Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Yeah, I think I'm going to close this down for now, both to give myself time to read it over and to give everyone a chance to take a breather. I'll come up with a ruling on Friday once I get home from work.
    Everybody sit tight, relax, and be excellent until then!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Having seen Thor: Ragnarok and JL and reviewed the past feats, I feel comfortable in saying that Supes and Wondy should be fine here. Wonder Woman's multiple bullet timing feats put her clearly faster than Hela, and with Superman's new power boost, he should be able to handle Hela.

Regarding the nuke VS Sokovia, I would have to put taking the nuke over taking part of the explosion of Sokovia. In fact, I think abmccray summed up Sokovia best.

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Firstly, because it's not a more powerful explosion. If the floating city was vaporized or something, it would be, but it wasn't.

From the movie itself, the floating city had a vibranium core. Directing energy at that core would cause the floating city to break apart into smaller pieces, probably along "fault lines" and not destroy the planet. So Thor shot energy at it, Iron Man contained it in a specific spot, it caused a book at the correct spot, and caused the floating island to break into smaller, more manageable chunks.

That's why there's no way to quantify it. We don't know the level of "boom" it took to do that, we don't know the force of the explosion after, we don't really know anything.

Basically what they did was what was done to the asteroid in Armageddon (in that case, they put a nuke near the center of it to break it) or what Freeza did to Namek, only on something with an unstable core and an unknown structure, laced with a non real substance. Therefore, it becomes "something, but who knows." And, also similar to Freeza, since he was ON the planet when it blew up, we don't grant him as surviving *that* planet buster, as he wasn't in the focal point - we just say "survived being on the surface of a planet exploding."
    I also really don't see Tony taking a nuclear explosion either.

In short,
    Superman and Wonder Woman can handle Hela due to speed and recent power ups, the nuke is over Sokovia, and MCU Tony's armors are not surviving nukes.

I still have no idea what Batman is doing here though.

Thread will be re-opened. Everybody get along now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Surprise surprise.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Surprise surprise.
    I'll bite. What are we surprise surprised about?

DC(EU) Speedbricks in da hizzie!

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    I'll bite. What are we surprise surprised about?
    Probably just wanted a different result from the moderation. No big deal. I get the frustration. I've been on that side of things before.

Oh, and Batman is here for smoke bombs! And...

....yeah he's worthless LOL
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Probably just wanted a different result from the moderation. No big deal. I get the frustration. I've been on that side of things before.

Oh, and Batman is here for smoke bombs! And...

....yeah he's worthless LOL
    Felt like the poster in question was questioning the Mod's impartiality, like the result would be a foregone conclusion. Feels like bad form.

Astonishing Member

Bats' best strategy would be to rip off his mask and announce he is rich. He owns Wayne Construction and can come up with a redecorating proposal for Asgard at a good price. Granite countertops for the kitchens and new landscaping. Show photos of how he did the royal palaces on Earth.