Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Here we go:

... this is so WTF, I don't even know where to begin, with "holistic sanitary environment, divisive barbarism," or "organic architecture required for pregnancy."
    Let's start by how initially they're talking about a pregnant woman like you or I would if something was wrong with our TV or if someone had a weird boil or something.

This issue has a ton of problems, but that is creepy.

BANNED

Damn, how did we miss THIS?!

Inside AGE OF X-MAN's 'Horny Cop Gestapo' with X-TREMISTS - Newsarama
    ... X-tremists is not about reveling in erasure, it’s about doing justice to how violently relieved Bobby’s gonna feel when he finally wakes up in this alternate reality and the kind of ice-cold anger he’d have once he sees that not only did Nate Grey put him on the secret police, but imagined an armband on him. ...
    REALLY like the sounds of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    ... If issue #5 doesn’t include a multicoloured mushroom cloud I’ll be very disappointed.
    Don't worry, sounds like you may get your wish:

... Every issue of X-tremists brings pain and catharsis, increasingly, until we end with a bombastic, jubilant, grand finale.

Extraordinary Member

I don't want to offend anyone, but does anyone else think that Bobby's costume is just really, really gay? With the arm band and suspenders?

BANNED

More good stuff, from that Newsarama interview with Leah:

... everything and everyone’s roles in “Age of X-Man” were assigned to them by Nate Grey in curating his utopia, so while canonically it’s his fault for putting a gay French-Canadian anarchist on his horny cop gestapo; that’s conflict of interest is what's by design. I picked these team members because I saw them as the ones who we could really, really have a lot of fun with once they start f&@$ing s#%t up. ...

... Fred’s personality is different in "Age of X-Man" because this utopian society produces conditions that would change a lot about how he, specifically, interacts with the world - and they think they’ve been in "Age of X-Man" for three years. He’s a softer, kinder, Blob and Betsy is aloof, beautiful, and far-removed. She’s feeling emotionally adrift, and his warmth and openness is what draws her in. ...

... its larger themes are specifically about exploring why assimilation is not equality. Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler are the brilliant architects of this event (and writers of Marvelous X-Men, AoXM’s main title!) and they have purposefully created the perfect sandbox to explore questions of intersectionality within the mutant metaphor. Not only that, but they and the X-office editors deliberately recruited a roster of diverse creators to help flesh it out. “Age of X-Man” is action-packed catharsis. ...

... everyone has been amazingly helpful and excited about what we’re doing. We check in with each other, ask questions about what’s happening in each other’s books, ask permission to use a character from someone else’s team, etc, all to ensure that readers get a cohesive world-building experience across the books. We believe in what we’re doing.

Right now, as we’re passing the halfway mark in terms of scripts turned in for these miniseries, we’re looking around at each other like “…I don’t want this to end.” It feels like a sad, sweet, summer camp farewell. ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't want to offend anyone, but does anyone else think that Bobby's costume is just really, really gay? With the arm band and suspenders?
    Not in a bad way, as if there is such a thing. And not offensive, your question(s), just tactless.

Extraordinary Member

Not in a bad way, as if there is such a thing. And not offensive, your question(s), just tactless.
    I mean that it seems really stereotypical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I mean that it seems really stereotypical.
    Umm... Leah eXplains what the armband's supposed to represent, and it's not about bein' gay. As for the rest, IDK, perhaps you & Nate Grey... see things the same way? Just sayin'...

Umm... Leah eXplains what the armband's supposed to represent, and it's not about bein' gay. As for the rest, IDK, perhaps you & Nate Grey... see things the same way? Just sayin'...
    what's stereotypical about suspenders? lol

So Moneta reminds me of early days Damien Wayne.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Suspenders are a well-known tool of oppression.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This was not what i expected. I expected this to be more darker and gritty.However with some primetime jokers like Bobby and jubes on the team i guess i should not be surprised that it is not what i expected out of the firs issue. So their transportation is a Winnebago? Most seem to this take this as a job while Moneta seems to take her job very seriously. People not knowing about pregnancy and intimacy makes this AU really strange. I wonder will the pregnancy jog Jubilee memory about Shojo?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    what's stereotypical about suspenders? lol
    You're askin' the wrong person, I never said they were.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-27-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    So Moneta reminds me of early days Damien Wayne.
    At least Damian has a childlike innocence to him. It allowed him to be brash, angry, and shitty without making him seem like a horrible person. I think Leah wants Moneta to be irredeemable, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    ... I expected this to be more darker and gritty.However with some primetime jokers like Bobby and jubes on the team i guess i should not be surprised... So their transportation is a Winnebago? Most seem to this take this as a job...
    Per Leah:
    ... You’ll see Department X portrayed as villains in the other "Age of X-Man" books, and it’s because they are. What they’re doing is unconscionable. But they’re good people...
    ... contrasting to humanize them, is what she's aiming at here, I think. And as she goes on to mention, things will get increasingly conflicted.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-28-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    At least Damian has a childlike innocence to him. It allowed him to be brash, angry, and shitty without making him seem like a horrible person. I think Leah wants Moneta to be irredeemable, though.
    True.

She and I have talked about it on Social Media.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.