Page 516 of 613 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 9190
    Spectacular Member

I'm not one for "I told you so" but oh yeah I knew it before the book even got released. I said it myself, I don't care how big of a storm fan you are you cannot justify this story at all hahahaha. This XOS event is literally "Apocalypse vs Toxic family" let's be real here, there's no "world ending stake's" at play with this event man I mean seriously other than AvX no event regarding the Xmen has really caused any real threat and implications to the greater MU and AvX was just cooperate shenanigan's over movie rights and Ike Perlmutter being a prick not to mention he hated the XMen. Now regarding this Marauder's Book, hahahaha are you serious man i told y'all these clowns in the x camp you call writers have it out for the BP mythos to the point that they retconned Wakandas history just so storm can get a made up weapon so she can play expandable in a story all because Apocalypse and his family are toxic A holes. Like literally i dont feel bad for that vita lady at all or that old dude Duggan, it's like what BK and Guilty Pleasure said they made Ro look like an impatient child, 3 days man she had 3 days to get this made up weapon and it adds injury to insult because no one else got they're blade other than Logan and Ilyana who were just sitting and waiting for everyone else. Ro had time i don't wanna here nothing, theres literally several ways this could've went and that's they came up with smh that whole story was rushed bruh idc what y'all say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Hehehe, are you serious bruh? Tchalla didn't "abandon" Ororro c'mon now and judging by your post you should have that hostility towards the writer that had Tchalla in that story where he subbed in for daredevil, Liss Could've had Ro go with Tchalla but he didn't, why? Who knows, also youre comparing apples to oranges man. Tchalla responsibility is wakandas protection so putting his nation first is not something he can shrug off and in terms of Ororro she technically doesn't have to take part in anything regarding krokoa even it's protection but she does because the writers and she's close to the others on the xmen. She was queen of wakanda at the time so she had to carry those burdens, not that it's relevant cause this issue has already been addressed and resolved by Coates.
    Not really sure which words read as hostile but okay. We all have our views on the story over the years. No one is going to change anyones mind so it's a pointless endeavor to rehash the same thing over and over, i was answering current questions on the current situation with how i have consistently felt throughout. It just is what it is. I don't get paid for any of this so it's not that serious and if i don't like a writers style i don't read their stuff after i say my overall piece i prefer to focus on the characters in the story and what they have done unless we are specifically talking about a behind the scene issue or a specific writer for a specific reason.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just can't. I swear the more i'm reading the more i don't think Vita went far enough. This situation has brought up a lot of memories of all Storm had to go through like going to hell and back, your husband abandoning you and it's really making me feel like where was all the outrage when Storm was on the receiving end. Then it was all scholars talking about "Well surely you can't expect Storm to.. when it's a BP book." I have crossed the line to entertained now as well.
    What abandoning?

When Tchalla has made himself a changed man for that and she understood the choice he had to make.

Tchalla has appealled to her, she has forgiven given and it's a done issue.....they rekindled their love post annulment and strengthen their passionate Bond over the last few years. I am NOT a fan of TNC/Coates at all but oh man this guy poured his divine attention into BP/Storm brilliantly.

For any marriage or relationship to be and feel real there will be conflicts and wrong choices but true love is divine, it passionately evolves and perseveres and that's what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    What abandoning?

When Tchalla has made himself a changed man for that and she understood the choice he had to make.

Tchalla has appealled to her, she has forgiven given and it's a done issue.....they rekindled their love post annulment and strengthen their passionate Bond over the last few years. I am NOT a fan of TNC/Coates at all but oh man this guy poured his divine attention into BP/Storm brilliantly.

For any marriage or relationship to be and feel real there will be conflicts and wrong choices but true love is divine, it passionately evolves and perseveres and that's what has happened.
    Okay, Tchalla apologized and i was all on board. Then this man who did nothing but get trapped in a far future came back to his Goddess wife who he reformed for telling another woman behind his back that she can be his side piece and thats all cool because with Krakoa and all she has things to do. I was done. This isn't about some long ago past, that happened in coates run and after that she was still doing feats and i was still done. It just is what it is. I don't know about everybody else but i'm just not down for that kind of cuckolding relationship. If your poly cool but if your man talking about you my goddess and you and me against the world and you trying to get him some side a$$ your just not that into him. Tchalla would never be enough for Storm imo and that's on Coates.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Liss was given a VERY tight premise within which Storm was not included....he had to explicitly request to use Storm to fan demands and even then he was still given restrictions.

Heck, they even refused to let BP properly interact with DD or any of DDs support characters on DDs home turf- Hells kitchen.

Liss had to work with what he was given...to make a juice cocktail out of rugged stone.

I really hated the premise and unnecessary restrictions onnit but Liss far better than most with what he was given especially for a newbie comicbook writer....his run definitely had it's issues but given the circumstances it wasn't as bad as it would have been frankly.
    Then he shouldn't have requested her if that was how he was going to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Boom. Exactly.

Sometimes it feels like people just assume Storm fans or any fan should just accept any upgrade anyone gives with gratitude. I'm sorry but i buy a lot of these stories and it keeps them employed. I am not that invested that i can't just sit back and enjoy a story and for me though this may be unpopular despite the plot hole i enjoyed Extraodinary X-men and lightning lass (i still know what her powers are despite writers and artist being lazy) than i did her appearances in BP when anytime she expected anything or the readers did it was "well what can you expect it's a bp book" i mean the story was good until it wasn't. If something upsets me it's like an hour tops some people seem to make it an art and don't understand not everyone thinks like that and it's ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

Okay, Tchalla apologized and i was all on board. Then this man who did nothing but get trapped in a far future came back to his Goddess wife who he reformed for telling another woman behind his back that she can be his side piece and thats all cool because with Krakoa and all she has things to do. I was done. This isn't about some long ago past, that happened in coates run and after that she was still doing feats and i was still done. It just is what it is. I don't know about everybody else but i'm just not down for that kind of cuckolding relationship. If your poly cool but if your man talking about you my goddess and you and me against the world and you trying to get him some side a$$ your just not that into him. Tchalla would never be enough for Storm imo and that's on Coates.
    Hahahaha, bruh Tchalla literally lost his memories during that arc man. He even mentioned that to Ro when he got back when he basically said he had no idea who he was nor his identity and his attraction for nakia was just a coincidence, I will agree that coates added the nakia thing for drama but you make it seem like Tchalla cheated on Ro and that definitely wasn't the case and i blame coates execution on that matter. Like seriously bruh you took that arc waaaaayyyy too seriously like honestly but then again like i said coates poor execution is pretty much the reason why everyone in the thread felt iffy regarding that conversation with nakia, while I on the other hand didn't pay it any mind cause nakia wasn't really important overall. I'm not trying to get at you in any hostility bruv it's just Coates was adding drama for the hell it at least that's how i see it cause not-nakia wasn't even really a factor.

Boom. Exactly.

Sometimes it feels like people just assume Storm fans or any fan should just accept any upgrade anyone gives with gratitude. I'm sorry but i buy a lot of these stories and it keeps them employed. I am not that invested that i can't just sit back and enjoy a story and for me though this may be unpopular despite the plot hole i enjoyed Extraodinary X-men and lightning lass (i still know what her powers are despite writers and artist being lazy) than i did her appearances in BP when anytime she expected anything or the readers did it was "well what can you expect it's a bp book" i mean the story was good until it wasn't. If something upsets me it's like an hour tops some people seem to make it an art and don't understand not everyone thinks like that and it's ok.
    I am with you. I appreciate a good story over everything else and for the most part, I wasn't impressed with Coates BP story. I found it boring and drawn out.

I said it once and I said it before: after AvX, I was never that invested in Storm in the BP books because they didn't have editorial control over her. She was essentially a guest star. Even if she did amazing things, the X-office with editorial control was under no obligation to continue down that path with her. Am I happy they used her and did I enjoy some of the stories - sure. Did I expect anything to continue on - no way.

I am 100% not surprised nor sad that they are moving her away from BP and more into the mutant agenda. She can't be the leading lady under X-Men editorial control but be tied to the Black Panther. This is the same reason why when she married the BP and was put under Avengers Editorial control she was pulled out of the X-books. Did she have some appearances in X-Men publications, sure, but she was not a main character. And frankly, that hurt the character. She went from being a leader of the X-Men to Black Panther's wife. She was a big fish in a big pond, and was thrown to be a big fish in a little pond. The move could have been grand and made Storm Marvel's unquestioned leading lady, but it never lived up to it's potential. In the end it just fizzled and that was why the marriage was annulled.

To be fair, writing Storm in Black Panther is a tough thing to do without alienating one of their respective fan bases. That Black Panther in Hell's Kitchen writer had a valid point. Storm is one of the most powerful people on the plant. She is not a street level threat - she is a planetary threat. The writers tended to either nerf Storm in the stories for Black Panther to be the hero, or he looks useless while Storm does all the heavy lifting. Few of the writers were able to strike a good balance where Storm and T'Challa both shined.

I am happy Storm is free now and excited to see her return to glory in the X-Books.
    Last edited by Stormrocks; 10-11-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Hahahaha, bruh Tchalla literally lost his memories during that arc man. He even mentioned that to Ro when he got back when he basically said he had no idea who he was nor his identity and his attraction for nakia was just a coincidence, I will agree that coates added the nakia thing for drama but you make it seem like Tchalla cheated on Ro and that definitely wasn't the case and i blame coates execution on that matter. Like seriously bruh you took that arc waaaaayyyy too seriously like honestly but then again like i said coates poor execution is pretty much the reason why everyone in the thread felt iffy regarding that conversation with nakia, while I on the other hand didn't pay it any mind cause nakia wasn't really important overall. I'm not trying to get at you in any hostility bruv it's just Coates was adding drama for the hell it at least that's how i see it cause not-nakia wasn't even really a factor.
    No it's the opposite. My problem was Tchalla was a good man. Coates addressed every issue i had and Tchalla was nothing but good to storm in this run, nothing but. But in story coates then has any sign of another woman showing up, when as you said and i agree tchalla did no wrong, Storm was all like he basic, i know you have feelings for him and you can have him when im not around. It was another example of Coates tearing Tchalla down and this time he used Storm. It was the first time i was truly disgusted with Storm and i was done.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

No it's the opposite. My problem was Tchalla was a good man. Coates addressed every issue i had and Tchalla was nothing but good to storm in this run, nothing but. But in story coates then has any sign of another woman showing up, when as you said and i agree tchalla did no wrong, Storm was all like he basic, i know you have feelings for him and you can have him when im not around. It was another example of Coates tearing Tchalla down and this time he used Storm. It was the first time i was truly disgusted with Storm and i was done.
    Alright now I get ya, yeah Coates really made Tchalla look like a bum and why I don't care for his writing in that regard. Man's couldn't get his point across without making Tchalla look weak and a chump that's a no go, the thing in terms of nakia was unneeded drama and Tchalla is nothing close to needy. I won't miss him but at least he did some keyword "some" things good which in this case is a silver lining.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm not one for "I told you so" but oh yeah I knew it before the book even got released. I said it myself, I don't care how big of a storm fan you are you cannot justify this story at all hahahaha. This XOS event is literally "Apocalypse vs Toxic family" let's be real here, there's no "world ending stake's" at play with this event man I mean seriously other than AvX no event regarding the Xmen has really caused any real threat and implications to the greater MU and AvX was just cooperate shenanigan's over movie rights and Ike Perlmutter being a prick not to mention he hated the XMen. Now regarding this Marauder's Book, hahahaha are you serious man i told y'all these clowns in the x camp you call writers have it out for the BP mythos to the point that they retconned Wakandas history just so storm can get a made up weapon so she can play expandable in a story all because Apocalypse and his family are toxic A holes. Like literally i dont feel bad for that vita lady at all or that old dude Duggan, it's like what BK and Guilty Pleasure said they made Ro look like an impatient child, 3 days man she had 3 days to get this made up weapon and it adds injury to insult because no one else got they're blade other than Logan and Ilyana who were just sitting and waiting for everyone else. Ro had time i don't wanna here nothing, theres literally several ways this could've went and that's they came up with smh that whole story was rushed bruh idc what y'all say.
    exactly. the ssme people concluding their relationship was awful and tchalla's relationship with her was/is toxic ate championing a woman lying to her family, being deceptive, ignoring a nations sovereignty and culture all to steal a sword due to urgency, even though at the end of it all she still is waiting for 7 other swordbearers to return. the story was just really poorly written and Storm was not shown in a good light.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Alright now I get ya, yeah Coates really made Tchalla look like a bum and why I don't care for his writing in that regard. Man's couldn't get his point across without making Tchalla look weak and a chump that's a no go, the thing in terms of nakia was unneeded drama and Tchalla is nothing close to needy. I won't miss him but at least he did some keyword "some" things good which in this case is a silver lining.
    The Nakia plot line wasn't bad but Coates is simply incapable of ever giving T'Challa props or using him as a source of positivity. So rather than having two women peacefully come to terms with their mutual love of the same man, he decided to throw shade by having Storm basically say T'Challa is incapable of being faithful and offered him on a platter. T'Challa is reduced to being a black man solely driven by sex, Storm looks like a passive-aggressive cuckold, and Nakia is characterized as some home wrecker. Bad looks all around for 3 black people in what should've been a powerful moment of reconciliation.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The Nakia plot line wasn't bad but Coates is simply incapable of ever giving T'Challa props or using him as a source of positivity. So rather than having two women peacefully come to terms with their mutual love of the same man, he decided to throw shade by having Storm basically say T'Challa is incapable of being faithful and offered him on a platter. T'Challa is reduced to being a black man solely driven by sex, Storm looks like a passive-aggressive cuckold, and Nakia is characterized as some home wrecker. Bad looks all around for 3 black people in what should've been a powerful moment of reconciliation.
    they did reconcile though and Coates was showing how strong their love was for one another. ororo wasn't jaded by the fact that tchalla lost his memories and fell for snother woman. her love for him was so strong that she was not insecure in their past nor was she going to play the jealous woman and claim they couldn't be their for one anoyher considering their connection. I think thst part is being overblown a bit.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Black_Panther_Vol_7_23_Tedesco_Variant_Textless.jpg

When is Black Panther #23 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He didn't write her bad. If anything he made T'Challa really stubborn about what he was trying to do.