Page 278 of 374 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Questionable writing is the issue. In both this crossover and said finale, the writers make a deliberate decision to have Clark defer to Kara as the number one.
    It made sense to me - not necessarily because she is, but because it's Clark! Clark Kent is a humble and gracious man. He would never say that he's #1 - he would just be so proud of her that of course he'd find reasons for her to seem better than him, just as Kara would find reasons for Clark to be #1.(and did so the first two seasons) They're family and love each other. It's not a pissing contest for them, so why let it be one for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Great episode, but a shame Red Daughter didn't finish Lockwood.

Anyways, another 3 weeks break >.<
    I was expecting that to have happened since we have Lex as the main attraction, but I guess there are still plans for him.

I'm really surprised J'onn just up and left in the middle of this crisis - with Lex still on the loose if nothing else. That's just really inconsiderate. The stones could have waited.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not exactly what happened.

Wally's speed was progressing at a faster rate then Barry's did when he first started out but I don't think he was ever definitively stated to be faster then Barry.

It also became a moot point once Barry came back from the Speed Force with a speed upgrade and they had Wally outright say Barry was running faster then he'd ever gone.

Wally being faster then Barry wasn't the issue the writers had, they just had trouble figuring out how to come up with believable plots and problems when there are two active Speedsters running around. They have enough trouble coming up for believable difficulties for just one Speedster.

He showed up a lot more then Clark since he was Barry's sidekick.
    You know, you're right. I remembered what they said in Season 3, and I never even bothered to finish season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I was expecting that to have happened since we have Lex as the main attraction, but I guess there are still plans for him.

I'm really surprised J'onn just up and left in the middle of this crisis - with Lex still on the loose if nothing else. That's just really inconsiderate. The stones could have waited.
    That did feel out of left field. Considering how he's stated he wants to be there for Kara and Alex, given the vision he had of them dead, and given that at the top of this very episode, he was trying to help track down Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Not really, for a couple of reasons:

1) Consistent feats on-panel will always count way more than off-panel pseudo-sci-fi reasoning. Kal has way more and way better feats on-panel than Kara does.

But, even if we use the pseudo-sci-fi reasoning, in most origins:

2.) Kal's been mainlining yellow sun radiation since infancy, while Kara only started during puberty

3.) Kal is an adult male with considerably more mass (235 lbs for Kal vs 115 lbs for Kara), so he simply has twice the number of cells guzzling yellow sun radiation than she does.
    Doesn't matter how long each one has been accumulating yellow sun. Once they Solar Flared they lost all their energy and powers. So the only thing that counts is which one Solar Flared last, that one being the weaker one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That did feel out of left field. Considering how he's stated he wants to be there for Kara and Alex, given the vision he had of them dead, and given that at the top of this very episode, he was trying to help track down Lex.
    J'onn did leave before he knew Red Daughter trashed the White House though, so he didn't realize it would be urgent he stuck around and probably thought saving the sacred text was a more pressing matter. It sets up Kara as
    being the only superpowered being to deal with Red Daughter, until maybe it is revealed that James has superpowers and James can fight her too.

Extraordinary Member

Luv how Jonn realized who he was again by connecting to his father. He has one the best character arcs I've seen on T.V. Keeps me coming back to this show. And Alex is hot too.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-03-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Fun episode, stupid fighting when Metallo 2 shows up. Kara as usual stands there stupefied until she gets knocked on her can. Forgets all her powers as usual. Although, the trap in the suit was neat.
    The stun guns are stupid when fighting potential supervillians, though. Too politically correct for a government agency. Heat vision having kinetic impact - shouldn't work that way - as is the idea you can block a beam of energy by shooting another beam into it. You might be able to divert a beam with some incredibly intense magnetic or gravitational fields - which would total the environment.

I like the plot, forget the trivia. The ironic thing is that Lena and government is correct that they need to tool up to defend the country against super threat. Given Red, I'd have cop carrying a mag of Kryptonite hollow points.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Fun episode, stupid fighting when Metallo 2 shows up. Kara as usual stands there stupefied until she gets knocked on her can. Forgets all her powers as usual. Although, the trap in the suit was neat.
    The stun guns are stupid when fighting potential supervillians, though. Too politically correct for a government agency. Heat vision having kinetic impact - shouldn't work that way - as is the idea you can block a beam of energy by shooting another beam into it. You might be able to divert a beam with some incredibly intense magnetic or gravitational fields - which would total the environment.

I like the plot, forget the trivia. The ironic thing is that Lena and government is correct that they need to tool up to defend the country against super threat. Given Red, I'd have cop carrying a mag of Kryptonite hollow points.
    I think the heat vision is a concentrated photon blast, like a laser beam, that is a manifestation of X-Ray vision. The heat vision being related to X-Ray vision was explained in the 1950s TV show Adventures of Superman. And light
    does have the ability to exert force on an object. As powerful as heat vision is, it should exert a tremendous force on an object. If you are referring to Supergirl vs Metallo, I think Metallo's energy blast is a concentrated beam of kryptonite
    particles. As such Kara's heat vision photons should be able to deflect and perhaps even destroy the kryptonite particles. On Star Trek their phasors could be set to stun and no one complained about that so I don't see why this is a problem for Supergirl. Sounds like a double standard or criticism for the sake of criticism or a pro gun political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think the heat vision is a concentrated photon blast, like a laser beam, that is a manifestation of X-Ray vision. The heat vision being related to X-Ray vision was explained in the 1950s TV show Adventures of Superman. And light
    does have the ability to exert force on an object. As powerful as heat vision is, it should exert a tremendous force on an object. If you are referring to Supergirl vs Metallo, I think Metallo's energy blast is a concentrated beam of kryptonite
    particles. As such Kara's heat vision photons should be able to deflect and perhaps even destroy the kryptonite particles. On Star Trek their phasors could be set to stun and no one complained about that so I don't see why this is a problem for Supergirl. Sounds like a double standard or criticism for the sake of criticism or a pro gun political agenda.
    Interesting- did they ever show Superman using his heat vision on the fifties show?🤔

Astonishing Member

That's horse poop physics in our universe. Complete nonsense. On Star Trek, they didn't hesitate to disintegrate someone if called for. The comics and then the shows picked up the don't kill mantra after the introduction of the Comics code. Agenda - why Supergirl is one of the most political agenda shows of the current Arrowverse shows. Not that it bothers me unless it takes over from reasonable plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Interesting- did they ever show Superman using his heat vision on the fifties show?��
    I can't cite any specific examples off the top of my head but he would use it to burn papers or heat up a gun until it was too hot to handle. With the state of effects at the time and the extremely low budget of the show it
    wasn't used that often. But one advantage of his heat vision being a manifestation of his X-Ray vision is he could send it through objects without harming them and the heat vision would only affect the intended target.
    Something that Superman and Supergirl seem to have lost the ability to do in more modern incarnations.

Astonishing Member

On the show, he once tried to melt a kryptonite bar in a trap he was caught in. In the 50's Superboy used that ability of his X-ray, heat vision to warm up some hot dogs inside buns.

Of course, the physics fans knew that Superman etc. didn't send out a beam of X-rays to see through things as that would make him Cancer Man given 50's X-ray tech as you would have to be in back of the target to see the X-rays that deferentially passed through. Today's back scatter would be different although the EU banned it as also being dangerous.

Heard a Noble Prize winner in vision explain the problems with actually using X-rays for Super-vision. So it's something else, not in the normal x-ray realm of our universe.

The Eve reveal was pretty great, and considering this episode was called "All About Eve", I was hoping we would get more backstory for her. Eve's only motivation is that she has a crush on Lex? That's disappointing. I'd like Lena to convince Eve to switch sides. Hopefully after Supergirl delivers a beatdown to Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Luv how Jonn realized who he was again by connecting to his father. He has one the best character arcs I've seen on T.V. Keeps me coming back to this show. And Alex is hot too.
    I loved J'onn's plot, particularly his declaration that he's the Martian Manhunter. I wonder where it'll take him next. Also, that alien shape shifting race who lost their identity was a crazy story.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I can't cite any specific examples off the top of my head but he would use it to burn papers or heat up a gun until it was too hot to handle. With the state of effects at the time and the extremely low budget of the show it
    wasn't used that often. But one advantage of his heat vision being a manifestation of his X-Ray vision is he could send it through objects without harming them and the heat vision would only affect the intended target.
    Didn't he do that in...was it Superman 3? He was in another room and cooked a chicken in the oven by x-raying through the walls and only heat visioning the chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Interesting- did they ever show Superman using his heat vision on the fifties show?��
    I just watched episode 2 of season 4 of Adventures of Superman and it was confirmed that Superman uses his X-ray vision to heat objects up. In the story a kid doesn't believe he is the real
    Superman so first the kid has Superman bend a horseshoe. Then as further confirmation the kid specifically tell Superman to use his X-ray vision to melt the horseshoe (not heat vision) and
    Superman obliges by turning the horseshoe into a puddle of metal. No beams emanates from Superman's eyes, he sees the horseshoe is in using the effect the show used to
    demonstrate Superman using X-ray vision and we see the horseshoe melting.

Mighty Member

I like how they showed Lex's secret lab in his prison cell.