Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He wasn't in it, but his presence was felt. And Happy and Nick Fury (kind of) were huge parts of it.
    Happy is one of the best side characters in the MCU. I'm dreading the day Sony leaves the MCU because then no More Happy in Spider-Man and he doesn't organically fit anywhere else now. Also hoping the 3rd film has nothing to do with Tony, he didn't wrong anyone or leave Peter anything else.

As far as Strange being in it. That's the deal Marvel made with with Sony. Spiderman appears in a MCU film and then Marvel puts a MCU guest appearance in each Spidey film. Though I'm surprised Nick Fury counted. Initially it sounded like 1 avenger would guest star in each film. Guess he put the team together maybe that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Happy is one of the best side characters in the MCU. I'm dreading the day Sony leaves the MCU because then no More Happy in Spider-Man and he doesn't organically fit anywhere else now. Also hoping the 3rd film has nothing to do with Tony, he didn't wrong anyone or leave Peter anything else.

As far as Strange being in it. That's the deal Marvel made with with Sony. Spiderman appears in a MCU film and then Marvel puts a MCU guest appearance in each Spidey film. Though I'm surprised Nick Fury counted. Initially it sounded like 1 avenger would guest star in each film. Guess he put the team together maybe that counts.
    Eh, I'm kind of the exact opposite - I'm praying for the day that Sony does leave the MCU - I like Happy, but I just want to get better Spider-Man movies than the MCU seems capable of giving me. Sony may have had hiccups with some of their Spidey movies, but their good ones are so much better than Homecoming or Far From Home. Holland just isn't a good Spider-Man. He's a weak link.

BANNED

Eh, I'm kind of the exact opposite - I'm praying for the day that Sony does leave the MCU - I like Happy, but I just want to get better Spider-Man movies than the MCU seems capable of giving me. Sony may have had hiccups with some of their Spidey movies, but their good ones are so much better than Homecoming or Far From Home. Holland just isn't a good Spider-Man. He's a weak link.
    Common ''opinions'' you see around spiderman movies. it feels the most right.

Happy is too tied to Iron Man and Pepper, I rather see Gwen Stacey and Harry.

Spiderman like batman has what I will call the Spiderman web of family similar to the Bat family. MCU has a disregard for that.

Despite all the love some people have for the MCU, the cinematic universe story telling is the least most faithful adaption of the world building of the comics and the most easy to dislike from a comic POV since everything feels so small and quashed in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Spiderman like batman has what I will call the Spiderman web of family similar to the Bat family. MCU has a disregard for that.

Despite all the love some people have for the MCU, the cinematic universe story telling is the least most faithful adaption of the world building of the comics and the most easy to dislike from a comic POV since everything feels so small and quashed in the movies.
    It's not even from a Spider-Family/supporting cast, faithful adaptation, comic fan point of view. Holland just bores me and the plots aren't interesting to me and they just don't feel as good. I'm a hundred times more excited for more Spider-Verse sequels than MCU Spider-Man movies.
    I like the fight scenes. That's something I guess.

Probably my most traditional comic book fan complaint about MCU Spider-Man is they just couldn't resist throwing away his secret identity in the last film. Seriously, why the hate for secret identities from the MCU? It's ridiculous.

Spidey Movies Friends and Family from the comics.

MCU: Aunt May, Ned Leeds/Ganke (I'll give he's closer to Ganke than comic Ned Leeds), Betty Brant, MJ (Their Version of Mary Jane), Liz Allan, Flash Thompson, Roger Harrington, Sally Avril, Jason Ionello and J. Jonah Jameson. Total 10 in 2 films.

Raimi: Aunt May, Uncle Ben, Mary Jane Watson, Harry Osborn, Gwen Stacy, J. Jonah Jameson, Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, George Stacy, and Curt Connors. Total 11 in 3 Films.

Webb Films: Aunt May, Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, George Stacy, Richard & Mary Parker, and Harry Osborn. Total 7 in 2 films.

Spidey Villains in films:

MCU: Vulture, Tinkerer, 2 Versions of Shocker, Prowler, Scorpion, Mysterio, and the Elementals (Versions of Hydro-Man, Sandman, Molten Man, and Cyclone.). Total 11 in 2 Films.

Raimi: 2 Green Goblins, Dr. Octopus, Sandman, and Venom. Total 5 in 3 Films.

Webb: Lizard, Green Goblin, Electro, and Rhino. Total 4 in in 2 Films.

Total Spider-Man comic characters in the Films:

MCU: 21 in 2 films.

Raimi: 16 in 3 films.

Webb: 11 in 2 films.

The MCU Spider-Man films have had more comic based Spider-Man characters than other film series did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

MCU: Aunt May, Ned Leeds/Ganke (I'll give he's closer to Ganke than comic Ned Leeds), Betty Brant, MJ (Their Version of Mary Jane), Liz Allan, Flash Thompson, Roger Harrington, Sally Avril, Jason Ionello and J. Jonah Jameson. Total 10 in 2 films.

Raimi: Aunt May, Uncle Ben, Mary Jane Watson, Harry Osborn, Gwen Stacy, J. Jonah Jameson, Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, George Stacy, and Curt Connors. Total 11 in 3 Films.

Webb Films: Aunt May, Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy, George Stacy, Richard & Mary Parker, and Harry Osborn. Total 7 in 2 films.

MCU: Vulture, Tinkerer, 2 Versions of Shocker, Prowler, Scorpion, Mysterio, and the Elementals (Versions of Hydro-Man, Sandman, Molten Man, and Cyclone.). Total 11 in 2 Films.

The MCU Spider-Man films have had more comic based Spider-Man characters than other film series did.
    Even when you take out MJ and Ned (which I think you should) it is still the most.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yea I'm the complete opposite i didn't like Maguire at all in the role. Spiderman 2 was the best film from that trilogy and that plot is so easy to pick apart. But Molina brought an amazing performance to the character and Raimi wasn't afraid to be a comicbook movie unlike other superhero movies of that time. I wish Holland was more of a wise ass in the suit,like Garfield was. But I'd take him over Maguire any day. I do dislike the over reliance of Tony Stark thus far but Far from Home depending on the day might be my favorite live action Spiderman movie . Anyway for me ill take Hollands Peter and Garfield Spiderman in the suit. Maguire just aways came across weird to me, how people felt when they saw him acting weird in Spiderman 3 . With the dancing and gun fingers at people. I felt that way about his take on Peter all the time. Just wasn't for me. Also I prefer the villians from the MCU. Vulture was 100x better then he deserved to be and Mysterio aswell. I loved Norman from raimis films but hated what they did with Green Goblin. Doc Ock was well acted but if people are crying about comic accuracy(Not you ) that was way off. Like most Raimais villians he wasn't a bad guy. He was evil by circumstance. Worked great for the story just talking about the accuracy, since that's the other posters biggest complaint. Other then Garfields comedic timing in the suit TASM movies were pretty awful imo. Anyway yea if Spiderman leaves the MCU Holland probaly isn't going anywhere. You will just get Holland in a continuation of the movies without Feige as a producer or any MCU references or characters. Which could be great who knows. But they made 3 shitty Spiderman films in a row before the mcu(Live action of course spiderverse was great. )
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-10-2020 at 12:50 AM.

BANNED

[/B].
    You miscounted for Spiderman 1,2 and 3. Importantly it is how the characters are used not who made a cameo. its quality not quantity. The villains in the MCU Spiderman movies have a bigger back story with Iron Man, Raimi used his Rogues Gallery better.

Holland is going to drown more, why does he need mentor with dr strange? This is the reason Raimi movies would never be topped because in Raimi movies, Ben serving as his mentor and dying leaving peter to figure things out as person is superior and complex story arc compared to Holland. Someone is still telling him what to do 24/7 since Disney has to keep reminding he is kid.

Its going to be hilarious though very welcoming if Spiderverse 2 introduces Peter as a father working on his marriage with MJ, while Holland is still stuck in high school taking orders from his supposed mentors even though in the comics he has had a harder life than any of his mentors.

Just N to the NO. The basic Spiderman comics and characters created a new york city world told mostly from Spiderman POV only. the basic Spiderman characters does not make you wish you want to find out more about other marvel characters like Iron man and wolverine who are mostly minding their own business and often run into Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I'm the complete opposite i didn't like Maguire at all in the role. Spiderman 2 was the best film from that trilogy and that plot is so easy to pick apart. But Molina brought an amazing performance to the character and Raimi wasn't afraid to be a comicbook movie unlike other superhero movies of that time. I wish Holland was more of a wise ass in the suit,like Garfield was. But I'd take him over Maguire any day. I do dislike the over reliance of Tony Stark thus far but Far from Home depending on the day might be my favorite live action Spiderman movie . Anyway for me ill take Hollands Peter and Garfield Spiderman in the suit. Maguire just aways came across weird to me, how people felt when they saw him acting weird in Spiderman 3 . With the dancing and gun fingers at people. I felt that way about his take on Peter all the time. Just wasn't for me. Also I prefer the villians from the MCU. Vulture was 100x better then he deserved to be and Mysterio aswell. I loved Norman from raimis films but hated what they did with Green Goblin. Doc Ock was well acted but if people are crying about comic accuracy(Not you ) that was way off. Like most Raimais villians he wasn't a bad guy. He was evil by circumstance. Worked great for the story just talking about the accuracy, since that's the other posters biggest complaint. Other then Garfields comedic timing in the suit TASM movies were pretty awful imo. Anyway yea if Spiderman leaves the MCU Holland probaly isn't going anywhere. You will just get Holland in a continuation of the movies without Feige as a producer or any MCU references or characters. Which could be great who knows. But they made 3 shitty Spiderman films in a row before the mcu(Live action of course spiderverse was great. )
    Eh, how you feel about McGuire is how I feel about Holland. Either way I just want a new actor out of the MCU. It's not going to happen, and I understand that, but I don't have to like it.
    I can no longer get excited for Spider-Man in live action. But I still have the Spider-Verse. At least that's something.

You miscounted for Spiderman 1,2 and 3. Importantly it is how the characters are used not who made a cameo. its quality not quantity. The villains in the MCU Spiderman movies have a bigger back story with Iron Man, Raimi used his Rogues Gallery better.

Holland is going to drown more, why does he need mentor with dr strange? This is the reason Raimi movies would never be topped because in Raimi movies, Ben serving as his mentor and dying leaving peter to figure things out as person is superior and complex story arc compared to Holland. Someone is still telling him what to do 24/7 since Disney has to keep reminding he is kid.

Its going to be hilarious though very welcoming if Spiderverse 2 introduces Peter as a father working on his marriage with MJ, while Holland is still stuck in high school taking orders from his supposed mentors even though in the comics he has had a harder life than any of his mentors.

Just N to the NO. The basic Spiderman comics and characters created a new york city world told mostly from Spiderman POV only. the basic Spiderman characters does not make you wish you want to find out more about other marvel characters like Iron man and wolverine who are mostly minding their own business and often run into Spiderman.
    There's many flaws with the MCU Spider-Man, but the high school age and setting aren't one of them. The animated Spectacular Spider-Man show proved that. He works just fine in high school.

BANNED

It's not even from a Spider-Family/supporting cast, faithful adaptation, comic fan point of view. Holland just bores me and the plots aren't interesting to me and they just don't feel as good. I'm a hundred times more excited for more Spider-Verse sequels than MCU Spider-Man movies.

Probably my most traditional comic book fan complaint about MCU Spider-Man is they just couldn't resist throwing away his secret identity in the last film. Seriously, why the hate for secret identities from the MCU? It's ridiculous.
    The plot was never going to be interesting if you have already seen every other live action adaptation. Spiderman has more live action adaption than any other marvel IP.

I don't know with the fight scenes, it meh or okay. Raimi set the bar so high with his own fight scenes also Disney's censorship does not help Holland when he fights. I cannot see Holland trying to stop a train in Spiderman 2 or getting into a fight with William Dafoe's Goblin. the power, rawness, emotions and genius VFX prop Maguire and Rami brought to that train scene, is still the one of the best scene I have seen in any movie.

A very real complain but not a surprise, when you remember how Iron Man revealed himself in the first film. Maybe Disney feels secret identities in the MCU is not relatable for kids.

The plot was never going to be interesting if you have already seen every other live action adaptation. Spiderman has more live action adaption than any other marvel IP.
    In DC Batman has had about as many appearances, and yet his next film looks interesting (to me anyways). Spider-man has hundreds if not thousands of stories in books, and we still get worthwhile plots. This is not an acceptable excuse. Peter Parker only has two to three great plots? I disagree.

I don't know with the fight scenes, it meh or okay. Raimi set the bar so high with his own fight scenes also Disney's censorship does not help Holland when he fights. I cannot see Holland trying to stop a train in Spiderman 2 or getting into a fight with William Dafoe's Goblin. the power, rawness, emotions and genius VFX prop Maguire and Rami brought to that train scene, is still the one of the best scene I have seen in any movie.
    I've noticed no censorship, I see no reason why Holland's
    Spider-Man wouldn't try to stop the train, and I thought the fight against Mysterio was good.

A very real complain but not a surprise, when you remember how Iron Man revealed himself in the first film. Maybe Disney feels secret identities in the MCU is not relatable for kids.
    What happened in Iron Man shouldn't forever set the rule here. And I don't think it's Disney, I think it's Kevin Feige.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Even when you take out MJ and Ned (which I think you should) it is still the most.
    I agree he's Ned in name only and he now dated Betty too I guess. After seeing the actor with a shaved head I really thought they should had made him Kong from Ultimate Spider-Man comics instead of Ned/Ganke. Kong was even Asian in the animated show Spectacular Spider-Man as was Ned ironically.

As for MJ I agree and somewhat disagree after Homecoming I thought she was nothing like Mary Jane and prayed either Liz would come back or Gwen would be introduced but after Far From Home I think she resembles (In Personality) Ultimate Mary Jane and she grew on me but I respect the opinion she should be removed.

I agree he's Ned in name only and he now dated Betty too I guess. After seeing the actor with a shaved head I really thought they should had made him Kong from Ultimate Spider-Man comics instead of Ned/Ganke. Kong was even Asian in the animated show Spectacular Spider-Man as was Ned ironically.

As for MJ I agree and somewhat disagree after Homecoming I thought she was nothing like Mary Jane and prayed either Liz would come back or Gwen would be introduced but after Far From Home I think she resembles (In Personality) Ultimate Mary Jane and she grew on me but I respect the opinion she should be removed.
    He's such a physical/personality match for Ganke though.

Michelle is basically MJ if they exchanged her party girl facade for a "too cool for school" facade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's such a physical/personality match for Ganke though.

Michelle is basically MJ if they exchanged her party girl facade for a "too cool for school" facade.
    My issue with him being Ned/But is really Ganke is Peter does have a massive supporting cast to draw from in both 616 and 1610 versions while Ganke is Mile's big standout for his friends and if Miles ever does get a live action film most of the general public will think Ganke is a Ned rip off instead of vice versa. So when I saw him with a shaved head I was like why not Kong?