Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like it as an idea for a story, but as in the past, it becomes a house of cards the second someone tries to screw with one of the elements.Let's hope Bendis builds this future so that it can stand on its own without being beholden to past continuity.

As to the "tour guide," I would have thought it would be Naomi, but from the various previews, it appears to be a caucasian woman with reddish hair...?
    And it's supposed to be a familiar face. Can't think of many who'd still be alive in the 31st century... Poison Ivy could, but she's not likely to be a tour guide! Lilith Clay / Omen isn't immortal, is she?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    With Multiversity, the idea was supposed to be that there were only 52 Earths in the local multiverse and each one was unique and important. This included a Batman Beyond Earth and a Kamandi Earth.

If Batman Beyond and Kamandi are both part of the main DC Universe's future, then the Multiversity versions are largely redundant.
    Beyond has been Prime Earth canon since Futures End. Multiversity’s version is the DCAU

As for the Legion: It sounds like Bendis genuinely loves them
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...505201665?s=20
    Also NEW FLIGHT RINGS:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...634182656?s=20
    Last edited by Denirac; 06-14-2019 at 02:54 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I'm betting on Melody Moore from Bendis's Man of Steel : the character has been in the background for some time now, and I doubt Bendis created her for that. And she's ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Beyond has been Prime Earth canon since Futures End. Multiversity’s version is the DCAU

As for the Legion: It sounds like Bendis genuinely loves them
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...505201665?s=20
    Also NEW FLIGHT RINGS:
    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...634182656?s=20
    Bendis says he was offered Legion a few years back, very interesting.

Also some interesting quotes from reddit users

I think we need to recognize that Bendis is rebuilding the DC universe. I think that's why they hired him. They didn't just want a new Superman writer, they wanted someone to fix their continuity. The future of DC is Bendis. He will do with DC what he did with the Ultimate universe.
    Oh I agree. Didio has him on a number of stuff that DC wants sorted like the spy organizations. There’s too many of them so they’re culling them all, probably with the intention of just having one at the end of Event Leviathan to be their “SHIELD”. Bendis is clearly being used to tackle areas of the DCU higher ups want sorted.
    I feel like these quotes from some reddit users are true in a sense as I have been feeling like Bendis has been doing a lot of streamlining as well assembling, building and constructing things at DC.

And editorial is very much using him to do what they want as well.

Perhaps it'll give me insentive to cares for the LoSH if Bendis does what he promises.

I know that it's heresy to long-term fans, but I have zero interests in reading outdated vision of the future because they were great once. It's the same problem I have with most of Marvel but especially the X-Men : they don't have an entry point for people like me who need somewhere clean to start.

Without the New 52 I would probably never even care about reading an actual comic, even if I read for time to time what happened to batman on wiki. The JSA and the LoSH lacks such entry point to me, and I don't think I'll care very much for DC's vision of the future, Bendis-flare or not, but at least it'll allow me to try it.

Mighty Member

This will definitely be my jumping on point for LOSH. It’s honestly very hard to get into them due to them not being very accessible. I’m not entirely clueless about the them, read a few issues here and there. But I sincerely hope that Bendis focuses on a small core group. Too many characters to follow imo.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

The LoS will be debuting earlier than expected. They’re gonna show up in Superman #14 in August.

https://www.newsarama.com/45608-legi...perman-14.html

Damn, not even Ivan Reis could make Saturn Girl’s new design look good. Cosmic Boy is definitely a POC now. Though he’s an alien so I don’t know if that counts.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-14-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The best jumping on point for me was the cartoon show. Yes, it wasn't the best cartoon but I became familiar with them and got a simple understanding of who they are.

Years after and couple months ago, I read the 90s/Zero-Hour Legion and loved it. It resembled the cartoon the most imo and was simple to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The LoS will be debuting earlier than expected. They’re gonna show up in Superman #14 in August.

Damn, not even Ivan Reis could make Saturn Girl’s new design look good. Cosmic Boy is definitely a POC now. Though he’s an alien so I don’t know if that counts.
    And there's Wildfire and possibly Timber Wolf...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

These designs are atrocious. Reis indeed could not save them.

CB did look Asian from the concept art.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Saturn Girl's costume needs some serious help.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Okay, I was wondering who that was next to Wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Oh crap, that may indeed be Timber Wolf. He looks pretty bad. They really should just embrace the “Wolverine hair” that Brin actually had first.

I suddenly have a feeling that Jon might be joining the Legion line-up in September after reading that solicitation for superman. Not sure if that would be cool or not having Superman’s actual son join the Legion though, though it might mean we won’t see Supersons for a while.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Bendis says he was offered Legion a few years back, very interesting.

Also some interesting quotes from reddit users

I feel like these quotes from some reddit users are true in a sense as I have been feeling like Bendis has been doing a lot of streamlining as well assembling, building and constructing things at DC.

And editorial is very much using him to do what they want as well.
    Yep
    https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...mpression=true