Page 153 of 239 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    And, if it's Rebirth all over again, the big difference here is that it's Dan Didio who will be praised. Not Geoff Johns.
    Praised? Didio is the one who screwed up Wally in the first place. Johns actually gave us a great run for Wally and could have done more for the character if editorial and Didio didn't keep undoing everything what he did and messing up Wally just to keep Barry around longer.

Mighty Member

Prepare yourself for a new writer on Flash Forward :

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ndustry-again/
    I don't know. I mean, that behavior is disgusting, but I'm not sure a Bleeding Cool article is going to make DC take any action unless it gains more traction. It took them forever to deal with that Eddie editor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Williamson was pretty good with flash from 1-45. He gave Barry and Wally a happy ending when they both reconnected with Iris. It was that damn Flash War that messed his run up. Williamson really wanted to write Wally and looked for ways to put him in that book, once he was gone to HIC, the Flash run got sloppy
    Personally, I loved Flash War. I thought it was amazingly well done, but I see what you mean by how things have been more dour since then. My hope is that Year One is suppose to turn things around. Williamson has said the reason for it now is to remind Barry of his optimism.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

That is creepy and disgusting as hell!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Williamson was pretty good with flash from 1-45. He gave Barry and Wally a happy ending when they both reconnected with Iris. It was that damn Flash War that messed his run up. Williamson really wanted to write Wally and looked for ways to put him in that book, once he was gone to HIC, the Flash run got sloppy
    Yeah, Wally was originally supposed to appear in the Running Scared storyline. Williamson said that "The timing was off and it didn't work out"

How does Lobdell still have a job? Oh, right... Harras...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I saw that too, but Lobdell seems to be invulnerable. These are not the first harassment claims laid against him as the article itself notes.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

He has the EiC of DC backing him up.

Astonishing Member

Nothing is going to come of it unless they have some video evidence or, like, the NYT runs a piece on him like they did with Berganza. That's what it took to get rid of "one of the boys" back then and that's what it would take now. Or Scott openly admitting his awful behavior as if it was good like EVS.

He's going nowhere and it's horrible and sad. Prepare to have Wally defined by a serial sexual abuser.

BANNED

Should we count this like a blessing in disguise. I mean it is a disgusting thing to happen, but if it gets him off Wally West...

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Nothing is going to come of it unless they have some video evidence or, like, the NYT runs a piece on him like they did with Berganza. That's what it took to get rid of "one of the boys" back then and that's what it would take now. Or Scott openly admitting his awful behavior as if it was good like EVS.

He's going nowhere and it's horrible and sad. Prepare to have Wally defined by a serial sexual abuser.
    What did EVS admit to? I have been out of the loop for a while.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    What did EVS admit to? I have been out of the loop for a while.
    Targeted harassment, mostly. (It's not like he could deny it). If I recall correctly, after he told a depressive person to kill themselves on either twitter or facebook a bunch of articles came to light about EVS and a bunch of his friends incessantly harassing one or more people to the point of causing some real damage in their real lives. At this point he apologized and laid low for a while, but when he resurfaced he was already running with the ComicsGate crowd and became sort of a pariah in the industry.

I don't believe any of things against him were sexual in nature, though.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Here's your summary :

- When asked if we have to read HiC before Flash Forward #1, he smiles and says you can totally skip Heroes in Crisis if you want to.
    - Wally's personnal journey is connected to other threads of the DCU, so his adventure will merge with some others.
    - Wally will become really important.

Aaaaaaand that's all.

I don't know what's going on but this is really weird. I'm glad, I want to give them a chance but, still, it's weird.
    Thank you.

The only thing I can think of this is that since DoomsDay Clock is already semi-officialy sabotaged, they'll use Wally to "fix" the mess of a continuity they have right now and move him oput of the Flash identity (or outright "kill" him) in the process.

Not optimistic about it, but let's see.

Worse, I don't know if this Lobdell thing will gain traction, but if does i don't think they are able time-wise to remove him, so this book may end up dead on arrival due to an unrelated controversy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Here's your summary :

- When asked if we have to read HiC before Flash Forward #1, he smiles and says you can totally skip Heroes in Crisis if you want to.
    - Wally's personnal journey is connected to other threads of the DCU, so his adventure will merge with some others.
    - Wally will become really important.

Aaaaaaand that's all.

I don't know what's going on but this is really weird. I'm glad, I want to give them a chance but, still, it's weird.
    Between that, the solicitation copy, and Tempus Fuginaut on the Flash Forward #1 cover, everything seems to be pointing to Wally being infected by the Dark Multiverse, tying in with the Batman Who Laughs/Secret Six storyline.

Back in Flash #55 there was a scene where Barry saw a red blur, followed by an angry zombified version of Wally coming out of the bathroom mirror. At first Barry thought it was one of Mirror Master's tricks, then it vanished. This was after Flash War, but before the Heroes In Crisis tie-in. The story arc was about Heat Wave getting the Sage Force, but there was no follow-up to what Barry saw, no indication that it had anything to do with the Sage Force.

Williamson spoke a bit about Wally's current situation on the Word Balloon podcast: http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2019...nd-batman.html (from around 1:39:50)

"We plan this stuff out so far in advance, that it's tough sometimes. Like, there's stuff sometimes you can see, you're seeding things, you're planning things and you know what's coming. It's hard sometimes to tell a reader like, wait, y'know, and hope they can trust you and have faith, and I know sometimes that's really challenging."

"All I can say is that the story's not over."

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Ironic though since the Flash family has been destroyed and there can't even be another speedster around except for Barry. Even a long established one like Wally.
    You know this isn't true. Kid Flash is in Teen Titans, Impulse is in Young Justice, Wally West has a mini-series coming up, Jay Garrick has appeared in Doomsday Clock and will be appearing in an upcoming Justice League story. In terms of villains, there are ongoing sub-plots with Godspeed and Hunter Zolomon in Flash, and an evil (Earth-3?) counterpart of Impulse will be in Young Justice.

Complaining about things that aren't true just drowns out and undermines all legitimate complaints and criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Thank you.

The only thing I can think of this is that since DoomsDay Clock is already semi-officialy sabotaged, they'll use Wally to "fix" the mess of a continuity they have right now and move him oput of the Flash identity (or outright "kill" him) in the process.

Not optimistic about it, but let's see.

Worse, I don't know if this Lobdell thing will gain traction, but if does i don't think they are able time-wise to remove him, so this book may end up dead on arrival due to an unrelated controversy.
    Maybe they can have Rebirth/HiC-Wally somehow cross paths with Covergence-Wally and merge the two together?
    (Just like what happened with the Superman(s) and Lois(es)?)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Between that, the solicitation copy, and Tempus Fuginaut on the Flash Forward #1 cover, everything seems to be pointing to Wally being infected by the Dark Multiverse, tying in with the Batman Who Laughs/Secret Six storyline.

Back in Flash #55 there was a scene where Barry saw a red blur, followed by an angry zombified version of Wally coming out of the bathroom mirror. At first Barry thought it was one of Mirror Master's tricks, then it vanished. This was after Flash War, but before the Heroes In Crisis tie-in. The story arc was about Heat Wave getting the Sage Force, but there was no follow-up to what Barry saw, no indication that it had anything to do with the Sage Force.

Williamson spoke a bit about Wally's current situation on the Word Balloon podcast: http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/2019...nd-batman.html (from around 1:39:50)

"We plan this stuff out so far in advance, that it's tough sometimes. Like, there's stuff sometimes you can see, you're seeding things, you're planning things and you know what's coming. It's hard sometimes to tell a reader like, wait, y'know, and hope they can trust you and have faith, and I know sometimes that's really challenging."

"All I can say is that the story's not over."

You know this isn't true. Kid Flash is in Teen Titans, Impulse is in Young Justice, Wally West has a mini-series coming up, Jay Garrick has appeared in Doomsday Clock and will be appearing in an upcoming Justice League story. In terms of villains, there are ongoing sub-plots with Godspeed and Hunter Zolomon in Flash, and an evil (Earth-3?) counterpart of Impulse will be in Young Justice.

Complaining about things that aren't true just drowns out and undermines all legitimate complaints and criticisms.
    Thank you for this quote. Let’s hope Williamson is right !