Page 883 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 17573
    BANNED

So much for unity. Way to go Joe. I thought you weren't going to go negative against an opponent? Lyin Joe Biden and the Biden Bros.
    https://twitter.com/ChuckRocha/statu...221654017?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    My point is that the Tea Party was NEVER a genuine grass roots movement and always had the backing of the elites that they were supposedly opposing, why would they have had such an easy go of it when American politics is so set in its ways and immediately quashes any movement with even a hint of revolutionary sentiment? Frankly the grassroots progressive movement is about as strong as it's ever been and hopefully the deteriorating state of the country will open more and more eyes to the problems we face and the radical solutions needed to fix them. However, if the attitudes of Biden supporters here and elsewhere are any indication, most Americans are just too lazy and fearful to jump on board and would rather die with their heads buried in the sands. What does this say about us as a society?
    You're using conspiracy theory and groundless opinion to argue against your movements success.
    I can only conclude that you'd rather hang onto your negativity because it gives you an excuse to blame Democrats and that it isn't about the cause for you, but rather Biden vs Sanders.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    So much for unity. Way to go Joe. I thought you weren't going to go negative against an opponent? Lyin Joe Biden and the Biden Bros.
    Biden didn’t direct anyone to do that or say it himself. You know what Super PACs are correct?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Really, that's what happens in a primary election though. You attack the other side until one drops, then you unify.

I don't think either Biden or Bernies side could be faulted for that. It's what you do. I think how the candidate and his supporters respond after one of them drops out is the real test of party unity.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

#Somuchforunity will be the new #ButHerEmail if Biden loses against Trump or Pence.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Really, that's what happens in a primary election though. You attack the other side until one drops, then you unify.

I don't think either Biden or Bernies side could be faulted for that. It's what you do. I think how the candidate and his supporters respond after one of them drops out is the real test of party unity.
    I think the bigger issue is that Biden has largely laid off Sanders, thinking he has the primary in the bag. But Sanders is out for blood and going to keep trying to win contests—and win them by large enough margins to deny Biden the outright majority needed to avoid a contested convention. Biden has to hit back at some point, otherwise the ground under him might start to shift and suddenly we are well on our way to a contested convention.

Of course, Biden doesn’t control his Super PAC. That would be illegal. So, really, we’ll see how tonight goes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I’ve just lost patience in the, “Nothing is my fault. It’s the establishment’s fault for why I can’t get votes. It’s the media’s fault. It’s coronavirus’ fault.” As people that hated Hillary have pointed out, it is the individual’s job to get votes and deal with the circumstances. Bernie couldn’t.
    Even here in the Uk a good chunk of the pro corbyn crowd (myself included) acknowledge that whilst the mefia was fucking atrocious and a gigantic single issue drove alot of people our leader just didnt work hard enough to get people.

President Trump reportedly tried to poach German scientists working on a cure for coronavirus and offered cash so the vaccine would be exclusive to the USA

woah....next level of insanity

President Donald Trump reportedly tried to recruit German scientists working on a cure for the coronavirus and offered large sums of money to secure exclusive rights to their work for the US, according to a report which was confirmed by the German government.

Prominent German newspaper WELT am Sonntag reported that Trump had offered large sums of money to lure the Germany-based company CureVac to the United States and to secure exclusive rights to a vaccine.
    The firm works with the federally-owned Paul Ehrlich Institute for Vaccines and Biomedical Medicines on a cure for the coronavirus.

CureVac denied "rumors of an acquisition" in a March 15 statement. The biotech company said it has been in contact with many organizations and global authorities, but "abstains from commenting on speculations and rejects allegations about offers for acquisition of the company or its technology."

A German government source said Trump was trying hard to find a coronavirus vaccine for the United States, "but only for the USA."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeBiden/...80176594288643

I’m pleasantly surprised by this. This spells good things for Biden’s potential presidency, imo. He’s able to come around to ideas that he initially opposed if he’s convinced enough - so he’s willing to listen. Of course this could simply be a ploy to attract younger voters(a demographic that Biden has struggled with) that he’ll simply abandon if/when he becomes president, but as a Bernie supporter who’s crushed that Bernie lost I think I’m beginning to become enthusiastic about voting for the guy. This, along with his good Coronavirus speech(which he didn’t have any gaffes, and was very eloquent) tell me he is fit for the office. I was also impressed with his townhall appearance. While I still prefer Warren or Sanders, I think Biden is growing on me and frankly he already has one of the qualities I prize most in a president which is that compassionate warmth that is both helpful and healing in times of duress. We haven’t have had that in four years.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 03-15-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Even here in the Uk a good chunk of the pro corbyn crowd (myself included) acknowledge that whilst the mefia was fucking atrocious and a gigantic single issue drove alot of people our leader just didnt work hard enough to get people.
    See? I’m fine discussing the external reasons a candidate lost. I did it in 2016 with Clinton too. But the ultimate end point is that the candidates’ job is to appeal more broadly to voters. If they can’t do that, they lose.

See? I’m fine discussing the external reasons a candidate lost. I did it in 2016 with Clinton too. But the ultimate end point is that the candidates’ job is to appeal more broadly to voters. If they can’t do that, they lose.
    In my case its because he was far too passive, both on brexit and on striking back against the anti-semetism charges

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

I’m pleasantly surprised by this. This spells good things for Biden’s potential presidency, imo. He’s able to come around to ideas that he initially opposed if he’s convinced enough - so he’s willing to listen. Of course this could simply be a ploy to attract younger voters(a demographic that Biden has struggled with) that he’ll simply abandon if/when he becomes president, but as a Bernie supporter who’s crushed that Bernie lost I think I’m beginning to become enthusiastic about voting for the guy. This, along with his good Coronavirus speech(which he didn’t have any gaffes, and was very eloquent) tell me he is fit for the office. I was also impressed with his townhall appearance. While I still prefer Warren or Sanders, I think Biden is growing on me and frankly he already has one of the qualities I prize most in a president which is that compassionate warmth that is both helpful and healing in times of duress. We haven’t have had that in four years.
    “wE wOn’T bE aBlE tO pUsH cEnTrIsT bIdEn To ThE lEfT”

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    In my case its because he was far too passive, both on brexit and on striking back against the anti-semetism charges
    He handled the whole antisemitism thing so badly; it reminded me of Tim Farron and the whole "is gay sex a sin" question. EVEN HIS POSTMAN could have told him "just LIE, Tim! Just f*ckin' lie!!! You're a politician, this is an easy lie, so WHY AREN'T YOU LYING?!!?!?!"
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

“wE wOn’T bE aBlE tO pUsH cEnTrIsT bIdEn To ThE lEfT”
    It seems to be the prevailing idea among so-called progressives who want to do nothing but sit on their hands and bitch.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post

It's a good start but he's still got a long way to go.