Page 376 of 440 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I love cheese and all kinds of it. But I cut back on eating cheese many years ago, because it's so fattening. Now I find that I've become lactose intolerant. I still eat some dairy but I try to limit the amount and frequency, because the food might taste good going down but the after effects are not worth it.
    Ouch. I feel for you, no longer being able to eat what you love.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I love Extra Cheese on my Pizza. But that is not cheese. That is pizza
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I love cheese and all kinds of it. But I cut back on eating cheese many years ago, because it's so fattening. Now I find that I've become lactose intolerant. I still eat some dairy but I try to limit the amount and frequency, because the food might taste good going down but the after effects are not worth it.
    I love cheese, many kinds of it, except blue cheese (which we call mold cheese). I'm also lactose intolerant, but thankfully some cheeses like parmesan contain very little lactose and now there are also several lactose-free options. Otherwise it would be horrible for me, since I'm a vegetarian.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

What are the best cheeses for crackers? I like Havarti, a Danish white mild soft cheese, but it's hard to get and expensive, is there a cheaper, more widely available alternative?

Since everyone seems to be saying cheese, this would be the perfect time for a group photo.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What are the best cheeses for crackers? I like Havarti, a Danish white mild soft cheese, but it's hard to get and expensive, is there a cheaper, more widely available alternative?
    It's all personal taste for what is best on your crackers. Havarti isn't as hard to find where I live (90ish miles north of Las Vegas) as the local Smith's often carries it. If you live in a major city, I always recommend checking out the ethnic markets. Las Vegas has several East European markets my wife and I visit semi regularly. Bulgarian, Hungarian, and a regional market that centers mostly on Poland, Ukraine, Russia, and the Baltuc states.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Have you tried Gouda? I think it is cheaper than Havarti.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Have you tried Gouda? I think it is cheaper than Havarti.
    There's a thought. And it's much more widely available here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's all personal taste for what is best on your crackers. Havarti isn't as hard to find where I live (90ish miles north of Las Vegas) as the local Smith's often carries it. If you live in a major city, I always recommend checking out the ethnic markets. Las Vegas has several East European markets my wife and I visit semi regularly. Bulgarian, Hungarian, and a regional market that centers mostly on Poland, Ukraine, Russia, and the Baltuc states.
    All I've got is an Italian grocery, nice, but I'd like more.

Astonishing Member

I don't often eat cheese, but when I do, I put smoked Gouda on a flavored Triscuit cracker. I'm a fan of smokey flavored Scotch, too, and it all works well together.

Why does anyone call ham & pineapple pizza Hawaiian pizza? pineapples are native to South America. So why not call it South American pizza?

Hawaiian pizza, as American author John Green commented, is a Canadian invention by a Greek immigrant, inspired by Chinese cuisine to put a South American fruit on an Italian dish,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_pizza

Before we got most of our pineapples from Costa Rica, America got most of their pineapples from Hawaii. Dole owned the island of Lanai where they grew pineapples. To Americans, pineapples mean Hawaii.

Where something originated is meaningless. Apples in central Europe, Potatoes in S. America, watermelon in Africa, and so on. That is not what people think of when they think of these foods now.

Even your wiki page says the pineapple was from Hawaii when the pizza was created.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, they could also call it "Greek Canadian pizza" since it was invented in Canada by a Greek immigrant

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Well, they could also call it "Greek Canadian pizza" since it was invented in Canada by a Greek immigrant
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    But that would be awful marketing, since people would think it had Canadian Bacon and Feta.
    French Fries nor French Toast are from France.