Page 485 of 808 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 12112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They could maybe get away with it if it was simply heavily implied. Or they could maybe make her alcoholic/drug addict or something like that.
    Except her healing factor SHOULD prevent her from developing that sort of dependence.

However uncomfortable it is, the prostitute angle works because of how it fits into the cycle of domination and abuse that defined her early life. She's abused, controlled, and maltreated by the Facility, leading her to a state where she's unable to recognize she has agency, or even a sense of self. She succumbs to Zebra Daddy because he preys on and utilizes that exact lack of agency to gain control over his victims.

I have given up all comics other then All-New Wolverine, but decided to start picking up the Injustice 2 comics. I enjoyed the Injustice Gods Among Us series and never paid attention to the writer until the latest issues. As much as I enjoy Taylor's handling of Laura, he seems to thrive with the Injustice universe. His portrayal of Harley,Black Canary and Green Arrow is awesome.

I'm in the same boat honestly. I'm not reading any Marvel except ANW and Hawkeye right now. None of the team books feel very appealing to me. I tell myself to at least give Blue a chance but nah.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Can't wait to read the Generations tie-in for Laura. As others already pointed out, this is probably going to be one of the more important one-shots because of the reason that Laura is Wolverine to begin with. Taylor said that this is going to strengthen her resolve, but if the rumor is true that 616!Logan is returning in "Legacy" then that could lead to an interesting tenure for Laura.
    Agreed. I'm really looking forward to Generations as well. Logan never got to talk to Laura about the future. He never really talked to anyone about having a legacy or wanting to pass it on. But I always thought Laura brought out the best in Logan whenever she was around him. She revealed a side to him that was genuine. The Logan movie highlighted that as well. When Laura brings out the father figure in him, it makes for the best drama for both characters. Throughout All-New Wolverine, Laura doesn't refer to herself as Logan's clone, just as she doesn't really refer to Gabby as her clone. She sees Logan as her father and Gabby as her sister. That family element is one of the best parts of the series. I would argue it helps make All-New Wolverine one of the best comics on the racks right now. If Generations can capture that family element, then it will be worth every penny, and then some. Taylor has already done a masterful job with those elements in the series. I hope he can do that in Generations as well.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

August Solicits

GENERATIONS: WOLVERINE & ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #1
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
    Cover by Jorge Molina
    Variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER C BY ALEX ROSS
    Variant cover by TBA
    THE TEAM-UP YOU’VE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR!
    • The death of WOLVERINE shook the Marvel Universe… And the ascension of the ALL-NEW WOLVERINE reimagined what a healing factor and some Adamantium claws can do!
    • But the amazing combination of LOGAN and LAURA is the duo you’ve been waiting for! Tom Taylor, the mind behind ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, brings you Generations…a double-Wolverine team-up for the ages!
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #23
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • LEONARD KIRK (A)
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    WOLVERINE VERSUS BROOD…SO MANY BROOD!
    • With hundreds of BROOD coming at them and no end in sight, is this the final chapter in WOLVERINE’s story?
    • Will the combined might of the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY be any help at all?
    • Will we see a FASTBALL SPECIAL involving DRAX and Wolverine? I sure hope so!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

BANNED

Kinda disappointed ANW #23 wasn't a bonus-sized issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There's still hope for 29 to be somthing special. That would be the 50th total issue of both solo series. But look at the bright side will get to see her cut loose aganist the brood and see her and logan together again (with no chance of him comming back we have enough wolverines and old man logan is slowly appearing in every marvel book.) It shouldbe a good month for her.
    Also hoping to see daken make some commonts of laura becoming wolverine in ice man. That would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Agreed. At the very least, it could have been a bonus-sized issue that included the Jonathan story he hoped to put into the annual. Either that or a backup scene with Laura, Megan and Debbie that we missed out on in Enemy of the State II.

That said, I'm totally up for Laura and Gabby vs the Brood.

Spectacular Member

you know ever since marvel started the whole secret empire story-line i have been thinking how it would end and i came up with a theory that i think would work. first off i personally feel like Marvel won't kill Cap when this is over and simple change his perception of history back to normal and Steve will be horrified with what he did and believe he should be punished. yet while he is in jail Laura sneaks in and talks to Cap to show that this is not his fault and that of the red Skull. essentially they would be doing a reverse of the talk Steve, Matt, and Laura had in Target X. i know the odds of this happening is one in a million but it just feels right to me for Laura to be the one to help Steve see that he was used like she was and that everything that happened wasn't his fault and to move on from this event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    you know ever since marvel started the whole secret empire story-line i have been thinking how it would end and i came up with a theory that i think would work. first off i personally feel like Marvel won't kill Cap when this is over and simple change his perception of history back to normal and Steve will be horrified with what he did and believe he should be punished. yet while he is in jail Laura sneaks in and talks to Cap to show that this is not his fault and that of the red Skull. essentially they would be doing a reverse of the talk Steve, Matt, and Laura had in Target X. i know the odds of this happening is one in a million but it just feels right to me for Laura to be the one to help Steve see that he was used like she was and that everything that happened wasn't his fault and to move on from this event.
    I've been curious what Laura's response to the whole mess is going to be from the moment Spencer dropped the first "Hail Hydra." Cap is supposed to be THE hero all other heroes look up to, and I want to know how she will react to learning about his corruption and fall from grace. Would she support him when Kobik's alterations are put right? Or, given their already rocky history, would she be even more disillusioned with him than she already is?

Well, it's Cap's fault that Logan stabbed Gabby... but that actually worked out for the best in the end, because it activated her healing factor. So maybe Laura will forgive him.

BANNED

Add Hugh Jackman to the list of voices cheerleading for an X-23 spinoff film.

They should drop Gambit from the 2018 production slate and use X-23 instead. Maybe even take the approach of introducing Remy in that film FIRST, letting Tatum establish himself in the role, while playing on the big brother sort of relationship he has with Laura in the books. Then they could use that to finally get the Gambit solo moving.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 05-24-2017 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

I never thought this would happen but all new wolverine marvel 101. They were very light on her origin for obvious reasons.

https://youtu.be/dpCyC6pc4W8

Thoughts

Also in light of a new runaways comic i demand gabby and molly to team up
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-24-2017 at 02:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Also in light of a new runaways comic i demand gabby and molly to team up
    Seriously, this NEEDS to be a thing.