Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default A Grand old Martial Arts Tournament!

16 Martial Artists Artists from 16 Different Canons. Which one will win this tournament Bracket?

Everyone is acting in character, and is treating this as they would any other tournament. Killing is allowed by not Mandatory.

The Bracket is

1. Ryu (Street Fighter) vs. Jin Kazama (Tekken)

2. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) vs. Liu Kang (Motal Kombat)

3. Kenshiro (First of the North Star) vs. Kid Goku (Dragonball)

4. Iron Fist (Marvel 616) vs. Cass Cain (DC Comics)

5. Ip Man (Donnie Yen) vs. Kato (Green Hornet)

6. Po the Panda (Kung Fu Panda) vs. Avatar Aang

7. Ranma Saotome vs Baki Hanma (Baki the Grappler)

8. Tokita Ohma (Kengan Ashura) vs. Kenichi Shirahama (Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)

In the Commantary seat for this show down will be The Legion of Superheroes resident Karate Expert, The Karate Kid Val Amorr

Astonishing Member

Is Aang allowed to bend fully, and is Avatar state allowed?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Is Aang allowed to bend fully, and is Avatar state allowed?
    Yes and yes, though keep in mind it's in character not Bloodlusted

Iron Fist should body Cass rather easily.

Ohma vs Kenichi is interesting. I think Kenichi might have him beat given his precog and possibly greater speed.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

was kid goku fast enough to get at ken before he uses MT?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    was kid goku fast enough to get at ken before he uses MT?
    It's King Piccolo era Kid Goku, if that helps

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

1. No idea about this one, but from what little I know of Tekken, I'm kind of suspecting Jin will win.
    2. Terry's faster and has a lot of power output. May vary a bit depending on what's being considered canon for him.
    3. Goku's too fast and has multiple ranged attack options.
    4. Everything I've ever heard on this site says Iron Fist wins handily
    5. No clue on this one. I've never seen Green Hornet.
    6. In character, not bloodlusted as you say, Aang quits the tournament. It's not his style. Properly bloodlusted, he should win easily.
    7. Ranma's pretty much all around Baki's superior.
    8. No clue.

Goku will likely be the overall winner, though I could possibly see Ranma taking it. My perspective on how he compares to DB characters varies every time the matter comes up. Post holy water Goku is getting into the realm I'm kind of iffy on for that.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is pretty much Kenshiro, Goku or Ranma's tournament to lose. Their stats are a different league to just about everyone else.

The whole not bloodlusted thing kind of gives Kenshiro an unfair advantage since his style is literally super murder on contact.

Goku is his only real obstacle. I personally think you need to get into the Sayain Saga for the blitz from Goku becomes completely viable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This is pretty much Kenshiro, Goku or Ranma's tournament to lose. Their stats are a different league to just about everyone else.

The whole not bloodlusted thing kind of gives Kenshiro an unfair advantage since his style is literally super murder on contact.

Goku is his only real obstacle. I personally think you need to get into the Sayain Saga for the blitz from Goku becomes completely viable.
    Is it in character for Kenshiro to use lethal force when fighting people who are basically decent and there aren't any real stakes involved?

(Also, Even if one of those characters does win, 'd still like to get people's thoughts on the individual matches. That's why this is a tournament, not a Battle royale)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

To be fair "in character," Kenshiro might just leave. That's sort of the problem with in-character, non-bloodlusted. The characters who aren't motivated by fightan are just gonna walk away.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Is it in character for Kenshiro to use lethal force when fighting people who are basically decent and there aren't any real stakes involved?

(Also, Even if one of those characters does win, 'd still like to get people's thoughts on the individual matches. That's why this is a tournament, not a Battle royale)
    if you come at ken full out, he will not hold back, unless there is a in-story reason to.

honestly, he could just go MT and just wait them out or knock them out. or make them fall in love with him.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, the tricky part of figuring that out is that is this scenario translocates Kenshiro out of his natural habitat that his nominal code of ethics [sic: being in character] doesn't really apply. Kenshiro has fought with lethal force against people he has loved before, he has killed good and decent men before if he felt he had just cause.

If the point of the tournament is to be to the death if required, if Kenshiro can win by using his more instant death type moves and if he has no real reason to spare Goku's life rather than killing him in the first exchange, but we're going to say he doesn't because reasons then this isn't a rumble per se.

Like, Goku in his most "Let's go and efficiently fight," moments from the time when he was a child, does kicks and punches and so on. Conversely Kenshiro in his most "let's go and fight efficiently," causes people to explode by touching them. To me, that says Kenshiro wins the encounter.

If you insist, let's run this bracket!

Jin has better control of his devil form and way more firepower. Other stats are pretty much equal though I think Jin is stronger from what I remember of the most recent Tekken film.

I think Terry is faster in most incarnations and hits hard enough to make this a kind of one shot dealy.

See above.

Good fight but Danny outclasses Cass in several key ways.

Ip Man did more impressive things than Kato.

Aang buries Po in short order.

Ramna obliterates Baki pretty easily through absurdly higher stats.

8. Tokita Ohma (Kengan Ashura) vs. Kenichi Shirahama (Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)
    This one is honestly hard to call.

I'd... gut call it in Ohma's favour at his best? Kenichi has more well-defined abilities but he's not a natural fighter. Ohma adapts and is more willing to go further than Kenichi will ever be. And I think he's arguably stronger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, the tricky part of figuring that out is that is this scenario translocates Kenshiro out of his natural habitat that his nominal code of ethics [sic: being in character] doesn't really apply. Kenshiro has fought with lethal force against people he has loved before, he has killed good and decent men before if he felt he had just cause.

If the point of the tournament is to be to the death if required, if Kenshiro can win by using his more instant death type moves and if he has no real reason to spare Goku's life rather than killing him in the first exchange, but we're going to say he doesn't because reasons then this isn't a rumble per se.

Like, Goku in his most "Let's go and efficiently fight," moments from the time when he was a child, does kicks and punches and so on. Conversely Kenshiro in his most "let's go and fight efficiently," causes people to explode by touching them. To me, that says Kenshiro wins the encounter.

If you insist, let's run this bracket!

Jin has better control of his devil form and way more firepower. Other stats are pretty much equal though I think Jin is stronger from what I remember of the most recent Tekken film.

I think Terry is faster in most incarnations and hits hard enough to make this a kind of one shot dealy.

See above.

Good fight but Danny outclasses Cass in several key ways.

Ip Man did more impressive things than Kato.

Aang buries Po in short order.

Ramna obliterates Baki pretty easily through absurdly higher stats.

This one is honestly hard to call.

I'd... gut call it in Ohma's favour at his best? Kenichi has more well-defined abilities but he's not a natural fighter. Ohma adapts and is more willing to go further than Kenichi will ever be. And I think he's arguably stronger.
    Killing isn't required to win, but it is permitted if the fighter desires to go that far. I'll admit Kenshiro is an odd fit for this, but I wanted all the fighters in it to be from different series, and I was stretched a bit thin as far as participants go

I'm not quite sure if Po will be beaten as badly as you think, since he's fairly durable and has some esoteric tricks her can pull out.

but if these are the winners that you've called, what happens in the next round?

i think jin vs. ryu might be a bit closer since SFV showed that ryu has either gain complete control of the dark hadou or just gotten rid of it.

and if nik's break is good, then it really comes down to ranma and kenshiro. everyone else just can't keep up or hit hard enough.

[QUOTE=Jcogginsa;4363403]16 Martial Artists Artists from 16 Different Canons. Which one will win this tournament Bracket?

Everyone is acting in character, and is treating this as they would any other tournament. Killing is allowed by not Mandatory.

The Bracket is

Jin easily once he transforms. Without that, I'd still favor him, but only because I'm assuming Ryu doesn't scale to Akuma at all.

Don't know. Once saw a random anine clip on terry. Mortal combat on the other hand is pretty weak, I think.

Goku is already dead.

Ironfist.

I actually think hornet is faster straight up into bullet time at peak. Yen is better everyone else though. Fight shouldn't last long. Yen everytime.

Aang demands they come up with a peaceful solution. Po agrees. Othereise aang goes avatar like against ozai.

Ranma

Ah. I just started reading Kengan Asura. At the moment he stabds no chance, but I'm guessing he gets there.

In the Commantary seat for this show down will be The Legion of Superheroes resident Karate Expert, The Karate Kid Val Amorr