Page 400 of 613 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 9190

Beautifully put, Grunly. You detailed the feeling exactly.

Fantastic Member

any news about Coates' black panther?

I can't be mad at any group getting together and uplifting themselves when there is no hate at the "other" directed. A KKK rally is a group of people getting together in their hate to enjoy their supposed supremacy.

To me as a black man that is different then a group of black people getting together and celebrating each other with no mention of the "other" It's a time to uplift each other in a world where other people are always attacking you and trying to hold you down simply for existing. They have the tv, the media, etc, all you have is each other and that is okay to support and uplift each other for what you actually are as opposed to what you think you are in comparison to others.

That was a situation where mutants killed where brought back and they yelled out a rallying cry for each other saying we are here we exist. IMO people with unclear thoughts are more inclined to see this scene as some sort of negative supremacy because imo those are the thoughts they have when they get together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    any news about Coates' black panther?
    CB Cebulski stated that the books are coming but he didn't specify a date.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BadBadBeans View Post
    I don’t believe either of us meant to imply the X-Men are actually supremacists, at least not in a negative way. I was referring to the particular ritual so-to-speak that was being performed. If you don’t like the term supremacist, maybe think of it as being “cult-like”, to help you get a sense of what it looks like to some of us.
    Oh no no. I understood what you meant. Which is why it can be taken completely the wrong way and run some people the wrong way too. But at the end of the day this wasn’t a Hate Rally. If it were Magneto or Apocalypse or Exodus that addressed the Mutants THEN I’d be inclined to believe that. Because those particular Mutants I’ve mentioned are for Cultism and Supremacy. Storm isn’t. Which is why Hickmans so brilliantly did this.

We’ve seen everywhere how Storm has been one of the most influential face in Mutantkind and we saw it in all its glory. That whole Speech Storm gave was uplifting and showing how proud they are at being a Mutant. And that Mutants are FINALLY FREE. And those Fist symbolizes Freedom. Kinda like how BLM movement and our history of Equality.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-20-2020 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't be mad at any group getting together and uplifting themselves when there is no hate at the "other" directed. A KKK rally is a group of people getting together in their hate to enjoy their supposed supremacy.

To me as a black man that is different then a group of black people getting together and celebrating each other with no mention of the "other" It's a time to uplift each other in a world where other people are always attacking you and trying to hold you down simply for existing. They have the tv, the media, etc, all you have is each other and that is okay to support and uplift each other for what you actually are as opposed to what you think you are in comparison to others.

That was a situation where mutants killed where brought back and they yelled out a rallying cry for each other saying we are here we exist. IMO people with unclear thoughts are more inclined to see this scene as some sort of negative supremacy because imo those are the thoughts they have when they get together.
    Exactly. Great Point.

How’s this any different than what we do here in the real world.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Oh no no. I understood what you meant. Which is why it can be taken completely the wrong way and run some people the wrong way too. But at the end of the day this wasn’t a Hate Rally. If it were Magneto or Apocalypse or Exodus that addressed the Mutants THEN I’d be inclined to believe that. Because those particular Mutants I’ve mentioned are for Cultism and Supremacy. Storm isn’t. Which is why Hickmans so brilliantly did this.

We’ve seen everywhere how Storm has been one of the most influential face in Mutantkind and we saw it in all its glory. But again I do see why this would rub you the wrong way. To be honest at 1st I didn’t like. But I re-read it because it was powerful and uplifting that Mutants are FINALLY FREE. And those Fist symbolizes Freedom....IMO. Kinda like how BLM movement and our history of Equality.
    I totally equated that scene with the current BLM and Black Empowerment/Black Acceptance.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I totally equated that scene with the current BLM and Black Empowerment/Black Acceptance.
    Exactly.

Look at how the Mutants throw their Fists in the air and tell me you don’t hear this in your head: “I’m Black and I’m proud”. LOL it’s exactly the same.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously. It was meaningful and powerful and a declaration of and for the times.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

We’ve seen everywhere how Storm has been one of the most influential face in Mutantkind and we saw it in all its glory. That whole Speech Storm gave was uplifting and showing how proud they are at being a Mutant. And that Mutants are FINALLY FREE. And those Fist symbolizes Freedom. Kinda like how BLM movement and our history of Equality.
    Again, I never said it was hateful, or a hate rally. I don’t think it’s meant to be anything but joyful and uplifting. The problem is that there are two trains of thought about Krakoa right now: one that it is a utopia just like it seems, and everything is just as it appears. There is another train of thought, which I subscribe to, which says that ultimately there’s more than meets the eye to Krakoa, and it will show itself to some extent, I think, in the X of Swords series. If you follow that train of thought, that here’s something not quite right, then you can see how that scene plays itself a little differently. Different people, different ideas. We’ll see what happens.

BANNED

Again, I never said it was hateful, or a hate rally. I don’t think it’s meant to be anything but joyful and uplifting. The problem is that there are two trains of thought about Krakoa right now: one that it is a utopia just like it seems, and everything is just as it appears. There is another train of thought, which I subscribe to, which says that ultimately there’s more than meets the eye to Krakoa, and it will show itself to some extent, I think, in the X of Swords series. If you follow that train of thought, that here’s something not quite right, then you can see how that scene plays itself a little differently. Different people, different ideas. We’ll see what happens.
    Well, you did say that it felt like a rallying cry for a White Supremacist march. Which is what I was addressing that it wasn’t. In any case we shall see what reveals in the end.

Astonishing Member

Yea personally I've seen a handful of red herrings that not everything is as it seems but it's hard to tell where things will end up. Hickman has a reputation for putting his characters through the emotional and physical ringer (see New Avengers) so it's kinda weird to think that the X-Men won't have a reckoning about some of the changes they've had.

Part of that might be rooted in the lies of omission of Xavier, the moral compromises they're making in X-Force, them taking "preemptive measures" by spying on the Avengers, etc. I don't think Krakoa is going to fail completely and never be seen again, but I definitely think some things are off. The speech Storm made in HOX may or may not be connected to that but it did herald in the new era we're in so who's to say.

I don't think she sounded like a white supremacist but the overt pride the mutants are showing opens up the door to normalized supremacy that may work against Krakoa in the future (as pride of any kind does, white or otherwise). But from what we've seen Storm continues to upkeep her relationships in the wider world and advocates for other mutants to do the same so I think her character has been kept in tact.

Well, you did say that it felt like a rallying cry for a White Supremacist march. Which is what I was addressing that it wasn’t. In any case we shall see what reveals in the end.
    Correct. I did say that. The up-raised fists, the cry of “mutant”. That part specifically can be read more than one way. I still think it can be ambiguous. I never specifically said it was a White Supremacist rally or that Storm was a White Supremacist. I would never say that. Moving on..

BANNED

I wonder how many of those "up-raised fisted" Krakoans are really secret Black Panther Party sympathisers ...
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-20-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Does anyone know when some preview art will be dropping for the giant size issue? I feel like I'm going to be let down with the issus unfortunately.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!