Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'm sold. Too many excellent weirdos in this book to pass it by.

Fingers crossed for Kasper Cole AND Junta, because let's be greedy.

-Pav, who thinks the team/comic needs a better name...
    The team just needs atleast one more Wakandan for it to make sense.. But the name itself is fine I think

Cool! My one nitpick is that as much as I like BP, I wish his name wasn't on the title so Zub would be more free to not feature him in every single story. He already gets plenty of panel time that I would rather see go to some other hero.

Awesome that this was finally announce. Can't wait for this to drop to go along with Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Cool! My one nitpick is that as much as I like BP, I wish his name wasn't on the title so Zub would be more free to not feature him in every single story. He already gets plenty of panel time that I would rather see go to some other hero.
    I think his name is there for marketing more than anything else. Doesn't necessarily mean the story will necessarily focus on him all the time.

His name in the title doesn't mean he will get a bunch of panel time, ie. See Black panther and the crew. Tchalla didn't show up until the last page of Issue 2 and did absolutely nothing in that series, otherwise get scolded by some old lady.

I think he will have a presence In The book, but won't be the focus

BANNED

I'm actually eager to see Zub writing T'Challa. It's one of the main appeals of this for me. Zub's a great writer and I expect his T'Challa will be a real badass.

But I'm sure that Zub will be giving the other characters plenty of panel time. Between this and Strikeforce, I'm stoked to have two off-beat team books coming soon.

zub announces a new project and then immediately has to deal with some absolute clownery, some honk honk tomfoolery takes

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am excited about this series and I like Zub so I have confidence in the story. I kind of wish BP wasn't named in the title, but can understand it. Would be really great if they got Gentle to be a part of the series. But I'm along for the ride.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

An anthropomorphic gorilla and a famed celebrity (Janet Van Dyne) in a covert operations team? Is this a joke? Do this people has some basic idea of what is espionage all about? Rule n° 1: stay under the radar, do not call attention to yourself.

I used to have an issue with S.H.I.E.L.D. and their omnipresent logo and agents in leather costumes, but this is much worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    An anthropomorphic gorilla and a famed celebrity (Janet Van Dyne) in a covert operations team? Is this a joke? Do this people has some basic idea of what is espionage all about? Rule n° 1: stay under the radar, do not call attention to yourself.

I used to have an issue with S.H.I.E.L.D. and their omnipresent logo and agents in leather costumes, but this is much worse than that.
    I think Jans ability to fly and shrink actually makes her a viable spy. Doesn't necessarily matter how recognizable you are if you are only 2 inches tall.

But in general yeah ... this is a very random group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

The purpose of this team is that they are not a team. They are a group directed by Okoye to accomplish missions for the Avengers and T'Challa's SHIELD/Not SHIELD thing individually, so they need diverse skills. If they need an infilitration, call Roz or Janet. If they need someone to navigate hostile terrain, call Ka-Zar or Gorilla-Man. Doctor? Get Nemesis. Space? Astronaut John Jameson. Another big brain? Broo. Fighter? Fat-Cobra. Etc, etc. At least, that's how Jason explained the concept in Avengers. It might just be simplified to a weird team.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    His name in the title doesn't mean he will get a bunch of panel time, ie. See Black panther and the crew. Tchalla didn't show up until the last page of Issue 2 and did absolutely nothing in that series, otherwise get scolded by some old lady.

I think he will have a presence In The book, but won't be the focus
    If he's like Batman in Young Justice, I'd be cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If he's like Batman in Young Justice, I'd be cool with that.
    For Okoye's sake, it's probably better if he's somewhat hands off. She's the director of the team, but as he out ranks and over qualifies her, his presence potentially makes her redundant.

I also noticed that the said Tchalla was the leader of Wakanda in the interview. Either it's a mistake or the backpedaling has begone. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I also noticed that the said Tchalla was the leader of Wakanda in the interview. Either it's a mistake or the backpedaling has begone. Lol.
    Or maybe they’re ignoring what’s been going on in Coates run so far.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"