Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Odin isn’t exactly father of the year either. Not saying he’s the worst, but he should be up there.
    I thought so too but now i feel for the guy even though he is a bad father. Jason Aaron did a great job with his inner monologue during his fight with Thor in Thor #10 the Fathers and Sons issue during the beginning of the War of the Realm. I found that issue sad and heartbreaking when Aaron highlighted Odin's overwhelming love for his son but his inability to show it or stop the cycle of abuse
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-26-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I really hate that retcon. He wasn't depicted like that before. Sure there wasn't much about him, but there was never abuse before that. He just worked hard and then died. But there needs to be more good fathers.

I'm pretty sure Clint losing his hearing to an arrow is still canon... unless they retconned something there.
    Where did that come from, anyways? I thought Clint and his brother were orphans who ran away to join the circus (which gets more unbelievable as time goes on, lol.)

Oh Odin defiantly should be on this list. Unlike Logan, who didn't know any of the children he killed, Odin knew his kids and choose to keep their true parentage a secret from themselves or to everyone else. He never told Balder he was his father even though everyone but him knew. Female Loki had to tell Balder while Thor had to clean up the mess. Angela was kidnapped and he never went after her or told Thor about his older sister. He ignored Tyr and his other two sons haven't been seen in decades (Vidar and Hermod). Have they even been reborn during JMS run? And poor Frigga, the mother of at least three of his sons, haven't been seen even longer. Thanks to Fraction she's been tangled up with Freyja -- A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GODDESS!!!!

It's all about Thor and Loki all the time and everyone knows how he treats them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Scott Summers. Absolute **** father. Runs out on his wife and kid when his dead GF returns, and then when they vanish he barely looks for them. Then when he does finally find his son instead of leaving the insane life he is living with X-Factor he just drags his kid into it which leads to him being infected with the TO virus and having to be sent to the future. Just a totally garbage dad who never but the needs of his kids over his need to play superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Scott Summers. Absolute **** father. Runs out on his wife and kid when his dead GF returns, and then when they vanish he barely looks for them. Then when he does finally find his son instead of leaving the insane life he is living with X-Factor he just drags his kid into it which leads to him being infected with the TO virus and having to be sent to the future. Just a totally garbage dad who never but the needs of his kids over his need to play superhero.
    Yeah, Scott was a horrible father at first, but he did make up for it with Jean all thanks to Rachel (the daughter they don't deserve). Both he and Jean raised Nate up as Slim and Red and because of that Wi-Fi loves to hang out with mom and pops, fighting extra-dimensional aliens on space stations.
    Has Logan spent anytime with his kids (when not killing them)? Has he even brought it up to the council to bring the mutant ones back to life now that he knows how many he had? Talk about deadbeat.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Yeah, Scott was a horrible father at first, but he did make up for it with Jean all thanks to Rachel (the daughter they don't deserve). Both he and Jean raised Nate up as Slim and Red and because of that Wi-Fi loves to hang out with mom and pops, fighting extra-dimensional aliens on space stations.
    Has Logan spent anytime with his kids (when not killing them)? Has he even brought it up to the council to bring the mutant ones back to life now that he knows how many he had? Talk about deadbeat.
    Let the individual character records of fatherhood stand on their own there is no need for comparisons here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Let the individual character records of fatherhood stand on their own there is no need for comparisons here.
    Sorry. LOL. My bad. Well Odin is still my pick, followed by Logan. Get all those kids on the Five's list, LOGAN!! if they ever get the resurrection back online.

Vision neglected his first set of children, denied their existence, created a whole new family instead of trying to form some semblance of relationship with the two kids he already had out there.

Mighty Member

I'm pretty sure Clint losing his hearing to an arrow is still canon... unless they retconned something there.
    Clint's first hearing loss was because he activated a hypersonic arrowhead in his ear to block mind control sounds from Crossfire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    With the latest revelation that Howard Stark was/is an agent of Mephisto. I wanna dedicate this thread to dishonourable shitty fathers in the Marvel Universe.

1. Brian Banner; Brian Banner is an alcoholic who abused both his son and wife. He was violent and liked tormenting his son and wife. He eventually killed his wife infront of his son. Basically, the worst father in marvel imho. Not only was Bruce abused as a kid but also later in life Brian came back to haunt him. The abuse that Bruce suffered was the main factor of his eventual transformation into the Hulk and DID.

2. Harold Barton; Another alcoholic, his abuse led to Clint losing his hearing (I could be wrong but I think it was because of the abuse) he would just abuse his kids daily. I don’t think we know if the mom was abused but I would assume.

3. Howard Stark; Alcoholic too, he abused Tony A LOT (I’m not so sure about physical abuse) but definitely emotional and psychological torment. Constantly shaming Tonys “masculinity”. Forcing a 7 years old Tony to drink bourbon. Controlled Tonys dating life. On top of that, he adopted Tony as a decoy to protect his biological son. AND tried selling Tony to Dracula AND is mephistos agent ( the last two could be a sham since it’s an ongoing plot but I included it)

4. Joseph Rogers; umm I don’t think we know much about him beside the fact he abused Steve and his mom all the time.

I’m missing tons of shitty fathers from Emma’s father to Carols’ father. I could include Odin but imo Odin deserves his own thread cuz he is a godly *******.

Clearly Marvel loves Fathers!
    I say Brian or Howard takes the cake but let’s discuss Fathers!
    Damn. Nathaniel Richards is coming out smelling like Roses.

Niffleheim

Sorry. LOL. My bad. Well Odin is still my pick, followed by Logan. Get all those kids on the Five's list, LOGAN!! if they ever get the resurrection back online.
    Odin is my pick too but at least his story is much more fleshed out as a character than the other fathers in the Marvel Universe.

Has nobody seriously mentioned Charles Xavier yet?
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Howard Stark's representation is all over the place.

I really hate that retcon. He wasn't depicted like that before. Sure there wasn't much about him, but there was never abuse before that. He just worked hard and then died. But there needs to be more good fathers.

I remember they added bigotry to Iceman's dad after he was portrayed as a good guy in Bobby's origin story.
    "Cable was right!"

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Kind of hard to compete with Brian Banner. Norman Osborn would be the closest, I'd say.

Odin, I don't know. He's just a dumbass, which is normal for norse gods.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Oh Odin defiantly should be on this list. Unlike Logan, who didn't know any of the children he killed, Odin knew his kids and choose to keep their true parentage a secret from themselves or to everyone else. He never told Balder he was his father even though everyone but him knew. Female Loki had to tell Balder while Thor had to clean up the mess. Angela was kidnapped and he never went after her or told Thor about his older sister. He ignored Tyr and his other two sons haven't been seen in decades (Vidar and Hermod). Have they even been reborn during JMS run? And poor Frigga, the mother of at least three of his sons, haven't been seen even longer. Thanks to Fraction she's been tangled up with Freyja -- A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GODDESS!!!!

It's all about Thor and Loki all the time and everyone knows how he treats them.
    Logan knew Daken and killed him by drowning him in a puddle.

And nobody but Odin, Frigga, Thor and Loki knew Balder was an Odinson and it was kept secret due to the threat of Ragnarok. Odin didn't know Angela was kidnapped, he thought she was murdered and in revenge sealed off Heven. And Tyr being an Odinson is a fairly recent retcon.