View Poll Results: HOW MUCH WILL ENDGAME MAKE AT THE BOX OFFICE?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORLDWIDE: $3 billion or more

33 43.42%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.50-$2.99 billion

34 44.74%
  • WORLDWIDE: $2.0-$2.49 billion

12 15.79%
  • DOMESTIC: $900 million to $1 billion+

13 17.11%
  • DOMESTIC: $800 million to $899 million

6 7.89%
  • DOMESTIC: $750 million to $799 million

1 1.32%
  • DOMESTIC: $700 million to $749 million

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Retired

I think ENDGAME will have the legs to keep making money week after week. Just like CAPTAIN MARVEL continues to make money. The question is will Disney let it do that or will they get in its way by releasing other big movies and reducing the number of screens for ENDGAME and by releasing the movie on digital sooner rather than later. If Disney cuts the legs out from under it, then it can't make that money. I remember when I was a little kid that THE SOUND OF MUSIC continued its theatrical run for years (like maybe eight years ongoing), because it was a movie that everyone wanted to go see, again and again, and there was nothing like video tapes that you could buy to watch it, so you had to go to the theatre to see it. If people had no other way of seeing ENDGAME, they would keep going to see it month after month for a very long time.

looks like it pulled in another 130 millionish ww on Monday(37 million domestic), will probably cross a billion foreign take alone either today or tommorow

It'll pass Captain Marvel domestically tomorrow on just day 5 be the #1 movie of the year with only Star Wars likely to have any shot of unseating it for the 2019 championship. I' doubtful that Star Wars though will after the Last Jedi debacle and how badly Solo underperformed.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Might pass both Avengers 1 & 2 WW totals by Friday morning

The numbers Endgame is doing on weekdays is insane, another 33 million for Tuesday putting it ahead of Captain Marvel's domestic total having not been out a week yet.

Endgame made about 70 million dollars domestically for Monday/Tuesday. To put that in perspective, that's bigger than every opening weekend this year aside from Captain Marvel and Us (note: Us made 71 million)

Edit more perspective: There were only two higher performing Tuesday's in history. One was Star Wars the Force Awakens during the week of Christmas, the other was The Amazing Spider-Man, which debuted on a Tuesday before the 4th of July.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 05-01-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Here are some charts from Box Office Mojo where we can compare Endgame to Infinity, Avengers, and most importantly Force Awakens. It gives an easy to compare daily view of each movies totals. You can see on it right from the start why Infinity failed to beat Force Awakens even though it had a better opening weekend - by day 4 Infinity started losing every single day to Force Awakens. Its still early but already on days 4 and 5 Endgame is losing to Force Awakens though not to the same extent Infinity did. We'll probably have a pretty solid idea after this coming weekend whether Endgame will beat Force Awakens domestically as movie takes are usuallly quite predictable from weekend to weekend (Avatar and Titanic being the two most major exceptions as they actually gained in some later weeks and had incredible holds unlike Force Awakens and Infinity which had typical week to week drops).

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdo...svstarwars.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Here are some charts from Box Office Mojo where we can compare Endgame to Infinity, Avengers, and most importantly Force Awakens. It gives an easy to compare daily view of each movies totals. You can see on it right from the start why Infinity failed to beat Force Awakens even though it had a better opening weekend - by day 4 Infinity started losing every single day to Force Awakens. Its still early but already on days 4 and 5 Endgame is losing to Force Awakens though not to the same extent Infinity did. We'll probably have a pretty solid idea after this coming weekend whether Endgame will beat Force Awakens domestically as movie takes are usuallly quite predictable from weekend to weekend (Avatar and Titanic being the two most major exceptions as they actually gained in some later weeks and had incredible holds unlike Force Awakens and Infinity which had typical week to week drops).

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdo...svstarwars.htm
    FORCE Awaken opened on Christmas break you cant compare them really. Endgame can still have a monster 2nd weekend since there no holiday right now boosting weekday sales.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    FORCE Awaken opened on Christmas break you cant compare them really. Endgame can still have a monster 2nd weekend since there no holiday right now boosting weekday sales.
    And in addition to that, speaking for myself, when I went to get tickets to see Avengers: Endgame this week, I had to get them for a new screening on Friday since the only seats left during other weekday showings were either in the corners or, as I term them, the "vertigo" seats. And even for the new screenings on Friday, they were filling up fast. The total box office as of the end of this weekend will tell the tale, in my view. If Endgame is at 2.2 Billion or more, I could see it overtaking Avatar, if not cracking 3 Billion total haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    People probably said the same things about comparing Infinity to Force Awakens as well and look how that turned out. Infinity won the opening weekend and lost 100% of the time after that. And comparisons to Infinity are completely valid.

I don't see Wednesday's stats up yet but I'm willing to bet that Endgame trails Force Awakens on it as well. Biggest thing Endgame's favor is that it had a much more massive opening weekend than Infinity or Force Awakens which will give a bigger cushion. Right now, before Wed's stats are out, it still has a 102 million lead on Force Awakens whereas Infinity was already trailing Force Awakens by 20 million by this point.

If we're talking world wide gross it's silly to bring up silly to bring up the day to day with star wars and only bring up the domestic numbers. In terms of money made internationally Endgame has already beaten the Force Awakens total haul.
    Last edited by Kusanagi; 05-02-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    People probably said the same things about comparing Infinity to Force Awakens as well and look how that turned out. Infinity won the opening weekend and lost 100% of the time after that. And comparisons to Infinity are completely valid.

I don't see Wednesday's stats up yet but I'm willing to bet that Endgame trails Force Awakens on it as well. Biggest thing Endgame's favor is that it had a much more massive opening weekend than Infinity or Force Awakens which will give a bigger cushion. Right now, before Wed's stats are out, it still has a 102 million lead on Force Awakens whereas Infinity was already trailing Force Awakens by 20 million by this point.
    Endgame trails FA domestically on Wednesday, but leads by 90 million worldwide

the way it's trending(1.66 billion as of Wednesday) it might break 2 billion on Friday or Saturday at the latest, which frankly is mind boggling, it'll likely pass Infinity War's 154 day domestic BO by day 10
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-02-2019 at 01:44 PM.

I thought ~$2B was gonna be tough but damn ... maybe not.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    If we're talking world wide gross it's silly to bring up silly to bring up the day to day with star wars and only bring up the domestic numbers. In terms of money made internationally Endgame has already beaten the Force Awakens total haul.
    It hasn't yet. It probably will after the weekend but right now Endgame sits at 1.66 billion while Force Awakens total haul is 2.07 billion.

Force Awakens is the #1 movie of all time in US (without adjusting prices for inflation) which is why its the comparison. Can it be toppled?

Worldwide the comparison would be Avatar as its #1 by a long ways. Force Awakens is the #3 all time world wide and trails Avatar by 700 million. Titanic (in 1996 dollars no less) is #2.

I'm guessing Endgame won't beat either. After the weekend Endgame had a 110 million domestic lead on Force Awakens but as I noted its lost every day since to Force Awakens just like Infinity did and now only has an 89 million lead. In fact Force Awakens made more in its first 15 days than Infinity made in its entire run. So given that so far the pattern is playing similarly I'd guess Endgame will top out around 800 million give or take 50 million either way which will be good enough for #2 all time domestically. And using Infinity as a comparison again for worldwide, Infinity made 33% of its money domestically and the rest internationally. That would put Endgame at 2.4 billion give or take which is still 300 million behind Avatar.

BTW, I'm not personally invested in this as I'm a fan of both Star Wars and Marvel comics. I love both and either being #1 is awesome to me. I just don't think it will happen.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 05-02-2019 at 02:06 PM.