Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default So...if the Sony partnership is off how long until Spidey has an "accident"

https://www.cbr.com/sony-kills-spide...l-with-marvel/ Of course doesn't Sony have the film rights to the other Spider-characters?
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-20-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spell check changed "Sony" to "Sonnet" for some reason
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

If you mean will Spider-Man get Perlmutter'd the way X-Men did?

Not a chance. Not gonna happen. The Fox deal with X-Men was different from the deal with Sony. And Spider-Man's merchandise of which Marvel owns rights is way bigger than X-Men.

And in any case, X-Men went from the center of the Marvel Universe to the margins. Spider-Man has always been a largely solo hero who was a junior figure in the Avengers and other teams. So it's not the same situation.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If you mean will Spider-Man get Perlmutter'd the way X-Men did?

Not a chance. Not gonna happen. The Fox deal with X-Men was different from the deal with Sony. And Spider-Man's merchandise of which Marvel owns rights is way bigger than X-Men.

And in any case, X-Men went from the center of the Marvel Universe to the margins. Spider-Man has always been a largely solo hero who was a junior figure in the Avengers and other teams. So it's not the same situation.
    At least X-Men was still being published. Fantastic Four was outright canceled after Secret Wars (2015) and wasn't relaunched until Fresh Start.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I love that when the FF was gone people were swearing up and down that was not the reason the FF was gone. Then when the FF came back everyone did a 180 and admitted that was indeed the reason they were canned. Sony should just do the deal, Disney needs the money. You can only cook the books for so long https://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...ars-2019-08-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least X-Men was still being published. Fantastic Four was outright canceled after Secret Wars (2015) and wasn't relaunched until Fresh Start.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

accident? Nothing's going to happen to Spider-Man
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

I have a feeling that Sony will lose some money with Morbius-because why is that movie being made at all?-and then the next Spiderman will bomb critically. Give it a few years and Sony will be begging Disney for help.

If the deal is dead the one upside to this is that we no longer have to put up with Spidey's hero worship of Iron Man. It was the most grating aspect of the character

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I have a feeling that Sony will lose some money with Morbius-because why is that movie being made at all?
    Because Venom worked.

If Morbius is made on a low-budget and released carefully, it could succeed.

-and then the next Spiderman will bomb critically.
    ITSV which was a non-MCU movie was seen as far better as the MCU stuff and you know walked home with an Oscar.

And after all, the most critically respected Spider-Man films, the first two Raimi films were made well before Disney bought Marvel. And the success of those films are what revived interest in Marvel's properties allowing them to attract capital investors to get the MCU running.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    accident? Nothing's going to happen to Spider-Man
    But...what of Venom?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    But...what of Venom?!
    Currently being published by Donny Cates in a top-selling series and whose big event Absolute Carnage has the whole town talking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Because Venom worked.

If Morbius is made on a low-budget and released carefully, it could succeed.

ITSV which was a non-MCU movie was seen as far better as the MCU stuff and you know walked home with an Oscar.

And after all, the most critically respected Spider-Man films, the first two Raimi films were made well before Disney bought Marvel. And the success of those films are what revived interest in Marvel's properties allowing them to attract capital investors to get the MCU running.
    The issue is that I still don't trust Sony.

I remember Emoji Movie.

On a serious note, yeah, sure, there's a good chance that they can do a good job, but I have my doubts.

Also, that Morbius movie looks awful. Jared Leto doesn't look ugly enough!

Into the Spider-Verse was fire as long as they keep doing that.

I don't know why people liked Venom. That was not a well-made film, but it was low budget and made money more than enough to warrant a sequel.

I guess we will never see Morbius, Spider-Man and Blade in a film together. Oh well......so I'm probably not gonna see Morbius unless they make it a Spider-Man film
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse was fire as long as they keep doing that.

I don't know why people liked Venom. That was not a well-made film, but it was low budget and made money more than enough to warrant a sequel.

I guess we will never see Morbius, Spider-Man and Blade in a film together. Oh well......so I'm probably not gonna see Morbius unless they make it a Spider-Man film
    I have such a weird feeling about Venom. It really isn't a good movie, and yet...it isn't bad. All of the actors did their best, Tom Hardy was having a damn good time, the effects were lovely, Venom acted like I thought Venom should, and all in all, it was just sort of a silly movie. But it just felt like a sort of time-capsule from 2002. Just a bunch of old tropes and ideas-the bizarre soundtrack-that you wouldn't think anyone would seriously put in any modern movie made today. Plus the story was weak, the character motivations were bizarre, and it was just a...well, it was a weird movie.

Spectacular Member

Of the five Spider-Man movies before the deal, only two were any good. If anything Spider-Verse and Venom were only successes because they were linked with Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    Of the five Spider-Man movies before the deal, only two were any good. If anything Spider-Verse and Venom were only successes because they were linked with Marvel.
    Spider-Verse was good because it was made by a team of competent professionals who were seemingly given a lot of creative leeway. Venom was a success because of the property is just that engaging.