Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She didn't, but she knows that Scott and the others are fugitives -- that was her whole SHIELD recruitment purpose. She was supposed to find and capture Scott and his people.
    She knew they were hiding, and she probably ASKED the JGI.
    Thus "So, you.....found us" is applicable.
    I was thinking this as well. She was supposed to find them, didn't, then the JGS finds them on the spot.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePriest View Post
    She may also be irrationally loyal to the people who saved her and offered her help first.

Her outward appearance may signal that she's kind of messed up right now.

This makes the most sense.

99% everyone in the room of that issue was fooled by mystique as dazzler, that was clearly shown through multiple marvel books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    This makes the most sense.

99% everyone in the room of that issue was fooled by mystique as dazzler, that was clearly shown through multiple marvel books.
    Whats funny is Magneto knew for a while that Dazzler was Mystique and didn't think it was much of an important detail to, I don't know...tell someone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She didn't, but she knows that Scott and the others are fugitives -- that was her whole SHIELD recruitment purpose. She was supposed to find and capture Scott and his people.
    She knew they were hiding, and she probably ASKED the JGI.
    Thus "So, you.....found us" is applicable.
    She never got the chance to ask.

Her debut was also the day mystique captured her, from that point on all her appearances were mystique in disguise.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 07-31-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Spectacular Member

I hope the will does reveal that Mystique "owns" the school now. The next panel better be ALL the characters laughing uncontrollably and then someone saying "Yeah, like that will stand up in court!"
    Shape-shifting internationally hunted super criminal...sure she can try to enforce her legal right in court.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    I was thinking this as well. She was supposed to find them, didn't, then the JGS finds them on the spot.
    Your point?

The JGS never turned Scott in just as feat. In other books where Logan and storm knew they never told sheild. Scott points out how they waltz up the front door so even he realizes something.

Maybe this story will be the impetus for all the X-Men to decide "hey, maybe we shouldn't revere this Xavier guy so much."

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Your point?

The JGS never turned Scott in just as feat. In other books where Logan and storm knew they never told sheild. Scott points out how they waltz up the front door so even he realizes something.
    I think you're missing my point. I think Dazzler was surprised that the JGS found them so fast, hence this "They found us" quote. I don't take it as "Grrr, they found us!!!"
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was it just me or did Dazzler's "They found us" to Gold team kinda make her sound like a tool what with her being the last one to join and really only being there because Mystique messed up her life. She seemed like that one person who chimes in with "Yea!" in response to someone's speech about something they aren't even a part of to try to sound cool.
    Kinda. The JGS has Firestar. The NXS now has Dazzler.

For the sake of context, Storm and Wolverine actually acknowledged Firestar and responded to her during the issue, lol.

Dazzler: "They found us"
    I think you're missing my point. I think Dazzler was surprised that the JGS found them so fast, hence this "They found us" quote. I don't take it as "Grrr, they found us!!!"
    Not the actual quote. Come on, peeps, Dazzler didn't even have that much to say. Let's get it right, if just for the sake of a pity kudo.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 07-31-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Hell, no one seemed to care Dazzler changed her look. Ignored and not cared for. Maybe her and Rachel should start a team.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

This has to be one of the craziest Xavier revelations so far.

So what, Charles and Mystique had some wild never before heard off passionate love affair that led to them getting married, then later separated and never legally divorced? When did all of this happen exactly?

BANNED

No, it's about she says it in general.

It doesn't matter how it came off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    SO much this, hahahaha! He can rebel against his mother as the X-Men's vagina. Move over Jean, there's a new redhead getting passed around.

(What do you want to bet his reaction to this business gets skimmed over, at best?)
    lol. I really hope Mystique is behind all this...that she jumped the gun on everybody and has this whole thing in her control.

Master manipulator!

Not Xavier - Mystique!

Pay no mind to the shapeshifter behind the curtain.

There's no salvageable X-Men anyway and having Mystique finally blow the whole thing up could be brilliant.
    Even if her plan doesn't work...it works. Chaos, pain, hurt, driving the schisms deeper...why, because maybe Xavier's children deserve it...maybe the dreamers need a wake up call. Why not have Shiva...the creative destroyer- why not have that be Mystique? So there can be a great release and true progression beyond all this...all this is all we've had for a long time now...

Why not have Mystique...who is like the Loki of the X-Men...the trickster...why not have her be that creative force that busts the X-Men loose from all the lagging weight of hollow purpose? Loki - Mystique...they're the same force. No more 'X'...? What do you think?

That's my hope...that's where I desperately hope this is all headed.
    Last edited by sungila; 07-31-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I never religiously read Avengers until Disassembled was happening then I started picking up New Avengers. I LOVED it, but I remember a lot of Avengers fans hated what was going on & I couldn't understand why. I'm at the point of understanding now that its the X-Men he's dealing with. I'm not of the "omg ick, ugh, barf" opinion with Bendis on the books, but I'm not enjoying his X-stint as much as I enjoyed his Avengers stint. And I think, as others have pointed out, it's because I didn't have that history with the Avengers that I have with the X-Men so the changes & any OOC moments didn't juimp out at me like they do now. I think Bendis has some fairly interesting things brewing here & there, but the pacing & execution has been so hit-and-miss.
    I was actually thinking about this the other day.
    I really loved Bendis' Avengers as well, but haven't been enjoying his X-Men run as much either.
    And it is definitely because my history with and knowledge of the X-Men is so much deeper than my history with and knowledge of the Avengers.
    Unfortunately it just means we get thrown out of the story more often when someone acts out of character.
    But to be honest I'm already starting to get used to these All New Slightly Different X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    I did really like Anka's art this issue though, I thought it was a great bump up in quality from Bachalo.
    Yeah, IMHO Bachalo shouldn't be doing comic book interior work. His style isn't suited to it.
    Imagine all the expressions we'd have missed if he'd drawn this issue instead of Anka.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    lol. I really hope Mystique is behind all this...that she jumped the gun on everybody and has this whole thing in her control.

Master manipulator!

Not Xavier - Mystique!

Pay no mind to the shapeshifter behind the curtain.

There's no salvageable X-Men anyway and having Mystique finally blow the whole thing up could be brilliant.
    Even if her plan doesn't work...it works. Chaos, pain, hurt, driving the schisms deeper...why, because maybe Xavier's children deserve it...maybe the dreamers need a wake up call. Why not have Shiva...the creative destroyer- why not have that be Mystique? So there can be a great release and true progression beyond all this...all this is all we've had for a long time now...

Why not have Mystique...who is like the Loki of the X-Men...the trickster...why not have her be that creative force that busts the X-Men loose from all the lagging weight of hollow purpose? Loki - Mystique...they're the same force. No more 'X'...? What do you think?

That's my hope...that's where I desperately hope this is all headed.

I would say take that mentality and go the opposite direction. If we can get a mutant Siege (also a Bendis story conveniently), perhaps "Mystique's Siege of the Jean Grey School," that would be great. Especially if Cyclops comes to the JGS's aid.