Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello out there?

Since I write for the blog I felt like I should post something.

So, uh... welcome to Forums Day One, I guess. Again. I've seen CBR forum wipes before and they usually work out okay. If you're reading this, I hope you'll hang around and help make the place a pleasant online hangout.

Your turn. So what brings you here?
    You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hatcher View Post
    Since I write for the blog I felt like I should post something.

So, uh... welcome to Forums Day One, I guess. Again. I've seen CBR forum wipes before and they usually work out okay. If you're reading this, I hope you'll hang around and help make the place a pleasant online hangout.

Your turn. So what brings you here?
    Rubbernecking, seeing how the changes go

How are you?

Truthfully? Pretty good. Kind of liking the changes for the most part, though I am wondering why Classics took a hit when there was NEVER trouble there. But overall I think it was past due. Saw lots of old familiar faces-- besides me-- coming back to check it out which really is cheering. Delighted to see Jonah finally lay down the law.
    You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

I'm Ken and I write the Manga in Minutes column for the blog! Figured I'd swing by a take a looksee. Hihi!
    ~Ken

Hey Ken! I like your column; I always read everyone's stuff but I am often lax in commenting, especially in an area where I am ignorant. But it's nice to have a regular manga thing on the blog again.

Thanks! I try to keep up with everyone's stuff but don't comment much either. Plus there's a lot of it! The Signal Boost from sunday was good and well deserved as well.
    ~Ken

I've followed CBR as a lurker for ages, but left the forums long ago due to the environment. Not at all pleasant back then.

When I saw Jonah's post I figured it was time to give the forums another go.

Posted on the forums before, and coming back. I'm glad they cleaned it up...if for no other reason I don't have to dig through 10 pages to get to discussion I was having before .
    I also write some of the Lore & Legends sections in the back of the issues of Mice Templar. Nothing online though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    I've followed CBR as a lurker for ages, but left the forums long ago due to the environment. Not at all pleasant back then.

This has been a recurring theme here and even more telling, on off-site places like Facebook. Lots of us that gave up are poking our heads back in. To me that more than makes up for losing whatever content was on the old boards.

Classics found themselves a nice new pad, too, so it all seems to be working out.

Well that didn't take long. SPAM monster is active as noted in the new thread that just got started in this forum.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

J'onn J'onzz

I had an account on the old forum but haven't posted much in recent years. I've been a fan of CSBG for about 8 or 9 years--especially Comic Book Urban Legends Revealed.

Fan here to. Long time poster.

I've read the articles for ages but feared what I might see in the forums... So I guess I'm in the same boat.

Sean McFarland

I poked around a little on the old forums, but didn't really post much in the way of anything. I'm a regular contributor to the Line it is Drawn and lurk about on just about everything else.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

...left the forums long ago due to the environment. Not at all pleasant back then.
    Same here. Decided to re-register and poke my head back in after hearing about the recent shenanigans, and just...wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007