Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Firehawk: original or Nu52 version. Both are great (although I do kind of like the nu52 version better)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He hasn't made any appearances after his series was cancelled.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, Firehawk (love her visual, with the fire wings!) and Captain Comet (who I remember fondly from the old Secret Society of Super-Villains, when I was a kid, but haven't seen much of since). Great choices!

Then there's all those Milestone/Wildstorm characters. I'd love to see more of Rocket (who I loved in the Young Justice cartoon, along with Aqualad and Artemis and Tye Longshadow and various others), and various other members of the Shadow Cabinet like Iron Butterfly and Twilight. And from Wildstorm, I liked Zealot and Spartan and various other big names, but also some lesser used characters like Serge (gun-toting Jamaican speedster) and Taboo (quasi-mystic bio-armor gave her vampire-like powers), who were my absolute favorites.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, Firehawk (love her visual, with the fire wings!) and Captain Comet (who I remember fondly from the old Secret Society of Super-Villains, when I was a kid, but haven't seen much of since). Great choices!
    If you like Captain Comet you should look for the Mystery in Space mini series from 2006.

Does Adam Strange count? I know he shows up now and then, but not enough for my liking.

Animal Man and Vixen for sure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

He hasn't made any appearances after his series was cancelled.
    Yep. Loved the Mayor of Gotham.

Though in fairness unless DC made some new contract/agreement with Steve Niles (and possibly Scott Hampton?) from what I understand DC doesn't actually own the character, he was a creator owned entity.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yep. Loved the Mayor of Gotham.

Though in fairness unless DC made some new contract/agreement with Steve Niles (and possibly Scott Hampton?) from what I understand DC doesn't actually own the character, he was a creator owned entity.
    I doubt he's creator owned as his book on the main DC imprint and the series took place in Gotham.

Astonishing Member

I doubt he's creator owned as his book on the main DC imprint and the series took place in Gotham.
    Hmmm. I can't find much now but I remember at one point either during the series or a little after it was completed Steve Niles had an interview stating something along the lines that he was considering having Simon Dark continued at another publisher at a later time but believed sales probably didn't warrant it for the time being. So to my knowledge Simon Dark was some kind of creator owned character to at least some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    [DC] always seem[s] to be scratching their heads trying to figure out- how do we make [Captain Marvel] fit in to DC, when they should be looking at how much he is already his own thing.

Speaking of - Lesser Known Characters -The character and world building at Fawcett was extensive, for example Captain Marvel/SHAZAM! doesn't need to join Superman's already established Justice League like some afterthought, he already had has own team.
    Developed right, they should rival the JL.

He doesn't need Superman or Batman to show him or give him the keys to defeat Sivanna or Teth Adam, these solutions should come from Billy, who has a history with his own great gallery of Rogues.
    Also terribly underused by DC.
    Yeah! Exactly. I've been saying for years that DC could put out an ongoing that just takes place in the Shazam universe, and after Multiversity came along and gave them a blueprint and a title (Thunderworld sounds amazing) I just despair that DC still hasn't done it. It's a shame that it even makes sense for Captain Marvel to be in a lesser-known characters thread. It's well known that he outsold the Man of Steel during the golden age. I'd let the main DCU keep Black Adam though-- he fits the aesthetic there better than the rest of the whimsical Marvel Fam.

Anyway, I'm quite a big fan of Wes Dodds from Sandman Mystery Theatre, and Jack Knight from Starman.

Also, Cosmic Boy might be a big enough deal to title a LEGO DTV movie, but he's still not popular enough that people who don't read comics know who he is.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Does Adam Strange count? I know he shows up now and then, but not enough for my liking.
    Too funny I was just about to say Adam Strange aswell, I would say he's "lesser known" at least to non comic junkies.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Hmmm. I can't find much now but I remember at one point either during the series or a little after it was completed Steve Niles had an interview stating something along the lines that he was considering having Simon Dark continued at another publisher at a later time but believed sales probably didn't warrant it for the time being. So to my knowledge Simon Dark was some kind of creator owned character to at least some degree.
    I found this interview with Niles from 4 years and it's made clear that Simon Dark is owned by DC
    http://whatculture.com/comics/20-que...or-steve-niles

If you were offered carte blanche to do anything you wanted at one of the Big Two, without any editorial interference, what would be your ultimate dream story? Was the greatly missed Simon Dark THAT book? Do you even have an urge to go back to that world?

If you asked me this even a few ears ago I would have said the Hulk or Batman but I've decided I don't fit the corporate world. I think corporate culture is one of the most dangerous things in the world today and I just don't want to be a part of it. Whether people like it or not corporations do a lot of damage to people and the world, and I don't want to play even a small part in that. I'm also not a fool. You can't avoid it all in this age, but when I can, I will and for now and in the future I'd rather create my own properties instead of dealing with that world. And yes, I miss Simon Dark a lot, but despite years of trying and various promises, he's still sitting and rotting at DC
    I take it that Niles tried to obtain the rights to the character.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 02-27-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    Too funny I was just about to say Adam Strange aswell, I would say he's "lesser known" at least to non comic junkies.
    I think that's true of a lot of characters- to comic fans we'd almost sit there and go "hey, Adam Strange isn't that unknown!" but then you realize that "unknown" means "wasn't in Super-Friends" and you decide that unknown might not only include Adam Strange and Captain Comet but also like J'onn J'onzz.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

I found this interview with Niles from 4 years and it's made clear that Simon Dark is owned by DC
    http://whatculture.com/comics/20-que...or-steve-niles

I take it that Niles tried to obtain the rights to the character.
    Huh.

http://www.steveniles.com/horror/page/24/

"Steve: I agree a 100%. I wanted to work at Marvel because I loved the characters, but my preference is to do creator-owned books. Mostly that's what I have done. DC was a bit different. They offered me a lot of freedom. With Simon Dark, Scott and I actually owned the character, but he lived in Gotham. I thought that was very cool of them to try."

Maybe something happened a few years after the book ended? But it sounds like he's co-owned by Scott and Steve and it was only two years after the book ended. Hmmm.

Fury (Lyta Trevor)
    Pantha
    Flamebird (Bette Kane)
    Godiva
    Extraño
    Rima
    Madame Fatal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Fury (Lyta Trevor)
    Pantha
    Flamebird (Bette Kane)
    Godiva
    Extraño
    Rima
    Madame Fatal
    It saddens me that Pantha's legacy will be, "The chick that got her head punched off by Superboy-Prime in Infinite Crisis"