Page 97 of 662 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

just when I thought I had lost hope, that my heart couldnt go on, that I would never breathe again coates once again became the wind beneath my wind:

praise the hadari yao!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

awww she's wearing her Red costume

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    awww she's wearing her Red costume
    yup which let's us know her being a goddess in BP book all happened before xmen red, which red of course happened after the book and author that shall not be named that tried to undermine coates work.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    *sigh* well her name's not Summers, Grey (or one of their many children) nor does she pop claws out her hands so....

And i honestly have nothing against Jean or Scott but the X-Offices seem to have an affinity with them.
    yea it is what it is. I'm putting all my hope in coates now. may his direction and development for storm continue to light the way.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just when I thought I had lost hope, that my heart couldnt go on, that I would never breathe again coates once again became the wind beneath my wind:

Wwaaiiitt where is his from?? Is this an upcoming issue cover? Finally some light in the dark.

I agree with most here that it's pretty sad how often shes pushed back. Though I am a little hopeful since shes in front of that promotional art with 2 versions of herself and if it's true Hickman wanted to write her in Avengers then maybe I won't be dissapointed, but we'll see lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4272600

Ew they are kissing.

Well, at least this ties into things FINALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Wwaaiiitt where is his from?? Is this an upcoming issue cover? Finally some light in the dark.

I agree with most here that it's pretty sad how often shes pushed back. Though I am a little hopeful since shes in front of that promotional art with 2 versions of herself and if it's true Hickman wanted to write her in Avengers then maybe I won't be dissapointed, but we'll see lol.
    yaaassss honey it's from BP issue 14.

and I hope you guys get what u want from the xoffices but I sincerely hope Coates continues to drive the direction of her development. if the xoffices had her way she would continue to be the marvelous character known as background token girl aka lightning lass. I'm over the little scraps we get from the xoffices with little to nothing in return for our devotion.

This looks interesting, although Storm appears to be a hologram so it makes me wonder in what capacity Storm will be appearing. Did we get the solicit for this issue yet? If she appears in a flashback/memory, I hope we get some decent dialogue. Coates captures Storm's voice well and I've been missing it for the past few issues.

yaaassss honey it's from BP issue 14.

and I hope you guys get what u want from the xoffices but I sincerely hope Coates continues to drive the direction of her development. if the xoffices had her way she would continue to be the marvelous character known as background token girl aka lightning lass. I'm over the little scraps we get from the xoffices with little to nothing in return for our devotion.
    I agree about Coates. He seems to have an actual plan/direction for Storm while the X-office continues to show that it does not know how to properly handle her. Like I stated in my last post, I think this is going to be the Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Wolverine show, with Magneto and Xavier being the supporting cast. Meanwhile Storm is apart of the studio audience.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Ew they are kissing.

Well, at least this ties into things FINALLY.

hahaha I knew you would like that. I posted it just for YOU!!!!

And yes the costume change clearly demonstrates these events occurred after gold and during/after xmen red.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    This looks interesting, although Storm appears to be a hologram so it makes me wonder in what capacity Storm will be appearing. Did we get the solicit for this issue yet? If she appears in a flashback/memory, I hope we get some decent dialogue. Coates captures Storm's voice well and I've been missing it for the past few issues.

I agree about Coates. He seems to have an actual plan/direction for Storm while the X-office continues to show that it does not know how to properly handle her. Like I stated in my last post, I think this is going to be the Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Wolverine show, with Magneto and Xavier being the supporting cast. Meanwhile Storm is apart of the studio audience.
    1. I havent seen the solicit yet but I think this after tchalla gets his memories back so this is a great sign.

2. and lolol not a part of the studio audience. that means she may not even be seen doing a thing lolol

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Are we ever going to discuss Storm riding the EM field instead of winds?
    What happened?!?! I've been busy with work and classes and haven't had the time to keep up with stuff.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Double post

I like what Coates had to say: "Lotta people think the current season of Panther is Star Wars. Sure but it’s really the Middle Passage. What Dani captures so well is the distance between T’Challa—kidnapped, mind-wiped and enslaved by Imperials—and his African home, represented by his beloved Storm."

I would like to see Coates take over the X-titles. I think he would do well with the cast, especially with Storm leading the team.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I like Jean, Cyke, and also Logan but now that all three of them are back I feel like from this point on they will always be the center of the X-verse. Magneto and Xavier will of course also be getting some attention too. I can only hope that the X-office remembers that Storm exists at that she can do more than just toss around lightning!
    Uhhh..yea I doubt that. At this point it's hard to remain hopeful that the X-offices will do anything meaningful with her. I think part of the problem is there's too many characters in the X-Verse and they try to cram them all in the same book so in trying to write stories that captures them all is difficult. There are obviously teacher's pets that no matter what always gets a major lead in the stories but I feel as iconic a character as Storm is she should be more than just the hired help.
    Last edited by Sunny; 03-25-2019 at 07:09 PM.

I figured the Ongoing wasn't happening, ever since it was announced Coates was working on Captain America. Plus, there was a regime change, so yeah, plans were dropped. Anyway, never say never. Things can certainly change in the future.

Also, I'm certain Hickman will dictate what will happen to Storm's character going forward, so whatever Coates does will be moot, unless he and Hickman are working together.

Also, something I realized. With child Storm on the promo cover, it's possible we will revisit her and Xavier meeting one another for the first time--on top of Xaier's battle with the Shadow King.

I like what Coates had to say: "Lotta people think the current season of Panther is Star Wars. Sure but it’s really the Middle Passage. What Dani captures so well is the distance between T’Challa—kidnapped, mind-wiped and enslaved by Imperials—and his African home, represented by his beloved Storm."

I would like to see Coates take over the X-titles. I think he would do well with the cast, especially with Storm leading the team.
    oh wow!! that is pretty awesome and I knew there were parallels to African enslavement but it really nice to see his perspective and break down exactly why this story is about middle passage. it just shows how truly talented of a writer he is.

and I would love that too. hopefully at some point we see this.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Uhhh..yea I doubt that. At this point it's hard to remain hopeful that the X-offices will do anything meaningful with her. I think part of the problem is there's too many characters in the X-Verse and they try to cram them all in the same book so in trying to write stories that captures them all is difficult. There are obviously teacher's pets that no matter what always gets a major lead in the stories but I feel as iconic a character as Storm is she should be more than just the hired help.
    hello!!! you betta say that louder. I dont think the people in the back heard you