Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I just recieved a Man-thing omnibus from amazon seller Cuppycakes. it was listed as new (unused). Here are some pics:

It bothers me, but I'm resisting the urge to ask for a partial refund because I feel like I'm being too picky. what would you guys do in this scenario?
    You're not being too picky. I would email them and let them know about the damage and see what they propose. You've got nothing to lose. I always contact the seller if it bothers me and eventually always get some kind of refund.

Incredible Member

That's definitely not New or even Like New condition by Amazon's own standards. It's Very Good at best. Depending on the price you paid you might contact the seller and see what they say.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Both my B&N 3for2/Black Friday orders finally arrived (fyi in Poland).

The first order put in on Nov 27 was for 3 “$125” Marvel Omnibuses.
    All 3 books arrived together in one big box which was in a large postal sack. No padding whatsoever, just thrown in, with one piece of tape holding the badly torn box together. Unfortunately, the Omnibuses had some dings. One had a very slightly torn dust jacket and another one had a cracked board cover corner, whereas the third Omnibus on further inspection turned out to be ok. After emailing them, they initially offered me a paltry 10% discount of around $15 off the whole order. I was unimpressed and after a couple of weeks and quite a few emails with “customer service’, someone from “customer care” finally contacted me. Anyway, to cut a long story short with regards to my further lengthy email correspondence with them (placing new orders, replacements etc.), they gave me a refund on the most expensive book (incl. shipping) of around $89, so I ended up paying for only the cheapest Omnibus (incl. shipping) and keeping all 3 Omnibuses.

The second order put in on Nov 30 consisted of two “$125” Marvel Omnibuses and one Absolute.
    Each one came separately and was packaged differently. The first Omnibus came in a cardboard “wrap” and in a large postal sack, Overall, it was fine but with a few slightly bent paper corners. The second Omnibus came in a box a little too large with 2 inflated air bags which were of no help at all and also in a large postal sack. The dust jacket was slightly creased on an edge or two but nothing really of note with maybe a corner ding. The Absolute came in its own DC white box (thankfully!) with 3 deflated air bags in a large box and also in a large postal sack. The Absolute was in perfect condition. I’m pretty happy with these 3 books and probably won’t be contacting B&N further.

There is no logic in B&N’s packaging and shipping at all as one order of 3 books was sent in one box, whereas the second order of 3 books was split into three. I of course told them that they would save a lot of hassle in the form of complaints and refunds, if they just took a little extra care and packaged their books better. Anyway, this probably fell on deaf ears. Will I be ordering from them again? At this point, I’m not sure. They did kind of come through in the end and with their 3for2+Black Friday deals they are still one of the cheapest options available for Europeans. A lot depends on whether they’ll have anything I want and at what price.

Yep, after seeing soooo many negative opinions about their service I didn't order anything from them. Maybe next year.

007 girl.

So I'm going through some packages that arrived (I am behind on opening them)....

Get this...

An ebay vendor sent me a comic with a backing board. Okay, cool.

Now here's the packaging.

Not an envelope. Looks like he folded a brown paper bag from the grocery, taped the sides, slapped on a printed ebay USPS label and a 'do not bend or fold' sticker and put my comic in the mail like that. Nothing to protect the comic except a backing board.

I can't believe this.

Unbelievably, it arrived safely, it wasn't bent but was quite fragile. The slightest heavy parcel could have damaged it.

It was a high-grade 60s Batman. I'll post pics after I open some of the others.

But this seller gets an F for packaging. Looking at his feedback, only a sprinkling of comics amidst other collectibles like old tv guides, dolls etc...clearly doesn't know about putting comics in the mail.
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 01-12-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    So I'm going through some packages that arrived (I am behind on opening them)....

Get this...

Not an envelope. Looks like he folded a brown paper bag from the grocery, taped the sides, slapped on a printed ebay USPS label and a 'do not bend or fold' sticker and put my comic in the mail like that. Nothing to protect the comic except a backing board.

I can't believe this.

Unbelievably, it arrived safely, it wasn't bent but was quite fragile. The slightest heavy parcel could have damaged it.

But this seller gets an F for packaging. Looking at his feedback, only a sprinkling of comics amidst other collectibles like old tv guides, dolls etc...clearly doesn't know about putting comics in the mail.
    Thats pretty funny. Im glad your comic arrived okay, if I were you I would message him and tell him to improve his packaging or it might cost him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post

Get this...

I can't believe this.

I guess common sense isn't so common. I would say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I'm glad it showed up in good condition and I'm looking forward to seeing some picks.

Now I know why you all do not like to order books from Amazon.

I just received a four book order where three of the books shipped together, and the fourth book shipped on its own, in its own packaging.
    The box with the three books in it?
    They were just placed in the box with two of those thin plastic air pocket pad things sitting on top of the books.
    Nothing on the sides. Nothing on the bottom.
    One of the books was an omnibus and the other two were regular HCs.
    The books are okay, but STILL.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Now I know why you all do not like to order books from Amazon.

I just received a four book order where three of the books shipped together, and the fourth book shipped on its own, in its own packaging.
    The box with the three books in it?
    They were just placed in the box with two of those thin plastic air pocket pad things sitting on top of the books.
    Nothing on the sides. Nothing on the bottom.
    Lucky you. I too had a package arrive today. Four books. Not even a miserable air pillow in my box. Can't believe all four books arrived in good condition all the way from across the ocean. I get the shivers whenever Amazon ships a bunch of my books together, as I usually get the odd ding here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lucky you. I too had a package arrive today. Four books. Not even a miserable air pillow in my box. Can't believe all four books arrived in good condition all the way from across the ocean. I get the shivers whenever Amazon ships a bunch of my books together, as I usually get the odd ding here and there.

I believe mine were okay because they didn't have far to travel. Had they had to travel far? That big omnibus would have not only gotten damaged, but would have undoubtedly damaged all the other books in the box as well. Especially after UPS would have had their hired elephant use it as a chair and kick it around some in the back of the truck.

The only upside is how willing they are to replace a damaged item. Unlike B&N, which can be hit or miss for some people. My only concern would be a hard to find/rare item that can't be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    The only upside is how willing they are to replace a damaged item. Unlike B&N, which can be hit or miss for some people. My only concern would be a hard to find/rare item that can't be replaced.
    Most of the things I order through Amazon come directly through Amazon, and they usually have plenty in stock or have access to more.
    Anything out of print that I buy, comes from a third party seller, and those typically know how to package their stuff pretty well.
    But I am super glad I didn't have to return my books.
    I still won't be placing a multiple book order with them again. If I want more than one book, and I want to get it from Amazon, I'll be placing separate orders so that my books arrive individually.

Most of the things I order through Amazon come directly through Amazon, and they usually have plenty in stock or have access to more.
    Anything out of print that I buy, comes from a third party seller, and those typically know how to package their stuff pretty well.
    But I am super glad I didn't have to return my books.
    I still won't be placing a multiple book order with them again. If I want more than one book, and I want to get it from Amazon, I'll be placing separate orders so that my books arrive individually.
    It's harder to do if you don't have Prime Membership, but personally, I usually only buy comics from Amazon if there's a sale going on; like the discount code they had available during the holidays. My last order came wrapped in plastic with a cardboard backing. Pretty damn amazing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    It's harder to do if you don't have Prime Membership, but personally, I usually only buy comics from Amazon if there's a sale going on; like the discount code they had available during the holidays. My last order came wrapped in plastic with a cardboard backing. Pretty damn amazing to see.
    Really???
    I have NEVER had a book purchased directly through amazon arrive wrapped like that.

Really???
    I have NEVER had a book purchased directly through amazon arrive wrapped like that.
    Yep, it was a wish list order for Xmas requested by my brother. I ended up ordering a book, The Complete Essex County and All I Need Is Kill. They were all generally the same size so they were stacked and wrapped in plastic. It was strange too, because it looked like it was custom wrapped to that specific size and not haphazardly rolled up in plastic. The box was the perfect size to. I almost took a picture, but wasn't in the mood at the time. Too late sadly, as it's trash now.

My order before that had a rubber band wrapped around it lol. It held Planetary Omnibus and a random book together in a slightly too large box.