Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Don't you(Forget About Me).

No there really shall be another music thread. These songs don't sound 'uncool' or 'unhip'. How to decide what is 'unhip' and 'uncool'? And i am not even embarrassed to begin with.
    I think it's a sign that people are a bit more open-minded now about popular music than they were in the past, and fewer styles of music and performers come up for automatic derision as they might have a generation or two ago. This is a good thing, really.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" came on while I was driving the other day. Listening to it with adult ears, it is amazing how great of a song it is. Completely holds up now. Could have came out just the other day.
    We so rarely agree, I should mark this day on the calendar. It is a brilliant pop song. Strong melody, effective lyric, sleek production that is not too deeply rooted in its time. Some reggae influences and a little bit of soul.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I wouldn't say I was ''embarrassed'' as I don't really care about whether or not a song is popular if I like it but I quite enjoyed ''Barbie Girl'' back in the day. Haven't listened to it for a while though LOL.

Boy George is a pleasure I WANT to be guilty of:

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Toxin is an awesome song, and one of the few that has crossed into genres that otherwise would be hostile to Britney's music, as there are heavy metal covers of it. STP is a favorite band of mine, though they kind of lost me after their third album. That Belinda Carlisle song is a favorite of mine as well.

Early Christina Aguilera was great. This song should have been a single imo:

Basically, generic rock riffs and non-subtle lyrics dressed up to be profound. Savin' Me, How You Remind Me, and Someday are favorites of mine, though.

Karma Chameleon never gets old.

That video is pretty cringy, but Crue knew how to churn out catchy tunes. Have you checked out Vince Neil's first solo album? I would argue that it's one of the greatest hair metal records of all time.
    I have not heard anything from the Vince Neil solo. I knew one existed but it seemed like as soon as I heard about it, he was back in the band.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    No there really shall be another music thread. These songs don't sound 'uncool' or 'unhip'. How to decide what is 'unhip' and 'uncool'? And i am not even embarrassed to begin with.
    I suggested somewhere else that maybe we could have a "pop music" thread...Maybe we could slightly adjust the title to this one?

Regardless, I'm having fun!

Ok. I'm a late arrival to this thread; but here's my confession:

Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night • TopPop - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKKaKT_dtM
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    Ok. I'm a late arrival to this thread; but here's my confession:

Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night • TopPop - YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BKKaKT_dtM
    Never cared for them, though I recall my parents thinking they were going to be the new Beatles after a special they saw them in back in the '70s. I shook my head then and I still shake it today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I wouldn't say I was ''embarrassed'' as I don't really care about whether or not a song is popular if I like it but I quite enjoyed ''Barbie Girl'' back in the day. Haven't listened to it for a while though LOL.
    Wow really! Your whole post could be the same as mine. I enjoyed Barbie Girl too. Been a while (years) since i heard that. Maybe more then a decade and a half. Fun music.

This maybe the only one which can come close to embarrass me. It can be taken as too 'girlie' and too 'kiddie'. lol.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-28-2018 at 09:25 PM.

BANNED

Not enough Eurovision for an uncool/unhip music thread...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    We so rarely agree, I should mark this day on the calendar. It is a brilliant pop song. Strong melody, effective lyric, sleek production that is not too deeply rooted in its time. Some reggae influences and a little bit of soul.
    Probably more than a "Little Bit".

That was a pretty common thread in quite a bit of UK stuff from the time.

In general I feel like people try to pretend they don't like "I Want It That Way" by The Backstreet Boys, but in college if you were/are on a Cambus at 2:00am-ish and loudly said, "You are... my fire" without fail, the entire bus would sing the song.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Finally thought of something that might actually fit into the "Unhip"/"Uncool". The "Clunker" King Diamond tunes. Sorta "Fun Against All Odds" -

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    In general I feel like people try to pretend they don't like "I Want It That Way" by The Backstreet Boys, but in college if you were/are on a Cambus at 2:00am-ish and loudly said, "You are... my fire" without fail, the entire bus would sing the song.
    No joke, the guy who lived next to me sophomore year used to blast Ashanti and Aaron Carter.