Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I must be missing something... 97% of this is recap of what happened. What "points" were made that stood out?
    I could be wrong but my take away from that write up was the discussion of depression and how Liu handled that topic within the narrative?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #58 Jul 1969
    "Mission: Murder!"
    Continued from last issue...

While watching a news story about Larry Trask, son of the late Sentinel inventor
    Bolivar Trask, Iceman and Beast are attacked by a new model Sentinel.
    As the news story plays on and Trask reveals that he has rebuilt and redesigned his father’s robots with new weapons
    and that they can be pre-programmed with orders or operated by a remote control helmet, Bobby and Hank fight their attacker.

While Bobby is captured by the Sentinel, Beast is forced to flee the scene when he realizes that he is outclassed against his Sentinel attacker.

While in Egypt, Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Angel take a break from their search for Scott's brother Alex to listen to answer a radio call from Hank.
    Hank explains to the group of Larry Trask and his Sentinels and Bobby's subsequent capture,
    but has to cut the transmission short to focus on avoiding capture himself.
    Warren defies Cyclops' orders and decides to fly back to the United States on his own to help his friends against the Sentinel menace.

While at the secret hideout of Larry Trask, Larry talks to Judge Robert Chalmers who expresses concerns about the "proof"
    Larry has provided that all mutants are a menace and to tell him that the public is not entirely sold on the idea.
    Larry agrees to let the press talk to the captured X-Man once he is rendered harmless.
    When Bobby arrives at the Sentinel base, Larry has him treated to a chemical steam bath that nullifies his ice powers for four hours.
    When Bobby attempts to attack Trask, a Sentinel stops him and Larry reveals that a hidden video camera had recorded the attempted attack
    which he intends to use as proof of the "mutant menace" that he is trying to sell and vows to get revenge on the X-Men for his father’s death.

Taken to a holding cell, Iceman finds both Lorna and Alex there. He learns from Alex that Trask had
    designed him a special suit to control and regulate his powers and given him the codename Havok.
    Alex then tells Bobby that he was given all this in return for making a deal with Trask
    so that Lorna would be left alone. However, Bobby brands Alex a coward before hearing this,
    and as he's being told a Sentinel enters the room and grabs Lorna. Realizing that Trask's
    word was meaningless he unleashes a powerful plasma blast that destroys the Sentinel.
    Entering the room with another Sentinel, Larry then uses a device that nullifies Alex's powers.
    This horrifies Alex as this will reawaken the mutant abilities of Professor Abdol allowing him to transform into the Living Monolith once more.

While in Egypt Ahmet Abdol is meeting with government officials about his altercation with the X-Men earlier when he suddenly feels his powers
    returning to him. However before he can completely transform into the Living Monolith once more, two Sentinels arrive on the scene and douse
    Abdol with a special adhesive that blocks him from the cosmic rays that feed his power, neutralizing his threat and allowing for an easy capture.

Trask sends out an army of Sentinels to capture all of the remaining mutants in the world and a pair captures Angel with ease.
    This capture is watched through the horrified eyes of Scott and Jean who witness this
    capture while looking out the window of the airplane they are using to fly back to the States.
    While at a secret hide out, Mesmero and Magneto are attacked by another Sentinel.
    When Magneto attempts to stop the robot, it blasts him revealing that the being that Mesmero has been
    working for all these months was not the real Magneto, but a robot, and he is easily captured by the Sentinels.
    With only a few mutants still free, Larry considers his task a success and welcomes
    the arrival of Judge Chalmers who Larry proudly shows his work too.
    When Chalmers realizes that the captured mutants are being kept in suspended animation
    he expresses his displeasure that the mutants are not detained in a more humane way.
    This comment infuriates Larry who tells the judge that if he cannot count on his support he will deal with the mutant menace alone.
    However, Chalmers manages to calm down the emotional Trask.
    Larry then turns his attention to the members of the X-Men who are still not yet captured,
    who are planning on locating the kidnapped mutants with a mini Cerebro unit.
    As Trask watches this, he swears that he will capture these mutants.
    He swears on the medallion that he is wearing and reflects that it was a gift from his father shortly
    after the death of his mother, at that time Bolivar had asked his son to swear to never take it off.

Larry's recollection is cut short when suddenly his base is attacked by the Banshee who attempts to destroy the Sentinels with his sonic screams,
    however, Trask had built Sentinels specifically to deal with him and they knock out the sonic-screaming mutant with a sonic blast counter attack.
    Furious at this attack, Larry orders the Sentinels to hunt down the remaining mutants and destroy them.
    Not wanting to be party to murder, Chalmers attempts to stop Larry, and is forced to strike the boy.
    The force of the blow knocks the medallion off of Larry, and upon that
    happening the Sentinels detect the presence of another mutant, Larry himself.

A nearby Sentinel grabs Larry and informs him that because he is a mutant his command over them is null and void,
    and that despite this they are going to carry out his last command; destroy all mutants.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Neal Adams, inks by Tom Palmer

What does everyone want to see happen next for Iceman? I can't tell if he is really going to be a major player for Hickman's run, it doesn't look like it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

What does everyone want to see happen next for Iceman? I can't tell if he is really going to be a major player for Hickman's run, it doesn't look like it.
    I don't see Hickman having much interest in Bobby, no. But he's got to wind up as part of the cast on another book.

I wouldn't mind if Bobby wound up as the token American in an Excalibur relaunch, really. I feel like it'd do some good just to put the character in with some personalities he doesn't interact with a lot. He's one of the X-Men who'll remember his whole stint in AoXM, so he might want to head away from the familiar to deal with that anyway.

Retcons.

And super-boyfriends!
    Sunfire, Avalanche, Firelord, and Danny Ketch.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    And super-boyfriends!
    Consecutively or all at once?

I doubt Bobby will have a big role in Hickman’s books but he probably will appear, I’m hoping he will be in one of the wave one books, but I’m trying to keep my expectations low. I also wouldn’t mind seeing him back in the Ramos costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Consecutively or all at once?

I doubt Bobby will have a big role in Hickman’s books but he probably will appear, I’m hoping he will be in one of the wave one books, but I’m trying to keep my expectations low. I also wouldn’t mind seeing him back in the Ramos costume.
    You and I are like the only people who enjoyed that costume haha.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

You and I are like the only people who enjoyed that costume haha.
    C'mon j'all. Where da scans? Which 'stoom is the Ramos 'stoom?

It's the red one he wore in the ongoing solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    C'mon j'all. Where da scans? Which 'stoom is the Ramos 'stoom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's the red one he wore in the ongoing solo.
    Yeah, the one in my avatar from his solo run.

I also like the Ramos costume.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    And super-boyfriends!
    You read my mind.

Bobby and Pyro on the same team, hm? Wonder which one it is.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-x-men-exc...led-sdcc-2019/

Well the Marauders titles certainly sticks out as the best team, but the concept is less than promising. This past week I got really excited for Hickman. The X-Men need a new Morrison to shift things; I just can't tell where Hickman is shifting them. Marauders is puzzling the writer is okay, not familiar with the artist, Russell D is a queer artist extraordinaire... but I don't see how these titles fit in the Marvel Universe or in continuity. So its hard to have an honest reaction.

Team wise this is an excellent line up. For Iceman fans this is actually an ideal team; he seems to be the glue of the team - meaning he has the most connections with all of his teammates. Plus, Emma is on the team; and those two are my favorites. See my amazing Avatar is if you haven't But Marauders.... I don't even think Emma would be in the book for the name alone. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Bobby and Pyro on the same team, hm? Wonder which one it is.
    The fact that the members of Mystique's brotherhood (Destiny, Pyro, Blob...) are featured in HoxPo10 makes me think it's the original Pyro. But also the fact that he's in a team with Bobby could mean it's Simon. Idk. Maybe it's both.

Have him hook up with the old Pyro too.