Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I'm impressed so far. I like the characters presented and I like the idea of them having the OG New Warriors as mentors.

Niffleheim

they are more handlers than mentors since it is being sanction by law.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPlus View Post
    I'm impressed so far. I like the characters presented and I like the idea of them having the OG New Warriors as mentors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    It’s a great, fun gimmick!
    Even DC’s H Dial is a variation on it, straight up pulling whole superheroes out of the ether.
    kinda like we did ....

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPlus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    No lie I guess I must've spaced cause I totally missed all that lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Safespace and Snowflake ... puh-lease!!!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    why? u need one or you are one? lol! Sorry i couldn't help myself.

They seem as corny as Night Thrasher originally did. Luckily, Nicieza wrote him as a great character which overcame the name and skateboarding gimmick. Remains to be seen if the same will happen here. I look forward to reading reviews, but right now I am not sold. The Champions captured that "new generation of heroes" vibe not that long ago and I am far from convinced these guys will do the same effectively.

I’m not sold on them at all, or B Negative.

I get that Night Thrasher was an original concept, but he still seemed better thought out than these characters. And the original team was great fun in that they took a bunch of characters that had been around for years that no one cared about and made us care. There are a bunch such characters going unused at Marvel right now.
    I just would have gone a different way given the chance to revamp the Warriors brand.

I actually like them as a concept. I also like the idea that they're taking ownership of terms that are usually used to insult and demean the generation they're part of.

Speedball and Justice show up in Outlawed #1.

Both are single panel appearances, but Speedball's is important. He arrests Snowguard and Locust and confiscates the Champions Mobile Bunker (which makes me wonder if the Warriors will now have use of it). He does have a line, telling them that he learned the hard way (referring to Civil War, when he became Penance).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

Theres some part of me that says... This guys trolling, HARD. This is the type of thing that just...

I mean whose their antagonist? Ok:BOOMERMAN!

Trailblazer is a legit name and concept but the rest of this is just... Its silly, and this is what I mean when the guys writing the books
    are out of touch trying to "current era" their way though.

You can have progressivism without being ridiculous like this. Jesus get a teenage consultant or something, marvel.

But at the end of the day there's things like

"EXPERIMENTAL INTERNET GAS" being said with a straight face and thats worse than the names. The conventions being used.

Some men just want to watch the world burn

*profound sadness* They better not try to say this didn't sell cause of coronavirus

They seem as corny as Night Thrasher originally did. Luckily, Nicieza wrote him as a great character which overcame the name and skateboarding gimmick. Remains to be seen if the same will happen here. I look forward to reading reviews, but right now I am not sold. The Champions captured that "new generation of heroes" vibe not that long ago and I am far from convinced these guys will do the same effectively.
    I'd like to say that as a kid I never thought NightThrasher was a corny name because I hadn't been introduced to skateboarding terminology being black and I imagine regionally.
    The internet wasn't really "ON" yet and so the name was taken literally by everyone who I knew as the school lunch table.

a guy who gives out thrashings aka Ass-whuppings every night.

But at the end of the day this whole info drop is... really demoralizing.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 03-18-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Definitely picking this up. Very curious. I find these designs and concepts charming and provocative. Like ANY superhero design should be.

I like the idea but I think the twins are the weak link. I'd say B-Negative and Trailblazer are the strongest. I'm hoping Screentime is more Cypher than Hindsight lad.

I'm gonna check it out and they are probably my new favorite lost cause.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    […]
    "EXPERIMENTAL INTERNET GAS" being said with a straight face and thats worse than the names. The conventions being used.
    […]
    Exactly! What should an "experimental internet gas" be?
    It is so absurd that you can neither be able to suspend your disbelief.
    Anyway I don't thin it will be a problem: when I have seen the trailer on the Youtube Marvel Channel, there were more than 8,000 dislike and about 1,500 like, so I think this book will not last for long.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Same here...as someone else said, Snowflake and Safespace's descriptions really remind me of Hawk and Dove...but with much tackier outfits.

I'll give the comic a shot, but I'm really not expecting much out of it...kinda like with Children of the Atom

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    when I have seen the trailer on the Youtube Marvel Channel, there were more than 8,000 dislike and about 1,500 like, so I think this book will not last for long.
    News of the series has been picked up on by anti-"Woke"/SJW sites and it's getting review bombed by them like so many similar projects in the past. Most of the people hitting dislike were never going to read it anyway.

The book was never going to last long regardless (what Marvel book does these days?) but now it's going to be the thing pointed at and paraded by it's detractors (see: Mockingbird, Ms. Marvel, etc) in hopes that it will fail.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans