-wise, to fill the Batwoman-shaped hole in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    @Kieran I'll be interested in seeing where Elektra falls in your ranking scheme. And I hear you on BW...I will be dropping it after this next issue.
    I think my love of Liu's run is still too current in my mind, and everything after that just felt like a let-down. Black Widow vs. Elektra and Black Widow vs. Lady Bullseye was EPIC in that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    How come you haven't been able to get it yet? I sprinted to my comic shop after having to wait an extra day because the Bank holiday lol!
    Money's a little tight right now, so I basically wait till pay day and get my previous months worth. Haven't managed to get Avengers Undercover #3 yet, so I have no idea if Arcade lives or dies

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

That looks like some Batwoman art...

That is stunning. Is that an upcoming cover?

That looks fantastic. I love when artists use the red of her costume like that that.

I don't think that's a cover though, doesn't look like Del Mundo to me.

EDIT: Finally got with the times and got a gif avatar, courtesy of Saucemaster!
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 05-03-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    That is stunning. Is that an upcoming cover?
    That looks fantastic. I love when artists use the red of her costume like that that.

I don't think that's a cover though, doesn't look like Del Mundo to me.
    It's not a cover. The artist is Tom Kelly. I've linked the image to his original page.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    The first Elektra story I read was the Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra miniseries, which I loved. The character has fascinated me ever since.
    But even Greg Rucka couldn't make her last solo series very engaging, and that was mostly due to the insanely stylised and contrasting art styles between issues (not to mention those Greg Horn covers)

No such problems with this new series!
    This looks all set, art-wise and writing-wise, to fill the Batwoman-shaped hole in my heart.
    You know, the only Ultimate Elektra I've read was in the pages of Ultimate Spiderman.

After tge DD movie I picked up Visionaries V2, and truly became an Elektralyte. I've read some of her solo stuff, but V1 was terrible, and I didn't like what Rucka did in V2. The lead up, showing her addiction to murder, was interesting, but the whole straying from her former path wasn't as enjoyable. And yes, there were some truly terrible artists that worked on yhat arc. Never finished that volume, so I have no idea what subsequent writers did.

But in recent years, between Zeb Wells, Thunderbolts, and her new solo I've been very happy.

I hope this isn't considered thread bumping.

So, I'm looking at some villain bios in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game, and found something interesting regarding our Lady of Death: her bio states she has limited telepathy! As far as I know, M:AA can't put anything in this game that isn't approved by Marvel, so...what do we think? Are we about to see Elektra using some of her ninja abilities in the near future?

MAAElektra.jpg

I hope this isn't considered thread bumping.

So, I'm looking at some villain bios in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game, and found something interesting regarding our Lady of Death: her bio states she has limited telepathy! As far as I know, M:AA can't put anything in this game that isn't approved by Marvel, so...what do we think? Are we about to see Elektra using some of her ninja abilities in the near future?

MAAElektra.jpg
    I hope she does, other than Frank Miller the only other modern writers that have used her psychic abilities are Bendis and Mark Millar.

I never knew she had psychic abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I never knew she had psychic abilities...
    She is no Jean Grey but she can speak telepathically to other people and has some sort of mind control/illusion abilities. She has only ever really used them in extensively in the Elektra:Assassin mini.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    She is no Jean Grey but she can speak telepathically to other people and has some sort of mind control/illusion abilities. She has only ever really used them in extensively in the Elektra:Assassin mini.
    Is it inborn or the result of some ninja magic? Guess I could look that up but it's kinda more fun asking you guys...