Page 314 of 434 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 6499

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's not impossible this story ends up with Moira killing herself, all we know is Krakoa status quo remains, but it may be the next books happen in her next life.
    Lots of things are technically “not impossible” but why on earth would Hickman tell such a precise, meticulous story just to get to the end and be like “but that was the old Krakoa which no longer exists. Here’s the new one, which is vaguely similar but also vaguely different, in ways yet to be specified! Hope you had fun with all that setup, only the broadest strokes of which are still relevant!”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Lots of things are technically “not impossible” but why on earth would Hickman tell such a precise, meticulous story just to get to the end and be like “but that was the old Krakoa which no longer exists. Here’s the new one, which is vaguely similar but also vaguely different, in ways yet to be specified! Hope you had fun with all that setup, only the broadest strokes of which are still relevant!”
    isnt one of the last covers Moira alive walking on Krakoa with all the mutants dead around her?

BANNED

I don't know if it's filler, but the idea that a couple of characters have been manipulating all the past stories is unsatisfying. So far, however many issues in, I'd rather see the establishment of Krakoa as it happens instead of just randomly being in the middle of it with no continuity. The more I see with House of X/ Powers of X, the less intriguing it becomes, particularly since we have all these random character changes with seemingly no explanation coming.

Covers don't need to be literal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Imagine thinking the paradigm shift story that will completely realign X-Men stories for years to come will be revealed to be an AU.
    You mean like Uncanny 141 and 142?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't know if it's filler, but the idea that a couple of characters have been manipulating all the past stories is unsatisfying. So far, however many issues in, I'd rather see the establishment of Krakoa as it happens instead of just randomly being in the middle of it with no continuity. The more I see with House of X/ Powers of X, the less intriguing it becomes, particularly since we have all these random character changes with seemingly no explanation coming.
    Curious but what character changes did we not get explanations for? The only one I can think of are people saying Xavier and maybe Jean (which I don't agree with but I digress).

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    You mean like Uncanny 141 and 142?
    those didn't cost me $62
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Curious but what character changes did we not get explanations for? The only one I can think of are people saying Xavier and maybe Jean (which I don't agree with but I digress).
    Xavier, Jean's character and the "Marvel Girl" thing, M becoming Penance like the Hulk. Emma Frost back to White Queen. The strange "Mom" thing from the Cuckoos, probably some other stuff that doesn't come to mind right now.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    There's Monet now being Penance and able to transform into that state at will after years of not being connected with it.

The dead characters from Rosenberg's Uncanny being alive. How'd Creed get his head back from the other dimension Magik sent it to?

Why is Jean Marvel Girl again?

Why is Botherhood allowed on Krakoa?

Just things like that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    There's Monet now being Penance and able to transform into that state at will after years of not being connected with it.

The dead characters from Rosenberg's Uncanny being alive. How'd Creed get his head back from the other dimension Magik sent it to?

Just things like that.
    I'd assume these get explained at the end of this or beginning of the new books. The Monet change is certainly something that should be acknowledged.

Botherhood? Who? Mystique? Toad? Pyro? Them being allies again isn't that farfetched. It's a mutant sanctuary so they aren't excluding anyone that wants to be there.

As bad as Rosenberg's run was and with all the deaths if they just ignored or said it wasn't real.... I'd be ok with that.

BANNED

They are just chill with Rapertooth killing humans and don't want him to sit trial for it. There is quite a bit continuity work to be done to connect the world of House of X to anything that came before.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I'd assume these get explained at the end of this or beginning of the new books. The Monet change is certainly something that should be acknowledged.
    I'm in no rush, because I am sure it will all get addressed. But I can see people o edge about some of these changes, and how they will get handled.

Botherhood? Who? Mystique? Toad? Pyro? Them being allies again isn't that farfetched. It's a mutant sanctuary so they aren't excluding anyone that wants to be there.
    No, the failed X1 movie version of Brotherhood with Creed in it. lol HOX 1 and 3 definitely caused some controversy of him getting amnesty despite being a serial killer of humans & mutants alike. I didn't see a big deal about it, but many are definitely not sold on that.

As bad as Rosenberg's run was and with all the deaths if they just ignored or said it wasn't real.... I'd be ok with that.
    I'm ok with any & every bad story being ignored. lol Especially given the complete ruining of some characters with said stories. For example Rosenberg officially put Sabretooth in F-list territory when he gets easily defeated by Wolfsbane of all people. There was no hope for him as a villain after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    They are just chill with Rapertooth killing humans and don't want him to sit trial for it. There is quite a bit continuity work to be done to connect the world of House of X to anything that came before.
    Hey, he doesn't owe anyone anythingd. Just like the equally rape-tastic Emma, Mystique & Daken. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-12-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Just things like that.
    I feel like if this wasn’t a story that involved alternate timelines and also probably clones, we probably would have already all mostly come around by now to accepting these things as the result of A) a new writer B) a bit of a time jump since we last saw these characters and C) a dramatically new, unprecedented status quo. Despite the presence of alternate timelines and clones, I’m still leaning towards AU and clone hijinks not being the explanation for most of these tiny discrepancies, and maybe ultimately not any of them (except the resurrections being Krakoa-assisted.)

Even still, I think the more time we spend with these characters, the more we’ll understand where they are now, and if only by implication, how they got there. For example, I’m sure there’s a story to how Monet got in touch with this Penance form, and it will probably be touched on at some point.. but in the meantime, I love thinking that the implicit story suggested by that reveal alone is one of personal growth and managing trauma, rather than just ‘this isn’t our Monet.’ It’s a medium built on being able to imagine the connective tissue between static panels, and I have fun sometimes when that’s blown up to where one page can inspire imagining months’ worth of connective tissue. It can be frustrating to the part of me that likes to have a Wikipedia entry fill in every last detail of a characters’ history, but as a story it can be thrilling, and I just have to trust that the Wikipedia bio will work itself out over time.
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-12-2019 at 09:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Covers don't need to be literal.
    As I have spent weeks telling the Marauders thread.