Page 123 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Can't say agree. This team and this book have been nothing but awful. Glad the sales reflect that.
    The books are awful because they regress Damian's character development (with prison and brainwashing), make Emiko OOC, and the team doesn't act buddy buddy with each other, unlike Dick or Tim's Teen Titan. I can see why Teen Titan's fans dislike the current team. If you ever read my previous post, you know that I have no problem with his prison and brainwashing method. Perhaps because I am huge marvel fans before I met Damian (still is actually) and marvel has so many popular antihero (Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier) and even the big three of marvel don't exactly have no killing rule (cap is practically WW2 soldier, iron man killed bunch of people on mandarin event, and thor is bloody(pun intended) warrior of asgard). That's why I can't completely relate to DC universe with their strict 'no killing rule', 'no mistreated villain rule', 'all villain can be rehabilitated plot'. So if some fans think that the prison and brainwashing are minus point of this book, we already aren't on the same mindset. I feel sorry for Emiko's fans though, I've read Green Arrow during quarantine, Green Arrow's Emiko and Glass's Emiko is completely different characters.

And for the team, I like their chaotic dynamic. Sure they're ******* with each other and to each other, but honestly all of them are bunch of assholes. Even Damian. And they all are unafraid to call for each other assholeness. Just compare them to Damian's old Teen Titans team. The old Teen Titans team belittle Damian because he fired KF, who was completely at fault for Deathstroke's time stream mess. The current Teen Titans belittle Damian because he build a secret prison, full of dangerous villain, underneath their HQ, endangered them in process. They never restrain themselves from directly voicing their complain and problem to Damian, and to each other. Emiko confronted Djinn because Djinn was being uncooperative for the team, Djinn confronted Emiko because she violated Djinn's privacy, Crush confronted Damian because she didn't like that Damian broke Djinn's trust, and Kid Flash doesn't want to blindly follow Damian and repeatedly says that if Damian want his team in something, he's responsible to bring them out. Even Roundhose who looks like the silly Beast Boy of the team, had a backbone to betray the team because his sister was died from Damian's act, something he's completely justifiable to angry for. At first, they look like they always fight each other, but the ultimate way to build friendship is to be honest and vocal with each other. Like Damian and Jon did during their run in Supersons, the difference is Damian's teammate don't meet watered-down Supersons Damian, and Damian doesn't meet nice kind-hearted naive kid Jon. It can't be helped if their runs have and will have many bumpy roads.

But for me it's still better, compared to Starfire's passiveness even though she's the oldest, Beast Boy who never confront Damian face to face and prefer ridiculous act like using Damian's toothbrush to clean toilets, Aqualad's meekness (he's new member so understandable), and Raven I-don't-really-understand-why-I-am-here-and what's-my-purpose-on-this-team, the current team sounds like a better challenge to Damian. With good writer (not Glass), I can see them will fight with each other and for each other, face their problem head-on, and become a true team, even though not as buddy buddy as Dick's team or Tim's team. I hope Thompson can give me that, TT#44 solicitation already make me interested for the current situation of the team. But still, I know better to expect anything from DC, so my hope isn't really high.

That's only my opinion though. Everyone can have their own opinion, so if you're disagree with me, I understand.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-16-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Happy to see that JLW is doing very well both financially and critically.

It's got a 100% fresh critics score and a 92% audience rating
    Imbd score of 9.2 out of 10

Damian's story arc in the movie being often mentioned as one of the highlights of the movie even for those reviewers who didn't vibe with the craziness.
    Damian and Dick's arc and Damian and Raven's emotional plots in particular

it's also America's 4th most pre-ordered Blu ray

The DCAMU and Damian in general get a lot of unwarranted flak [mostly salt imo] so it's refreshing to see them both go out on a very high note.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/top.php?show=preorders

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The books are awful because they regress Damian's character development (with prison and brainwashing), make Emiko OOC, and they doesn't act buddy buddy with each other, unlike Dick or Tim's Teen Titan. I can see why Teen Titan's fans dislike the current team. If you ever read my previous post, you know that I have no problem with his prison and brainwashing method. Perhaps because I am huge marvel fans before I met Damian (still is actually) and marvel has so many popular antihero (Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier) and even the big three of marvel don't exactly has no killing rule (cap is practically WW2 soldier, iron man killed bunch of people on mandarin event, and thor is bloody(pun intended) warrior of asgard). That's why I can't completely relate to DC universe with their strict 'no killing rule', 'no mistreated villain rule', 'all villain can be rehabilitated'. So if some fans thought that the prison and brainwashing is minus point of this book, we already aren't on the same mindset. I feel sorry for Emiko's fans though, I've read Green Arrow during quarantine, Green Arrow's Emiko and Glass's Emiko is completely different characters.

And for the team, I like their chaotic dynamic. Sure they're ******* with each other and to each other, but honestly all of them are bunch of assholes. Even Damian. And they all are unafraid to call for each other assholeness. Just compare them to Damian's old Teen Titans team. The old Teen Titans team belittle Damian because he fired KF, who completely at fault for Deathstroke's time stream mess. The current Teen Titans belittle Damian because he build a secret prison, full of dangerous villain, underneath their HQ, endangered them in process. Even Roundhose who looks like the silly Beast Boy of the team, had a backbone to betray the team because his sister was died from Damian's act, something he completely justifiable to angry for. Compared to Starfire's passiveness even though she's the oldest, Beast Boy who never confront Damian face to face and prefer ridiculous act like using Damian's toothbrush to clean toilets, Aqualad's meekness (he's new member so understandable), and Raven I-don't-really-understand-why-I-am-here-and what's-my-purpose-on-this-team, the current team sounds like a better challenge to Damian. With good writer (not Glass), I can see them will fight with each other and for each other, face their problem head-on, and become a true team, even though not as buddy buddy as Dick's team or Tim's team. I hope Thompson can give me that, TT#44 solicitation already make me interested of the current situation of the team. But still, I know better to expect anything from DC, so my hope isn't really high.
    That was so childish and petty.

Hey, guys! This is the first time I'm commenting in here, although I'm always following the thread.

So, what do you guys think will happen after Teen Titans annual 2? I'm very worried and sad about Bruce and Damian fighting I just wish we could go back to that brief period in which they were getting along and keep the development moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Hey, guys! This is the first time I'm commenting in here, although I'm always following the thread.

So, what do you guys think will happen after Teen Titans annual 2? I'm very worried and sad about Bruce and Damian fighting I just wish we could go back to that brief period in which they were getting along and keep the development moving forward.
    Welcome to the thread! It's so nice to see new member on this thread, even though looking from join date, you are my senior on CBR community ;D. What happened after annual 2? I don't know, but in my opinion, Damian will not lose his robin mantle, even though the cover implied otherwise (besides cover often give us wrong informations). Why? Because Thompson just entered Teen Titans, and I don't think he will disband the team after he writes only one arc. Yes, if Damian stops being Robin (or hero for that matter), that means Teen Titans will be disbanded, just like Titans was disbanded when Dick became Ric. But there's also possibility that he will pull a Tim Drake and made his own superhero title (It will be SO hilarious if Damian's new superhero title is WAYNE, perfect revenge to annoy Bruce XD XD. I'm joking that will be ridiculous, just like Tim's new superhero title who was named after "the most dangerous bird in the world").

Bruce and Damian getting along on Tomasi's Batman and Robin, Tomasi's Supersons, Tomasi's Tec...... And upcoming Tec issues will be written by Tomasi. So we can hope. Or not. Because there's the DAMNED Joker, and I think Bruce will be busy to take care of Jason who literally died by Joker, Babs who was crippled by Joker, and Dick who got his head messed by Joker.
    You know what, considering the situation, I prefer that Damian stay the f**k away from Joker War event.
    There's a good analysis from @yicruz48 about your question, I suggest you to read it
    https://yicruz48.tumblr.com/post/618...appen-when-the
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-16-2020 at 08:25 AM.

I k ow I'm an outlier here, but with the way things are currently in the Bat-corner, it'd rather have Damian leave the Robin mantle away and forge his own. Batman Beyond Damian is probably the best ever (both in design and character) and I would love very luch to see him starting to move toward becoming a new Ra's al'Ghul, only one less demented than his grand-father.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

DC/ Marvel Crossover Art
    Limited Edition
    Damian Wayne and Iron Man in Daddy Issues

https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarvelDC...=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/vascogeorgiev

Reasons why this pairing was selected for the crossover;

Attention everyone! New DC/Marvel Crossover!
    Who do we have today?
    IRONMAN & ROBIN

That’s right, this time it’s a classic kid+mentor team-up!
    I’ll explain why I think these two would be great in a comic together in the thread below.

So, bear with me
    What do Tony Stark and Damian Wayne have in common?
    Some serious daddy issues!
    Tony: “Boo-hoo, you had to grow up in the shadow of your rich and insanely successful father! I know the feeling kid! I can teach you a thing or two!”

Oh and the under-the-belt quips! They’d be INSANELY funny! Sooooo much potential for fun! But also, I can totally see Tony and Damian learning a lot from this experience. Tony will be reminded of his younger self. Damian will discover new values to aspire to.

This works amazing ! to see how Tony deals with Damian's stubborn nature and what modifications Ra's Al Ghuls grandson would have to the Iron Man suit. Does this mean Batman babysits MCU Spiderman in the meantime?
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-16-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post

Welcome.

I'm also nervous and can't predict what's going to happen. I hope it means that Bruce and Damian have an indepth and honest talk leading to change.
    Damian's intentions were good but he made the wring choice and needs to face the consequences.
    Damian as Robin is the most widely recognised after Dick not just because his look is so unique but also exposure and notoriety.
    I'd like to think that DC is too highly invested to change that. Also the fact that they went with his Robin in the Harley Quinn show suggests that their was never any official plans to change who officially is Robin.

Regardless of what DC higher up's want WB and AT&T have the power to veto and they did last time DC wanted to change Robin. Their decision is even more significant right now since they have decided to get more involved with how DC comics is run [Didio was sacked due to mismanagement]

However there is still a large portion of comic fans who want Tim back as Robin and Bendis did say that Tim's name change is due to change and something about the lazy botched way his costume and Name was handled makes it feel like temp status. Place holder while until an idle or planned position is vacated. I just don't believe that Drake and that suit was seriously the direction Bendis/DC thought was a suitable identity and look for a character as established as Tim Drake.

I don't have high hopes for DC focusing that much on Bruce as a father or Batman working with Robin. DC has been working so hard to make Robin a solo hero and looking back the dynamic duo Batman and Robin hasn't really been a duo for decades. Morrison brought the duo back with Reborn but up till then Robin has just popped up occasionally in the Batman books. That is not about to change.

DC and writers like a solo Batman as do the majority of Batman fans a different fanbase to the Batfamily fanbase. Batman fans are the life blood of DC comics so their needs will be paramount.

I just hope that we get adequate focus and resolution leading to positive development. An attempt at identifying the issues and hashing things that doesn't just throw Damian under the bus. Vilifying him and further enforcing the bias that already taken root in fandom.

Not holding out hope though since Glass is co writing and this is his story.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 05-16-2020 at 10:44 AM.

I miss and appreciate Tomasi's run

I will always treasure this run.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    DC/ Marvel Crossover Art
    Limited Edition
    Damian Wayne and Iron Man in Daddy Issues

https://twitter.com/hashtag/MarvelDC...=hashtag_click

https://twitter.com/vascogeorgiev

Reasons why this pairing was selected for the crossover;

Attention everyone! New DC/Marvel Crossover!
    Who do we have today?
    IRONMAN & ROBIN

That’s right, this time it’s a classic kid+mentor team-up!
    I’ll explain why I think these two would be great in a comic together in the thread below.

So, bear with me
    What do Tony Stark and Damian Wayne have in common?
    Some serious daddy issues!
    Tony: “Boo-hoo, you had to grow up in the shadow of your rich and insanely successful father! I know the feeling kid! I can teach you a thing or two!”

Oh and the under-the-belt quips! They’d be INSANELY funny! Sooooo much potential for fun! But also, I can totally see Tony and Damian learning a lot from this experience. Tony will be reminded of his younger self. Damian will discover new values to aspire to.

This works amazing ! to see how Tony deals with Damian's stubborn nature and what modifications Ra's Al Ghuls grandson would have to the Iron Man suit. Does this mean Batman babysits MCU Spiderman in the meantime?
    My man on Marvel with my boy on DC? I'm in!

Edit: sad that it's just an illustration art and not an official comic. Great art nonetheless. Every artist who draw happy Damian are great in my book.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-16-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I k ow I'm an outlier here, but with the way things are currently in the Bat-corner, it'd rather have Damian leave the Robin mantle away and forge his own. Batman Beyond Damian is probably the best ever (both in design and character) and I would love very luch to see him starting to move toward becoming a new Ra's al'Ghul, only one less demented than his grand-father.
    I don't want that, considering that I think that it's more likely they would turn Damian into an outright evil character. Just look at what they did to both Talia and Ra's. They used to have depht. Nowadays there are often just used as maniacs who have no clear rules and only act like the plot needs them to.
    I don't believe theres anything good awaiting Damian away from the bat. Can't have the son outshine DC's cashcow.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The books are awful because they regress Damian's character development (with prison and brainwashing), make Emiko OOC, and the team doesn't act buddy buddy with each other, unlike Dick or Tim's Teen Titan. I can see why Teen Titan's fans dislike the current team. If you ever read my previous post, you know that I have no problem with his prison and brainwashing method. Perhaps because I am huge marvel fans before I met Damian (still is actually) and marvel has so many popular antihero (Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier) and even the big three of marvel don't exactly have no killing rule (cap is practically WW2 soldier, iron man killed bunch of people on mandarin event, and thor is bloody(pun intended) warrior of asgard). That's why I can't completely relate to DC universe with their strict 'no killing rule', 'no mistreated villain rule', 'all villain can be rehabilitated plot'. So if some fans think that the prison and brainwashing are minus point of this book, we already aren't on the same mindset. I feel sorry for Emiko's fans though, I've read Green Arrow during quarantine, Green Arrow's Emiko and Glass's Emiko is completely different characters.

And for the team, I like their chaotic dynamic. Sure they're ******* with each other and to each other, but honestly all of them are bunch of assholes. Even Damian. And they all are unafraid to call for each other assholeness. Just compare them to Damian's old Teen Titans team. The old Teen Titans team belittle Damian because he fired KF, who was completely at fault for Deathstroke's time stream mess. The current Teen Titans belittle Damian because he build a secret prison, full of dangerous villain, underneath their HQ, endangered them in process. They never restrain themselves from directly voicing their complain and problem to Damian, and to each other. Emiko confronted Djinn because Djinn was being uncooperative for the team, Djinn confronted Emiko because she violated Djinn's privacy, Crush confronted Damian because she didn't like that Damian broke Djinn's trust, and Kid Flash doesn't want to blindly follow Damian and repeatedly says that if Damian want his team in something, he's responsible to bring them out. Even Roundhose who looks like the silly Beast Boy of the team, had a backbone to betray the team because his sister was died from Damian's act, something he's completely justifiable to angry for. At first, they look like they always fight each other, but the ultimate way to build friendship is to be honest and vocal with each other. Like Damian and Jon did during their run in Supersons, the difference is Damian's teammate don't meet watered-down Supersons Damian, and Damian doesn't meet nice kind-hearted naive kid Jon. It can't be helped if their runs have and will have many bumpy roads.

But for me it's still better, compared to Starfire's passiveness even though she's the oldest, Beast Boy who never confront Damian face to face and prefer ridiculous act like using Damian's toothbrush to clean toilets, Aqualad's meekness (he's new member so understandable), and Raven I-don't-really-understand-why-I-am-here-and what's-my-purpose-on-this-team, the current team sounds like a better challenge to Damian. With good writer (not Glass), I can see them will fight with each other and for each other, face their problem head-on, and become a true team, even though not as buddy buddy as Dick's team or Tim's team. I hope Thompson can give me that, TT#44 solicitation already make me interested for the current situation of the team. But still, I know better to expect anything from DC, so my hope isn't really high.

That's only my opinion though. Everyone can have their own opinion, so if you're disagree with me, I understand.
    I never said I liked the previous run, I'm a Damian fan not a Teen Titans fan.
    As a Damian fan I think this whole direction for Damian is ridiculous.
    No Justice had no connection to Damian personally and the Justice League failing had nothing to do with prisoners breaking out all the time, they were facing aliens not Batman villains.
    Throwing a family in the story that we've never seen before and never hear about again to make Damian snap is also pretty weak explanation for me.
    Other characters get entire arcs to get characters to snap, but Glass didn't do that.
    Damian going back to believing people shouldn't get the chance to change out of their own volition and are even unable to change which is why you need to lock them up permanently or need to brainwash them is also dumb when you consider what he learned in Robin: Son of Batman and by his own logic Damian should be locked up or brainwashed himself.
    By going back to this mindset Damian only comes off as a hypocrite.

If we're talking about the team, the gaybaiting with Crush and Djinn is strong, Glass reminding us of Damian's arab heritage but also immediatly presenting him as a psycho and giving him a suicide vest in his fight with Jason is pretty racist in my opinion, Emiko shouldn't be a female Damian and overall this team seems to go nowhere.

As for them becoming a true team, considering that we are over 20 issues in, they failed to rescue Djinn two times and are about to fail a third time from the looks of it and because I suspect the annual got moved to take place after 44 and not after 41 to end the book at 45, considering the bad sales numbers and the amount of other titles wrapping up around the same time, I highly doubt there will be enough time to see this team actually be a team and not a group of dysfunctional people that barely have a reason to still talk with each other.