Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey, I'm with you. Especially in Rebirth, she absolutely rocks the biker look.

I kind of want Otto for a BoP book, possibly with Gail if we're ever so fortunate again. Kind of a lot. Definitely. Please make it happen, DC!
    Otto on BoP would be more than fine with me too. I mean, ultimately I don't really care what the guy does, just give him work and let him draw Dinah!

Simone though.....I dunno, I mean her first run is the stuff of legends, and rightfully so. But her second run, back during Brightest Day, was....less than it could've been. And her Batgirl disappointed me a lot too.

I love Simone, but I wouldn't want her to come back just for a walk down nostalgia lane, where everything is a shadow of the glory of her first run. If she's got something new to say, and she's hungry and passionate about the project then of course I'd welcome her back. I'd be foolish not to right? But if Simone is returning to the Birds, it needs to be more than just a paycheck, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Otto on BoP would be more than fine with me too. I mean, ultimately I don't really care what the guy does, just give him work and let him draw Dinah!

Simone though.....I dunno, I mean her first run is the stuff of legends, and rightfully so. But her second run, back during Brightest Day, was....less than it could've been. And her Batgirl disappointed me a lot too.

I love Simone, but I wouldn't want her to come back just for a walk down nostalgia lane, where everything is a shadow of the glory of her first run. If she's got something new to say, and she's hungry and passionate about the project then of course I'd welcome her back. I'd be foolish not to right? But if Simone is returning to the Birds, it needs to be more than just a paycheck, yknow?
    I don't think she would do it for just a paycheck at any rate.

I didn't love her Batgirl run but I think she had a better conceptualization of Babs as Batgirl after all the @#$% in her life then the writers who followed her until Mairghead Scott.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I think there was a lot of editorial influence on that book and she was trying to undo the damage done to Dinah at the time. Something about Cry For Justice as well. I think she'd still be able to write a great BoP if given some freedom.

I'm also willing to let someone else take over as long as they're not Azzarello.

CANARY 0.jpgCANARY 0.jpgHopefully Dinah can return to aL book soon.i miss seeing her in action.

Last edited by Agent Z; 06-19-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I take it that's Mockingbird on the right ?

Archer boys and their toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she would do it for just a paycheck at any rate.
    No, I'd think not. I think more highly of Simone than that, and she's certainly at the level where she can pick her own projects. But I also don't have any illusions about creators holding the....holistic....view of these books and characters like we fans sometimes do. It's a job and Simone has bills to pay too, y'know. But I don't think it's anything we'd have to worry about; if Simone ever returns to the BoP it'll be because she wants to, I'm sure.

I think there was a lot of editorial influence on that book and she was trying to undo the damage done to Dinah at the time.
    Sure. Early New52 was nothing *but* editorial BS from what I've heard. But regardless of reasons and excuses, the end product wasn't great.

Anyway, Simone's awesome, and there's damn few better when it comes to writing the Birds. I'm just saying, after the last time, I got a couple reservations. I'd want to see an interview where she talks about what she's doing before I'd pre-order the first issue.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Id really like to see the return of Dinah Laurel Lance to the DC unvierse, the one who is a legacy character, taking up the mantle from her mother. I know they practically merged the two into 1 but...Id rather they be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Id really like to see the return of Dinah Laurel Lance to the DC unvierse, the one who is a legacy character, taking up the mantle from her mother. I know they practically merged the two into 1 but...Id rather they be separate.
    With the JSA returning, this may very well happen.

Hey man, I'm with you. As much as I like rock star Dinah, something about the florist in Star City still holds a special place in my heart.

Man, finding out that her mother and Ted Knight had that affair really took me aback when I first read Starman.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm the reverse . "They" didn't merge the two to me - they split what was originally one character into two when they decided to retcon Black Canary into Black Canary's daughter (in a story that was kinda creepy, anyway) and make her a legacy. Changed up with COIE, of course. I am not fond of it at all, and think it was kicking the can down the road to make her the daughter of the original and you absolutely should not have a contemporary hero/heroine who's parent was active as a her in the 1940s. It's just going to cause more timeline problems. Dinah Drake Lance as the only Black Canary is definitely my preference.

Hey man, I'm with you. As much as I like rock star Dinah, something about the florist in Star City still holds a special place in my heart.
    I don't like rockstar Dinah. I do like the florist. The florist who married Larry Lance, was widowed, and fell in love again, this time with Oliver Queen. Who wasn't a cheating ******* back then.

I am kind of over the rockstar/singer thing as well (and am all for there being a Black Canary legacy again).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

another by Otto Schimdt
    Are they, uh... comparing shafts?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Are they, uh... comparing shafts?
    ...I can't believe I didn't notice that .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kind of over the rockstar/singer thing as well (and am all for there being a Black Canary legacy again).
    I can live with it, but yeah, I prefer the florist. If Zatanna can be a state magician, Dinah can sing. It's no worse.

I can live with it, but yeah, I prefer the florist. If Zatanna can be a state magician, Dinah can sing. It's no worse.
    Yeah, but the stage magician aesthetic is much more a part of Zatanna's character then singing is for Dinah (and I realize I am saying this about a character who's superpower is based around her voice).