Page 165 of 267 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    For Jason, I was imagining something along the lines of that part in Good Will Hunting where he keeps saying “it’s not your fault”. Steph I would make Robin for at least 3 issues so she has a total of ~one year~ as Robin. It’s some BS that she didn’t even get that far before being fridged.

I don’t think it’s a controversial opinion, but I hate the name Red Robin. I would prefer to go with the rumor that Tim was supposed to become the new Blue Beetle.
    But Jaime is lovely. Unless, we're letting them shift turns.

What about Redstart? I think it's a cool name, bird themed, red themed, fits his costume... It's a european bird, but still.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    But Jaime is lovely. Unless, we're letting them shift turns.

What about Redstart? I think it's a cool name, bird themed, red themed, fits his costume... It's a european bird, but still.
    It’s better. Very dumb of me but I don’t want too much of the same color. So like Red [XYZ] and Red Hood seems redundant. Granted Nightwing is usually black and blue or black and red, either of which would clash with Blue Beetle / Red Hood. Could either give him a teal birdie on his costume or bring back Discowing (as in my avatar).

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Bruce was distraught over Jason, even after Lonely Place of Dying where Tim was introduced. There is that scene in Knightfall where Batman starts mercilessly beating Joker in the sewers while screaming Jason’s name.

Tim is the person who convinces Bruce not to blame himself for Jason’s death, but even still the pain lingers.
    Random thought but having Jason’s death be the traumatic flashback for Bruce instead of another “Wayne’s die in the alley” remake would be pretty cool to use in the next movie.

Has Batman ever been hunted down by Gotham? Heck can he even be charged with anything? Maybe child endagmeent. The only other thing maybe would be terroist depending on the Villian.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Has Batman ever been hunted down by Gotham? Heck can he even be charged with anything? Maybe child endagmeent. The only other thing maybe would be terroist depending on the Villian.
    Vigilantism.-
    law enforcement undertaken without legal authority by a self-appointed group of people.

In the real word, Batman would have a manhunt out for him, including but not limited to;
    assault
    battery
    breaking & entering
    tampering with a crime scene
    illegal hacking
    endangerment of minors

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Year One, Begins, Dark Knight, I think Doomsday Clock?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Year One, Begins, Dark Knight, I think Doomsday Clock?
    Adding Gotham Central, Earth One

BANNED

you should read the Bruce Wayne: Murderer / Fugitive storylines. the concept of Batman being hunted by the police has been done many times, this is where Bruce Wayne is the one they're after. one of my favorite Batman storylines ever

Does Bruce have the power to arrest people?

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Well, from a realistic point of view every citizen can arrest a criminal (and doing the private investigations), so the question is: does Batman respect the laws which regulate the private investigations and the arrests made by the citizens? It seems to me that in the past he did, but after Crisis in the Infinite Earths he became more and more disrespectful of those laws.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Well, from a realistic point of view every citizen can arrest a criminal (and doing the private investigations), so the question is: does Batman respect the laws which regulate the private investigations and the arrests made by the citizens? It seems to me that in the past he did, but after Crisis in the Infinite Earths he became more and more disrespectful of those laws.
    Err, no.

A citizen can only arrest someone if they see a crime in progress. So that covers the likes of Spider-Man, and Batman when he's on patrol.

A private citizen cannot involve himself in a police investigation (which Batman does). They cannot examine the crime scene (which Batman does). And if they know who the murderer is, they cannot arrest them, but must inform the police (which Batman does not).

I like Batman and all, but in the real world, most of the investigations he assists on would easily get tossed by a first year law grad

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, no.

A citizen can only arrest someone if they see a crime in progress. So that covers the likes of Spider-Man, and Batman when he's on patrol.
    Exactly what I have meant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A private citizen cannot involve himself in a police investigation (which Batman does). They cannot examine the crime scene (which Batman does). And if they know who the murderer is, they cannot arrest them, but must inform the police (which Batman does not).

I like Batman and all, but in the real world, most of the investigations he assists on would easily get tossed by a first year law grad
    My bad: I wanted say that a citizen can do some kind private investigations, if he is a private investigator, but I was too concise on my comment, so you are right to correct me. Anyway my point wanted to been: there is a boundary between write about a Batman who help the Police to find a criminal and write about a Batman who acts like he were above the law (doing things like steal proofs from the crime scene), a boundary that the writers have passed years ago and they should have never passed; at least in my humble opinion.

Extraordinary Member

When Stephanie was Batgirl, they should have mentioned her teen pregnancy, and giving the baby away more. Was it a mistake, sure, but it gives more layers to her.

Do most Stephanie fans even know about it?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-11-2020 at 01:06 PM.

It wasn’t relevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    My bad: I wanted say that a citizen can do some kind private investigations, if he is a private investigator, but I was too concise on my comment, so you are right to correct me. Anyway my point wanted to been: there is a boundary between write about a Batman who help the Police to find a criminal and write about a Batman who acts like he were above the law (doing things like steal proofs from the crime scene), a boundary that the writers have passed years ago and they should have never passed; at least in my humble opinion.
    Even then, though, Batman's actions are super illegal.

Even if he doesn't break into active crime scenes, he trespasses like it's a hobby. He commits assault and battery in every 3rd investigation and I don't recall him ever agreeing to testify in court.

From the very start, Batman's actions were/are 90% illegal. The modern Batman has always been acknowledged as an illegal vigilante, and the only reason that prior Batman's weren't, is because it didn't strain disbelief back then.