Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Should Damian's sister from Injustice appear in the main continuity?

So I liked Athanasia Al Ghul from Injustice and I think it would be interesting to see her appear in main continuity but for her to have lots of issues with not just Bruce but with Talia and I say this because I think it would be cool for instead of someone going after Bruce for someone to go after Ra's al Ghul and the League of Shadows/Assassins in the same way Batman's enemies have gone after him on multiple levels from the psychological, emotional, and physical level and for us to see Batman just get sucked into the whole mess because Damian was dragged into the whole thing to.

I mean yes I love Batman but I think it would be good to see him in a story where he's not the focus not entirely and the consequences are long lasting like the League of Assassins being permanently fractured/destroyed or something. Essentially my idea is for it to come out that Talia and Ra's tossed Athanasia aside over Damian when he was too young to remember and for the reason being that they felt Athanasia was inferior or something to Damian maybe she was born crippled, sick, or was born with mental issues that made her a pariah among the League and was locked up from her birth or something but she was still able to gain some knowledge about her family and train over the years.

Essentially I'm thinking of a Mask of the Phantasm/Hush/Red Hood type story line where some anonymous foe is targeting Ra's, Talia, and Damian (which is how Batman could get involved) using mercanaries and other famous villains as allies/decoys and for the entire arc to be about destroying and torturing the al Ghul family with a rebooted Phantasm as the antagonist. I like Phantasm because I remember a line from Batman Beyond where Bruce says to Ra's that he doesn't fear death but wimpers and that's why I think a grim reaper like foe would really mess with Ra's especially if his empire was collapsing around him and he had no idea who was doing it. At the same time I like the idea of Ra's coming to the realization that he could have had a perfect heir but because of his and Talia's actions said heir wanted nothing to do with him and would rather destroy him and create a new legacy.

A sister maybe, but from a different father.

Incredible Member

No more kids with Talia please. One is bad enough.

If he has to have another kid, let it be Helena, born and raised from his actual real relationship with Selina, his true love. She can be sister to Damian.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Sure, why not. We only just have our maybe fifth thread about whether the Batman family is too big or not

No more kids anywhere near Batman or his supporting cast. I'm gonna shoot myself if I have to pretend I care about any of the Bat children other than Babs and Dick.

If the character is one villain and that canīt change. in my opinion I think that we have enough with 1 Talia to want another. Why want a Terrible Mother and a Terrible sister for Damian?

If her existence involves redemption I can only say that..

We donīt need more Batfamily. We have a lot of people here.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-29-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Yes, although I'm unsure if Bruce should be her bio daddy. There are storytelling pluses and minuses for each possibility.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

If you want to take Doomsday Clock's ending at face value, a sister of Damian is appearing in the future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    No more kids with Talia please. One is bad enough.

If he has to have another kid, let it be Helena, born and raised from his actual real relationship with Selina, his true love. She can be sister to Damian.
    I don't get you shippers.

Edit: And back in the day Talia was his one true love. Can we please stop pretending like Selina is Bruce's Lois Lane. She's not.
    Last edited by Ansa; 12-30-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

Edit: And back in the day Talia was his one true love. Can we please stop pretending like Selina is Bruce's Lois Lane. She's not.
    She is though.

Athanasia Al Ghul could work as a villian/supporting character. Damian having a sister who faced similiar experiences to him but is still firmly under control of the league or wanting revenge on anyone associated with the league could be interesting. We kinda have that already with his cousin Mara so alternatively she could be used in such a role. I think it would be nice to see Damian try and influence his sister or cousin and try to free them from the league. Could get alot of emotional stories out of it I think.

My one concern is that writers would turn her good too quickly and you would end up with a situation where you have a second damian in the Batfamily who is a bit redundant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    She is though.
    Yeah, sure. I guess I must have imagined Bruce having one of the highest numbers of romances in the dc universe then.

No, she should not. Don't generally like personal connections between hero and villain, and really dislike ones retconned in later instead of part of the hero's premise. As for personal connections to a villain, and Damian already has relatives to play that role. Batfam is big enough to not need new members, but I'd vote in Helena Kyle (not Wayne, not Bruce's bio kid) first, if new members were being accepted (and I'd have her too young to sidekick). And I don't like Injustice (so not in to Evil Supes).
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-30-2019 at 04:53 AM.

I think she would work alot better when Damian is slightly older.

Eventually Damian will be aged out of the Robin role and will take on a new identity (probably not in the foreseeable future) I think that would be the perfect time for some sort of league of assassins civil war storyline. Have Damian leading a good faction. Talia, Ra's, Nyssa etc could all have their own factions too. Could have part of the story be Damian trying to win over his sister.

She could make a really interesting character in any league of assassins based Damian book post Robin. Not sure they would want to go down that direction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

Remember when Vicky Vale was his OTL ?