Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diana's Hobbies and Interests

This came up over the controversial opions thread, but deserves its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been thinking that myself. What are Diana’s hobbies? Stuff she likes outside of being a hero?
    Some ideas here. She is athletic, competitive, and sporty. Not the person who sits in the audience, but who actually is out there playing or competing. Of course, she is well aware that her training and abilities leave most competitors in the dust, but I can see her participating in equestrian sports or having organised a sports league with traditional Themysciran games within the Justic League.

I also interpret her as an avid reader, especially poetry (in my headcanon Sappho was an Amazon who was outside Themyscira on a mission when Heracles took the Amazons into slavery, and thus were not part of the split between the Themyscirans and the Bana-Mighdall). I'm sure she has tried her hand at poetry, but with which success I have no idea. I can see her being an enthusiastic jury in a poetry slam.

Her education definitely would include music, but I'm not sure it would be a primary interest. Likewise with cooking (and her idea of festive cooking starts with "go out and hunt") and gardening. More likely she has a gardener (possibly as an extra duty for Ferdinand) she works closely with and assists at times. Some basic handicraft would be a possibility, like knitting, lacing, or embroidery. Or wickerwork.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One of the coolest things Diana ever did in the comics was teaching Supergirl martial arts. I'd like to think she does that sort of thing regularly, but I'm not sure how often she actually does.
    Back in the old Birds of Prey comic, Simone had Black Canary go up to the Justice League satellite to have a combination sparring and counselling session.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Sports, especially women's sports.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

My Diana would be a big fan of pro wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    My Diana would be a big fan of pro wrestling.
    08.jpg

Not if this is to be believed. (Though I think this story is sadly non-canon nowadays, delightful as it is. From WW vol 3 #35.)

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    08.jpg

Not if this is to be believed. (Though I think this story is sadly non-canon nowadays, delightful as it is. From WW vol 3 #35.)
    Those were for illegal ones, though.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

She is scientist and inventor like she was originally.

She should be traveling the world looking for ancient artifacts to put in an Amazonian museum.
    Should have some type of princess duties! After watching Meghan Markle doing her duties, I would love seeing Diana in designer and having sister time with Donna.

What would be a hobby she picks up in the outside world? Also wouldn’t she make a good defense teacher? That she helps women and men in her free time?

Extraordinary Member

I tend to imagine Diana as being a workaholic. So I have trouble defining Hobbies for her

Puzzles. I imagine she likes puzzles for some reason.

She'd also probably be really into the arts, but not in an elitist way. She'd also enjoy various kinds of feminist works. I think she'd enjoy that "Fighting with my Family" movie that's coming out, though people who don't know her would be surprised to hear that.

I think Diana would like extreme sports such as skiing off of a mountain cliff and jumping out of a plane only to land hundreds of feet below, skiing as she hits the ground.

Related to this, what would be her idea of a good time with friends?

We know that she can enjoy a good night out clubbing, with dancing, karaoke, and the whole nine yards, like she did in "Ladies Night" (The Brave and the Bold #33), but I think the key point there is with friends. It's not something she'd propose herself. The mingling cocktail party is something that she's learned to do and do well, but it doesn't feel like her style at all.

I think she'd prefer a quiet dinner with close friends. Going to the movies, the theatre, or a concert would probably also be a good option, preferably with a few good friends.

After all, Diana would be regarded as a A+++-list celebrity. To some degree she has been groomed and prepared for that role (much like European royalty), but it still probably has a huge impact on how she handles her social life.

Mighty Member

[Post Omitted]
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 09-20-2019 at 05:16 AM.