Page 215 of 267 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3996

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At times I honestly feel like Ivy could do so much better than Harley. Even in the HQ she comes off as so much more competent and actually effective and yet she has to get stuck dealing with Harley's @#$% half-the-time .

Completely different topic but the recent DC Super Hero Girls episode and a DC Super Friends short kind of makes me want to see Hal Jordan and Poison Ivy become a thing...
    Well, in the animated Harley Quinn show, Ivy and Kite-Man actually had a pretty good thing going. But Ivy ruined it.

Kite-Man, at worse a petty thief/burglar, keeps getting screwed over. By Tom King (talk about depressing), DCeased (went splat against the invisible jet), and then in the animated series by being cheated on after being a pretty good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, in the animated Harley Quinn show, Ivy and Kite-Man actually had a pretty good thing going. But Ivy ruined it.

Kite-Man, at worse a petty thief/burglar, keeps getting screwed over. By Tom King (talk about depressing), DCeased (went splat against the invisible jet), and then in the animated series by being cheated on after being a pretty good guy.
    Kite Man telling Harley and Ivy off at the wedding felt so satisfying .

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I like the idea that Ivy isn't a straight up villain anymore but I don't think I want her to be a hero either.
    Why ever not?

Has anyone ever wanted to see him turned into a hero?
    I am pretty sure I have seen comments here about him getting his wife Nora back and them living happily ever after, with him playing hero support (in a scientific sense) for Batman.

All-New Member

agreed ! Except I love Jason Todd.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has anyone ever wanted to see him turned into a hero?
    Not complete hero. His number one priority is Nora, and anyone who support Nora he will support, so that means he should be a mercenary if the Wayne fund runs out. I think that's why I don't mind him working for someone like Penguin and Black Mask, because they have money, but before that happen, I need a reason why the Wayne fund runs out, because it shouldn't run out, even if currently Lucius holds it.

Also, even with the Wayne and Fox fund, his priority is still Nora, and he will spend most of his time cooped up in his lab in Arkham, so he'll be a background character unless in exchange for the fund, he will help Batman

Yeah I think a mercenary type or hired gun works for Freeze, with a completely selfish motivation based on who can give him the most time, money, and resource on a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I like her going from a villain to someone who just wants to be left alone, but keeps getting dragged into either Batman's bullshit or Harley's.
    lmao I like this concept too. It fits for a mother nature type that should be pure neutral.

I don't really care for his "playboy" reputation. I can't think of one time when that's ever added anything to the story.

the Magistrate Era is the most refreshing and cohesive the Batman/Gotham line has been in years.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'd be interested in seeing more of Alfred on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don't really care for his "playboy" reputation. I can't think of one time when that's ever added anything to the story.
    It's part of his public image as Bruce Wayne, and an aspect of why he can go without being in his private office for days at a time. It gives people a reason to expect that finding him in person won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's part of his public image as Bruce Wayne, and an aspect of why he can go without being in his private office for days at a time. It gives people a reason to expect that finding him in person won't work.
    But it's not necessary for that - it would be totally easy for him to simply not manage WE (or only be involved in big decisions/big picture stuff) and have the same effect. There's certainly been times in the comics where he was a mostly hands-off owner. Hell, it seems likely Thomas didn't do much about managing the business and he wasn't a playboy. A rich person can simply decide to own and not work and no one would question their motives.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    But it's not necessary for that - it would be totally easy for him to simply not manage WE (or only be involved in big decisions/big picture stuff) and have the same effect. There's certainly been times in the comics where he was a mostly hands-off owner. Hell, it seems likely Thomas didn't do much about managing the business and he wasn't a playboy. A rich person can simply decide to own and not work and no one would question their motives.
    True, but pretending to be a play boy allows him to run counter to Batman's persona. Being a recluse no one seems would draw some attention, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    True, but pretending to be a play boy allows him to run counter to Batman's persona. Being a recluse no one seems would draw some attention, at least.
    Yeah, he's creating the illusion he has a busy social life, But he needs it to be something people find hard to verify. Thus it needs to be something that logically has few witnesses but also takes a lot of time.

BANNED

Dick Grayson is the worst character to hold the Robin Mantle.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    His playboy rep made the government not trust him to rebuild Gotham and resulted in it being condemned as No Man's Land