Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is the best preview of this series so far
    I had the chance to read this early and it's far and away the best issue of the series to date.

I've liked the previous three issues just fine but this is the first one that brings true HoX/PoX levels of bad ass.

It's definitely a sharp reminder, in case anyone forgot, that Hickman is the one driving this ship.

X-Force and Marauders have been particularly excellent so far and one might have begun to think that either one of those were worthy candidates for being thought of as the flagship X-title but X-Men #4 puts those thoughts to rest.

I mean, everyone will continue to have their favorites in the X-line but X-Men #4 makes it clear that X-Men isn't a book that's riding shotgun to anyone else.

It's also an issue that makes it clear that we're only just getting started in this new era and that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Now I'm even more excited!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I mean his debut was beating Logan to death
    well he has also killed a god before. i'm just saying that he's a scary dude even wearing a suit and playing good.

would the Strucker twins be welcome on the island? i want that awkward meeting with Gorgon; their mother's lover.

Gorgon used to hit this

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I had the chance to read this early and it's far and away the best issue of the series to date.

I've liked the previous three issues just fine but this is the first one that brings true HoX/PoX levels of bad ass.
    This is what I wanted to hear. Lets get hyped boys n girls.

I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Private jets shuttling elites to their exclusive super powered meetings, it doesn't matter if its TED talks, or 'negotiations' it's a dialogue about power, pursuit, commerce, good and bad and 'people' as if we're a they who are someone else...like 'economy'.

White men in suits touching down in history his histoically 'neutral' exclusive European ski resorts where SUMMITS have nothing to do with actual mountains and trophy hunting pays for the preservation of the prey...trigger all sorts of white noise in my head.

All I can hear is something like a melting glacier in the shape of Lion's tooth in little archival pocket of soft grey ash that feels like in the palm of my hand and I don't want to look up at the moon but I can feel it in black and white...wondering if it's even possible to dream color...like I do...or think...

So, great, wonderful...controversy.

It's good, fine, of course I didn't want this to be easy.

To me this is the Savage Land. Dinosaur people. Coming out of that sort of place, surviving it...it's like, well, if it works being challenged that way...directly...wonderful, if not, *%$ing this again!

Playing evolution (Darwin walks up to an animal with a blunt club to see if the animal will flee or fight and then he clubs the animal to death and maybe he calls this 'negotiations')

Jurassic Park is a bucket full of violence from that well where as a boy I was catching a frog...
    kissing...well, maybe not that old yet.

Oh Hickman, you might make a Conan of me
    but never a Prince, this way.

By Prince I don't mean in-line-for-a-crown or mined to be-jewel'd into one.

He keeps saying that was a 'perfect' and 'beautiful' conversation! And 'they' keep talking about it and none of it sounds anything like perfect and/or beautiful...

More like Dinosaurs without the cute and alluring bird chirps that are now included and which I feel more akin to...and besides...when frogs sing in summer...you can feel the love.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-27-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Because there is Marauders with Kate and Emma and Storm for strong female characters!
    This is so insensitive. Men have been everywhere on comics all the time.

Not good have only men going to the economic forum

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Wasn't expecting Gorgon to be present. As long as Hickman doesn't pull another Hordeculture, we're good.
    "Cable was right!"

This issue is going to be bonkers. I can feel it in my bones and I so can't wait for wednesday.

As to the point of the lack of women in this issue, I feel like Hickman could've easily swapped Gorgon for Magik if he wanted to have two of the generals represented. Even the dialogue could've been kept the same.

My God Gorgon. This looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    This issue is going to be bonkers. I can feel it in my bones and I so can't wait for wednesday.

As to the point of the lack of women in this issue, I feel like Hickman could've easily swapped Gorgon for Magik if he wanted to have two of the generals represented. Even the dialogue could've been kept the same.
    Magick is in out of space. I do feel it's a wasted opportunity to not have Mystique who could have potentially gained intel using her shape shifting powers from other economic leaders. Or even get to see those who are close to them (like advisors) in case they needed to do some retcon or infiltration later.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would have taken any female, why not mystique if it was a power move, the world knows of mystique. And it kind of feels like "Well if people are going to say a man can't write a female well let's have that man not write any females so it can be good." Whch really makes no sense to me. It's about the world stage, if mutants are trying to present themselves as something different being another D club on the world stage doesn't do much. But that's just my opinion, no need for me to continue to beat a dead horse because at the end of the day "It's a man's world..." and i say that with all the ironic sadness a male can muster up. *shrugs*
    I mean I think the issue is that their isn't much of one. Female presence has been front and center since HoX/PoX started. So complaining about the one issue out of this entire DoX era where Hickman has a seemingly all male cast seems kind of...idk petty?

Also thinking about it, even if it's all male. Why wouldn't it make more sense to send one member from 3 of the councils or one member from each season of the quiet council so those members can have their own interpretation of those events from their respective fellow chair. Why send everyone from one council group...
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apocalypse: Let's speed this up. I have to meet the Queen of England in 3 hours.
    "Cable was right!"