Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I really despised The Other and The Totem BS ( I ranked it only behind OMD/BND as bad Spider-Man stories, and I hope Spencer does not bring it back. I would be very happy if it was Ezekiel or Harry and called it a day. Lots of questions still remain? But what does Kindred have against Osborn? What about the Mysterio movie? What is MJ’s role? What about the cover of ASM 55? Everything adds up to a very painful victory for Peter. It could be Gwen as Kindred, Aunt May dying (ending the dead), MJ dying but something very painful. Maybe it is the kind of story where he temporarily gives up Spider-Man ( like in Requiem ( a personal favorite of mine)). Whatever it is I see ugly ( worse then 121 or Amazing Fantasy 15).
    This still sounds like a terrible idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This still sounds like a terrible idea.
    What is a terrible idea? Peter walking a way for a bit, Gwen being Kindred or someone important dying? To me the worst idea is OMD remaining and The Totem stuff coming back. I hated that story and the altering of Amazing Fantasy 15. I could see it happening ( as Mephisto did make deals with Miles and Otto). I guarantee that if that is the outcome it will make me sick to my stomach like Harley Quinn did ( where I could not even finish the movie) then after I blast this story, I am finished with comic books ( the only comic that interests me is Spider-Man).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What is a terrible idea? Peter walking a way for a bit, Gwen being Kindred or someone important dying? To me the worst idea is OMD remaining and The Totem stuff coming back. I hated that story and the altering of Amazing Fantasy 15. I could see it happening ( as Mephisto did make deals with Miles and Otto). I guarantee that if that is the outcome it will make me sick to my stomach like Harley Quinn did ( where I could not even finish the movie) then after I blast this story, I am finished with comic books ( the only comic that interests me is Spider-Man).
    Think about what you're suggesting. "Peter's girlfriend comes back to life and he has to kill/defeat her. It's even worse because he's working with GG, the guy who killed her, in order to do it."

Does that really sound good?

Fantastic Member

Think about what you're suggesting. "Peter's girlfriend comes back to life and he has to kill/defeat her. It's even worse because he's working with GG, the guy who killed her, in order to do it."

For similar reasons this can be applied to Harry being Kindred, on top of the retcons that would be needed and Harry apperently no longer caring about Normie's safety.

Astonishing Member

I never said Gwen as Kindred is good ( I favored Kindred as Harry or Ezekiel and calling it a day), I just think it is Gwen. As for Norm he is already working with Norm The enemy of my enemy is my friend and Temporary Alliance concepts. But the Totem story sucked when it first came out and it is even worse today. Think about it, if Peter was not selected at random then that becomes justification for the dreadful Cindy Moon Slott Arc because she too was selected instead of not being biitten at random. Last but certainly not least, it also pushes the narrative that it is Spider-Man not Peter Parker that is the more important character ( which is something I thought Spencer tried to show was inaccurate). Although l am not for Gwen as Kindred, I would take that over another version of The Other, MJ dying and knowing damn well she has a coming back, or using a baby or unborn child as Kindred.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It’s a hell of an idea if they can pull it off, yeah.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    It’s a hell of an idea if they can pull it off, yeah.
    The only way it works is if Gwen did something in between the pages of say ASM 118-119 to warrant going to Hell, and she is planning to throw MJ or Aunt May from the bridge.

Fantastic Member

Now if everything that's been hinted is really just intentional mislead by Spencer for no reason other than to generate speculation, I could see him using someone more under the radar weaving a tragic backstory for them, but someone nobody even considered. Examples like Proto-Goblin(the assistant to Mendel Stromm and first test subject of the Goblin Serum) or one of the Psychics from Thunderbolts Mountain(who cause a "cured" Osborn to regress back into his GG persona) and Spencer just takes a character likes this and makes a unknowing Peter also be responsible, it's be disappointing but possible.

Though the entire cast of OMD being linked to Kindred(specifically going out of the way to include Kingpin and Strange) makes it hard for me not to see it as somehow linked, barring all the comments by Kindred which make him someone who has to know the ins and outside of Spidey and his enemies, which tbh nobody else except Parker himself could be in that position.

What if Kindred is Mysterio's missing psychiatrist Doctor Winkorst? We know nothing about him other than he has been treating Beck and who knows what secrets he told him as for the "Pete" being mentioned this has only really happened when Peter himself has been dreaming.
    Hail Hydra!

I think the revelation is going to be disappointing. But hopefully not.

It's not Frederick Foswell, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

it will be disappointing for some I am sure. most here probably have high expectations for the reveal we already on page 9 of this thread.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

At this point, the only option that wouldn't be disappointing is Gwen. Harry a villain again, Ned who has has nothing to do with Norman, Peter from Hell because of OMD (Marvel won't do it), a new or less known character, all of them would be disappointing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

It will only be dissappointing if you let it be. Most secret identity mysteries always have the person's identity floating around in prediction discussions barring a undetectable reveal nobody could predict, and, cant stress this enough that Kindred's identity is not as important as to what Kindred's plan with Parker is. Solicits and covers all through Last Remains are doing a great job not spoiling anything. Spencer has shown to be a excellent story crafter and given Kindred is his big arc villian for the first two years of his run that he's been cooking on for over 50 issues, even if Kindred isnt who I think it is I have faith that Spencer has a great story planned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    At this point, the only option that wouldn't be disappointing is Gwen. Harry a villain again, Ned who has has nothing to do with Norman, Peter from Hell because of OMD (Marvel won't do it), a new or less known character, all of them would be disappointing.
    Wow, people really hate Gwen.

I said I wouldn't be disappointed, not mad