Page 112 of 668 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 10010
    BANNED

Oh ****, somebody quoted Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Oh ****, somebody quoted Socrates
    All we are is dust in the wind, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    All we are is dust in the wind, dude.
    Now you're quoting Kansas ? (Yeah, I'm that old to remember that song. )

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Jimmy didn't die, he left on his own. And Bloodstorm got killed when they were off the clock - not something she's responsible for.
    Technically he did. Jimmy died when he got Poison'd. 'Poison' is something wearing him like a skin-suit.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Technically he did. Jimmy died when he got Poison'd. 'Poison' is something wearing him like a skin-suit.
    No, he's still Jimmy. He's a Wolverine and his healing factor kept him alive. His situation is more like a Venom symbiote than Poisons killing their target and taking over

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Thanks Harp! My computer hiccuped after I wrote a crapload combining the Szardos family with the Maximoffs. It eschews paternal mutant and Evolutionary influences for an entirely maternal secret origin. In any case, I need to cooldown and sleep on it if you want the details tomorrow.

Moving forward. You want to hear about combining the Tanaka & Yoshida families? Sunfire & Opal Tanaka? Daken & Silver Samurai? Lady Deathstrike & Matsuo Tsurayaba? Karma & Kwannon? That's just Japan, Vietnam, and Madripoor. I got a bunch of British ideas, and a huge one about combining mutant slave-state Genosha with Mojoverse.
    Man. I like your ideas.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Believe what rumors all yez wishes!

Here's my belief: this precious hairy hide of mine's in PERIL and that's no rumor.

EYES AHEAD!

BANNED

Maddie should never have existed, the X-men and Scott, Jean and Cable would be better characters without Maddie. She is just a little stain on the story of the X-men.
    A bad Jean replacement that failed decades ago and never contributed on any significant way to the franchice.

She is only a bad memory, a reminder of how the ego and short sightedness of Claremont can hurt the franchice. The moment Claremont created Maddie was the moment that proved that the X-men needed to move from him, that he couldn't do anymore for them.
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-02-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteNimrod View Post
    Maddie should never have existed, the X-men and Scott, Jean and Cable would be better characters without Maddie. She is just a little stain on the story of the X-men.
    A bad Jean replacement that failed decades ago and never contributed on any significant way to the franchice.

She is only a bad memory, a reminder of how the ego and short sightedness of Claremont can hurt the franchice. The moment Claremont created Maddie was the moment that proved that the X-men needed to move from him, that he couldn't do anymore for them.
    She was responsible for Inferno which was a major significant turning point in the franchise' history with lasting ramifications long past that story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was responsible for Inferno which was a major significant turning point in the franchise' history with lasting ramifications long past that story.
    I enjoyed Inferno and yes it had lasting ramifications (not sure if good ones).
    My point is that you could erase Maddie from the franchice and it wouldn't lose anything. Many characters would in fact be better.

Many characters would in fact be better.
    Hm? Go on...

I enjoyed Inferno and yes it had lasting ramifications (not sure if good ones).
    My point is that you could erase Maddie from the franchice and it wouldn't lose anything. Many characters would in fact be better.
    IDA. A whole chunk of the 80s wouldnt be possible without her existence. Everything with Cable (which is alot over the past 30 years) is because of her. She wasnt some minor character like Bernard the Poet, Lifeguard, or Slipstream, that really could be erased with no impact on the franchise, but Maddie was very vital. You are downplaying her to say nothing would be loss if she didnt exist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Hm? Go on...
    -First Cyclops would look less creepy, marrying so fast a literal clone of his lost love didn't speak well on his resume. Then when Marvel broke Scott and Maddie was kind of when they stopped caring about Cyclops integrity and every **** up became a posibility.

-Jean was the original homewrecker, so much people give a pass to Jean for everything but is the truth. But what else could be done with Maddie now that Jean was back? the moment Jean returned Maddie's fate was sealed. Because Maddie was literally a Jean replacement, her love interest was Jean's love interest. Her kid was literally what a kid of Jean would be. those were the only things Maddie did and Jean was better at both. Jean ended up marrying Scott and adopting and raising Cable anyway, so maddie was a moot point at the end.

-Wolverine was thrown between Jean and Scott, making him look bad (also like an eternal cuck) and Jean like some indecisive girl playing two guys at the same time. All for Claremont's butthurt over Maddie.

-Cable would just be Jean's kid. He is literally a genetic son of Jean. So Maddie wasn't even needed for that. The only thing Maddie does for Cable is changing his connection with Jean from a natural son to adopted/genetic son.

Everything would be so much better without Maddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. A whole chunk of the 80s wouldnt be possible without her existence. Everything with Cable (which is alot over the past 30 years) is because of her. She wasnt some minor character like Bernard the Poet, Lifeguard, or Slipstream, that really could be erased with no impact on the franchise, but Maddie was very vital. You are downplaying her to say nothing would be loss if she didnt exist
    Change Maddie for Jean and BOOM!
    Everything is better and less convoluted, Cable didn't even need Maddie. The X-books don't even mention Maddie as his mother anymore but Jean. He barely remembers Maddie existed, she is such a non character on his life while Jean has actual significance for him, Jean loves him (maddie tried to kill him), Jean raised him, he actually met Jean on person and has a relationship with her. At the end of the day both on our real world and on the Marvel universe Maddie was just an experiment made to unite Jean and Scott DNA, They could just retcon Jean giving birth to him given the fact that Cable has her DNA anyway and BOOM! you don't need Maddie anymore, nobody loses anything and some characters look even better.
    Last edited by CuteNimrod; 08-02-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Unpopular Opinions:

Phoenix Saga and DOFP are not as good as everyone says. (I think Claremonts written better X-books)
    Jean is more interesting then Emma and they should have kept her alive.
    Emma Frost should not be with Cyclops and Cyclops sucks when he's with Emma.
    The love triangle between wolverine, cyclops, and jean isn't interesting and makes all the characters look bad. And is barely talked about in the early runs, the movies and comics made that a bigger deal then they should have.
    Ice Man, Pyslocke and Angel look cool, but have boring personalities.
    90's Beast design is the best design.
    Generation X was a pretty good X spin off.
    Jubilee's powers could be cool if they wrote her better.
    Omega Red is underused.
    Emma Frost should be a villain and more powerful then they make her out to be.
    Time travel story lines should be off limits for x-men comics.
    Storm is way too good/cool for Black Panther.
    Apocalypse sucks.
    Mr. Sinister is underused.
    Hellfire Club are underused.
    Magneto is over used.
    Blink is over used.
    X-Factor and New Mutants - way better then X-Force.
    X-men 90's cartoon doesn't hold up.
    Morph is the worst mutant ever (cartoon but still counts).

Sorry about the spelling errors (not really though).

I guest that my unpopular opinion would be that for me, Claremont's greatest hits were God Loves, Man Kills and the Wolverine mini from 1982 with Frank Miller, Dark Phoenix and DOFP were great, but i didn't enjoy then as much as the previous two.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona