Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    does anyone think the promotion is gonna turn falcon into a complete ass? you gotta imagine going from just falcon to Captain America is bound to make him feel a bit arrogant and maybe just maybe the power will get to his head making him assume everyone will follow his orders because he's the captain america now and to go against him would be going against shield and the government
    Actually no. He has shown that he does not blindly follow orders like Steve. I think he will ride the line between living up to the mantle and staying true to his past and trying to better the more overlooked aspects of the Marvel Universe. I think in general he may have a more liberal stance on many things and willing to "turn off the mic" when needed.
    I do think Cage will be the one leaving, or She-Hulk depending on how the Gamma Wars arc in Hulk goes. I don't recall her ever having a big S on her chest in the past. For a minute I was trying to figure out if it was a new Sentry
    The book should be good. It is already a great read, Land has done great on this title but Ross is a much less "fuse on dynamite" artist for fans.
    Marvel is doing its thing with the Avengers line.

BANNED

Still...The Government's gonna be watching falcon more than ever now and not in a good way

BANNED

With Blade off of this book and the possibility of Mighty Avengers being turned into another run of the mill jingoistic title, I'm afraid this is my jumping off point.

When the Mighty Avengers first launched under the guiding hand of Al Ewing, it was a breath of fresh air as far as characterization, respect to canon and continuity and general coolness were concerned but wit this change in lineup, it would appear that Marvel's penchant for ruining a good thing has once again reared it's head.

Luke Cage was written as setting up this group to do the kind of things that the other Avengers groups tended to overlook and that was one of my reasons for rooting for the title.

If the mission statement changes as much as the lineup seems to be doing, I really see no reason to keep buying the book.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 07-26-2014 at 08:36 AM.

So, the lineup looks like
    Falcon- I'm not calling him Cap yet.
    Spider-Man- he might be what gets me to buy the book. His interactions with the other Avengers after how Otto treated them is going to be really interesting.
    White Tiger
    She-Hulk
    Blue Marvel
    Spectrum
    Luke Cage
    and the other one is either Power Man or Blade in the Ronin suit.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    With Blade off of this book and the possibility of Mighty Avengers being turned into another run of the mill jingoistic title, I'm afraid this is my jumping off point.
    Maybe give it a chance first. The messed up thing is Ewing might have to follow Remender's lead on this one, if his version is bad that will effect this. Unless Ewing just ignores everything going on in Remender's book which might not be a bad thing depending on how things go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Maybe give it a chance first. The messed up thing is Ewing might have to follow Remender's lead on this one, if his version is bad that will effect this. Unless Ewing just ignores everything going on in Remender's book which might not be a bad thing depending on how things go.
    Is remender writing a Blade book?

I find it really unlikely that any Al Ewing book would turn into a run of the mill jingoistic title. I'm pretty confident that whatever he does with this, it's going to be good.

Extraordinary Member

Is remender writing a Blade book?
    Nah he's writing the new Cap/Falcon book. That's why I'm saying Ewing might have to follow his lead.

I could see the concern if Ewing was leaving the book but I don't see why the mission statement would suddenly change. A captain america working on the issues that go overlooked seems like it would fit like a glove.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Goodbye MA, hello CAMA.

Ewing has earned the benefit of the doubt with me, so I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

I do see Luke stepping back in a more CEO/Executive Support role. Falcon may be the face of the team, but I still think that Luke is going to be the guiding voice. In fact, I'm almost certain of it. Luke isn't going to want SHIELD or anyone else to dilute his team's mandate. Mighty will still be "the people's Avengers," and Luke is going to stick around to make certain that doesn't change.

As for the rest of the cast, I was expecting a bigger shake-up. To the extent that this team does fight for the community and the common good, it makes perfect sense for Spider-Man (Peter Parker) to join up, putting the "friendly neighborhood" into Mighty Avengers. With Captain Falcon America and Spider-Man on the same team, we won't have an issue with brand recognition at all. (Speaking of branding, is it really necessary for She-Hulk to sport an "S" on her chest? Are there plans to turn her into She-Sentry, or Superior She-Hulk that I don't know about it, which necessitates her needing the S?) I hope that Spectrum, Blue Marvel and She-Hulk stick around as members of the "field" team, although I suspect that BM will come and go the way Thor used to come and go in the pages of the original Avengers series.

At least through the inaugural run of CAMA, things should be interesting.

Ewing is talking about a magic user.
    Looks like Kaluu is going to stay around, probably as one of the support characters.

And what is this thread that Monica is the only one to have experience with? The H.AT.E.? Or maybe some Avengers foe from the time she was on the team, but neither Falcon or She Hulk were?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Ewing confirmed Blade's off the book on twitter
    That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not really concerned with Ewing doing that but Remender I don't know. Some of these writers think turning someone into a douchebag is character development, but Ewing has shown he has a lot more talent/skill than that. I just hope the other MAs don't get pushed too far in the background,but I'm in on this one.

Ewing won't, but Remender it wouldn't surprise me if this is what happens.

At any rate, nice to see there will be a solid title with Falcon as Cap.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

anyone else think luke cage will be the one that leaves after the first storyline? since falcon's now captain america i can only imagine this team being constantly watched by Shield and that's something Luke Probably doesn't care for....seeing the team he brought together turn into some mascots for shield
    I haven't even thought of that. That's a strong possibility.

does anyone think the promotion is gonna turn falcon into a complete ass? you gotta imagine going from just falcon to Captain America is bound to make him feel a bit arrogant and maybe just maybe the power will get to his head making him assume everyone will follow his orders because he's the captain america now and to go against him would be going against shield and the government
    I don't think so. Him and Steve are like brothers, I think he'd do all he can to make Steve proud of him and show that Steve made the right choice, and more emulate Steve, at least until he get's his bearings. Plus Steve will still be in his ear and mentoring him (in Caps solo), and if need be (I would think), knock him down a peg, should something like that ever happen.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

before falcon was cap this was just a team of people looking to keep the streets safe and watch the city when the avengers weren't around....now i can imagine luke seeing this transforming into some puppet team manipulated by shield to do whatever dirty business they want them to do

Fantastic Member

I have never, ever, thought of Falcon as a "kind of James Bond figure". What a strange idea.

I'll give the series a shot, regardless... Land toned down his Landness a bit with MA, but I'm glad they're switching to a new artist. (Though I don't know Luke Ross at all)