Page 175 of 294 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

Nevanlinna turned her attention to the halfbreed's woman. Now that she could get a good look at her, she was... quite lacking in height. Looking back and forth between the still-watchful halfbreed and his woman drove in that fact... why, this woman barely came up to the half-saiyan's chest!

"It was Auroc, of that I am certain," said Nevanlinna. "No doubt it sought to snuff out the nascent threat to its hegemony this group represents." Before, she would have stated that it was the threat to her people's hegemony, but, no, all that deceiver desired was blind, absolute obedience and adulation. Pathetic.

"I must confess that your name has slipped my mind," said Nevanlinna. "You are that... silly half-saiyan's lover, correct?"
    Karine didn't take it to heart, and neither did Totoma. It was just something they heard enough of they took it in stride. "Correct, and my name is Karine Cromwell." In a way it was kind of ironic that the person that carried herself and her manner of speech that was closes to her, was a actual princess. There was a lot of old legacy in the Cromwell name, some seemingly more far fetched then others. Now though? They were just stories, some you told to others in a history lesson and to get better aquainted with their family roots.

Before she could say anything further, a vision blinded her.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The shock from the exploding Star Forge at the heart of the Nebula behind them soon dithered to a ripple, and as its radius expanded across the stellar distances they left behind, all it left in its wake was a pulse that could hardly be felt at all where it washed against the shock-shielding and gravity stabilizers of the Coldlight. The fluorescent lights, the digital trill within this forged canopy and reinforced walls insulated those inside from the vacuum of space just a few feet outside.

How vast, this endless expanse of darkness. The only indication they were moving forward was signified only by the distant streaks of faraway stars. Each pinpoint that passed there was a sign of some far-off orb not unlike their familiar sun. Yet by the time their visage reached their eyes, how long would it have been since their worlds crumbled to dust and memories perished?

None would have cause to see them if they did not first reach out. Sounds fall to whispers. Light-echoes fade. The shape of ethereal frequencies may as well not exist if there were no instruments to find them.

But on their return to Earth from these uncharted stars, Karine and Totoma experienced something together. No more than a flash, a brief instance that stood uniquely within their minds. Something familiar, something nostalgic, anchored itself in memories of days long past, and seized upon them with a guarded ferocity, desperate to hang on - afraid to lose everything.

The deep memories pulled to the surface were swiftly twisted, mixed with a stabbing pain, a smothered howling and a violent confusion. A thrashing there in psionic darkness, the pulse and burst of blood slathered the psychic signal. Through it all a cold, lonesome whisper cut through a flash of images, desperately calling out to the void without end.

Can you hear me? Karine.

Find me.
    The visions. The voice. It jumbled together in a fast but coherent message that for a moment not only took her completely off guard but made her emotions a jumbled mess; a fact Totoma could clearly feel through their link. She was not sure how it happened exactly as there were adept mental users of her kind but they weren't many with the kind of power to extend to that king of reach and skill. That all being said it didn't matter.

Not plausibility.

Not of how they were able to find her in this wretched place.

All that mattered, was for the first time in years, Karine, and seemingly Totoma heard his voice. It took all of her skill and discipline she had earned over these years on her journery along with her pride as Cromwell not to lose her composure in front of others. The old Karine would have. There was nothing wrong with that Karine, but that one had been ill suited for the harsher realities of a warrior, and instead they had been forged into fire of the woman she was at present. She held firm, even if there was a shift.

"..Can you hear us father?"

It was a quite, simple question but also a desperate plea. She didn't expect a response. Part of her thought all the stress was getting to her and it was a figment of a tired mind somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    How proud he was of what he'd done ... and in hearing it spoken so plainly Ishtar couldn't help but appreciate it, herself.

After acquiring Hakai by consuming Yucatan, he had made it his own; and for a time that had been the end of it. A Dinosaur in possession of thought, and a wellspring of Godly energy. Yet it seemed that the early humans had found themselves ... possessed of will to act -- and in his words this action was betrayal -- and had struck him down only for his soul to linger: and over the course of thousands and thousands of years he reforged Hakai into something new by subjecting it to the lingering essence of those damned to limbo.

Which ... explained why the energy he held in his talons seemed to whisper half-legible nothings from those selfsame cursed souls.

And in hearing all of what she said, she could only nod and smile for a time as it was processed ... and when she finally had; something else was made known to her. Rex's measure. And what she'd assumed upon first meeting him had been met only with a confirmation. Delightful. So when the time came for the golden-eyed Oni to reply, she did so by addressing the question he posed before settling into his recounting. "It is the bane of my species, curiosity. Though ... I must profess none have managed to make proper use of it, as I have. I suppose you might call them 'weak'." A slight levied at Marduk, and Teshub certainly. Though one that was not without merit, or truth for the whole of her 'former' species.

"Though ... I find myself amused at how similar we are," the Oni commented before holding up her own hand, a globule of Void Energy coalescing before igniting and vanishing in an explosive flash. "In any case; from what you have said this energy of yours. It is an amalgamation of lost souls, is it not ?" A thing that intrigued Ishtar more perhaps, than the Hakai itself.

For only one other she knew of had harnessed souls in like fashion ...
    He snorted in annoyance, having hoped she might have caught onto it at first; however, he realized that perhaps he had been placing too much expectation on the oni at first. After all, it took him thousands of years to understand it himself, so not even one as bright as Ishtar wouldn't have gotten it at first past.

"This... this is not necromancy," He began, "What you hear are not souls of the dead what they are... ah... perhaps a demonstration would it explain it better..."

Conjuring up a handful of fukushuu, Rex let it grow in intensity so that the voices emanating from the energy could be better heard, "Listen closely, and tell me what you hear..."

For a moment, all Ishtar would be able to pick out were incoherent words and babbles, yet eventually, she could begin to understand some of the voices and perhaps more worryingly, she knew who had spoken them.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "You and the Ogatan. That duality is all this has ever been about, and you call this strength?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    ...returning her gaze to his. Then, she spoke, "̷̠̋̎̄̀́̄̒T̷̢̤̯͓́ŕ̵̛͎̫͇̥̼͙̪̱̊͐̐̈́͜͜͠y̶̲̻͈̟͇̿̑͘ ̢̗̳̜ ̶̼̹̙̌̓̓̂̂̃̾͋̏̾m̶̧͖͉̝̊̎̌̈́̉e̷̗͇̞͛̊̍̌̋̋͗̀̕.̸̔̈́͗̿͝ ̹̖̼̋ ̴̟͔̲̾Ơ̷̲͍͔̓̾͗̆̎̈́n̷͙͔̊̓̀̚ͅe̷̡̘̝̙̍̎̐͗͐̕̕ ̷̧̤̬̔̔̃f̵̖̻̣͍̠̩̑̉̑̅̏͜͜a̵̖̞̭̬͉̓̓̉͌̂̐l̶͎͓̺̱̰͇̞̉̃͆̊̓̎ s̶̗̓̀̋͂̕̕͝e̴̟̺͆ ̴̯͙̖͆̽̒͗̈́̆̈́͝͝m̵̮̩̥͈͎̫͋͒͑͒̔̂̕o̴̫͗̌̀̌̀̐̈́̓̒͘v̶͙̈́̈́̑̆͗͝ ̨̗̹̪̙e̶͇̪͈͂̓̚ ̶̧̜̠̗̙̥̦̜͒͌̆̇̽a̷͔͕͇͖̣̙͈̣̦͛̄̒̃̈́͠n̴̩̓̍̇͐̊̂̒̒d̶̘͝ ̨̬ ̵̺̙̺̠̱̼͊̅͛͝Ḯ̷̡̭͔͉̪́̓̄̃ ̷̹̩̮͕̱͎̝̹͋̃͂͒̾̒̌̈̍͜ẃ̴̤̖̹̠̿͂̇̀͌͂͋̚̕į̴̪̆̉́͗͛͊̏̌͒͝l ̸̰͍͇̳͇̤̲͔̫̿̓̉̕͘ļ̴̥͎̻͎͈͙͉̄̐̓̄̾̉̒̇̽ ̴̼͇̠͎̦̂͘é̶̢̛̱̟͍̥̆̿̎̿͌̍͝͝ņ̷͕̪͖̰́͒̑̚ḏ̴̅͐̓̅͐ ̵̛͙̲͚͗͝ͅy̷̬̓̿̄͊́̋̐̽̕o̵̡̟̠̗̬̪̣͉̯͚͋͘ȗ̴̙̠̗̮̇́͒͒̿̅̾̆͠ ̘̺͚͔̱ͅ.̶̢̯̝̣̪̗́"̸̛̩̲̉̄̉́̓̅͝

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Midori knew of me?" Dash's heart suddenly sank, "Ah wish she hadn't gone rogue. If she coulda just talked with us, before hurting so many people, maybe we could of helped her. Did she know her mother well? Ah mean, when Meagan was younger? Meagan lost her family as well when she was about 5, ah think."
    “I do not know. She seemed more drawn to Grandfather than grandmother in her...ramblings.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Of course, it was as she thought. And Ishtar had all the capsules with their loot from the station. "I figured. Ishtar has the data." Parsley sighed and stood. "I'll have to get it from her. You can come with me if you want."

Without waiting for an answer, she walked out of the room toward where she sensed Ishtar. No sooner had she taken three steps, she stopped. Rex is there, too? Damn it, Ishtar. The Oni mentioned wanting to speak with the parasite before the others slaughtered him. It seemed that time was now. This is more important. She resumed her gait, albeit more slowly.
    She nods and excuses her self from Dash, following tentatively after Parsley.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar stirred as a device hovering by his side blinked several times. "Ah, encryption comete..." Blizzar noted, in regards to the files he had swiped from Midori's computer. He took a quick glance over the files names, attempting to find any that stood out to him.

Only four are salvaged:

-Project Castellan

-Star Forge

-Shrine of the Old Dragon

-Funds
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 09-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Somewhere within the ship, Sarada was sleeping peacefully in the middle of an utterly destroyed utility closet. Contrary to popular belief, the damage wasn't entirely from the mating, but rather the short wrestling skirmish they had just prior. They always grappled before mating to determine who the bottom was going to be. Sarada may have thrown the match intentionally.

The only time she was glad to lose.

Heheh.

The feeling in her legs had never disappeared so quickly. Holy **** what a ride. If Ishtar was that aggressive and dominating every time she tried to intimidate someone, she was never winning another grapple with her again.

She stirred awake and yawned. "What time is it?" Ah, ****, she didn't think her watch worked way out in the fucking space-boonies. "Wait, are we still in the space-boonies?" Surely by now they must have been back to Earth. Or at least close to it. "I hope so!" She stood and stretched. A good fucking was just what she needed; she was in such a better mood than she was yesterday. Her arm was still gone, but she was about to get another kick-ass cyber-arm.

AH! I'd better let Jinzi know what I want with it.

She didn't bother getting dressed and quickly ran through the ship toward the cockpit where she knew Jinzi was. "Hey ~ Jinzi ~" she called from the door. "I need a new arm."
    Jinzi sweat drops.

“The hell is with you and Ishtar and losing body parts. Is it at least the one with the mechanical hand already?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She nods and excuses her self from Dash, following tentatively after Parsley.
    Dash watches them leave then leaves herself, heading towards the Cockpit. There is something nagging her in the back of her mind, but she can't quite put her finger on it. "Ah'll figure it out, eventually. For now, ah guess ah owe an apology to the GP officer." Her distraction nearly leads her to walk into something, or someone.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Only four are salvaged:

-Project Castellan

-Star Forge

-Shrine of the Old Dragon

-Funds
    Blizzar immediately honed in on the last of the four files, opening it first. Clearly, it was the most important. All greed aside, it would be interesting to discover when and where Midori had aquire such funds. It made sense that even a genius of Midori's calibur couldn't accomplish such scientific accomplishments on the scale she had without some signifigant monetary backing.

Blizzar immediately honed in on the last of the four files, opening it first. Clearly, it was the most important. All greed aside, it would be interesting to discover when and where Midori had aquire such funds. It made sense that even a genius of Midori's calibur couldn't accomplish such scientific accomplishments on the scale she had without some signifigant monetary backing.
    The file opens and to Blizzar’s shock, it contains an itemized list of every credit, to the cent, she had.

Which is about five billion five hundred million zeni/credits in a dozen different accounts across a dozen different cooperate entities and shell companies.

Which she had drained one day ago.

And stored at the asteroid field.

Which was now in ruins.

At the end of the list, and his heart break at the loss of so much money, there are some coordinates for a single vault box on Planet Proxima.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He snorted in annoyance, having hoped she might have caught onto it at first; however, he realized that perhaps he had been placing too much expectation on the oni at first. After all, it took him thousands of years to understand it himself, so not even one as bright as Ishtar wouldn't have gotten it at first past.

"This... this is not necromancy," He began, "What you hear are not souls of the dead what they are... ah... perhaps a demonstration would it explain it better..."

Conjuring up a handful of fukushuu, Rex let it grow in intensity so that the voices emanating from the energy could be better heard, "Listen closely, and tell me what you hear..."

For a moment, all Ishtar would be able to pick out were incoherent words and babbles, yet eventually, she could begin to understand some of the voices and perhaps more worryingly, she knew who had spoken them.
    "Not Necromancy ... how curious." Isthar muttered, when Rex corrected her.

Though in thinking on it, perhaps she had been a bit too eager to jump that conclusion. The Saurian did not smell of magics, nor did Charco -- the body he wore -- quite the opposite. Though really such knowledge only served to heighten her curiosity when, with another flick of his talons; Rex produced another globule of Ghost Hakai and bade her listen close. So she did, leaning in with a twinkle in her eye.

Only to hear something that caused her to raise her eyebrow and mutter under her breath, "... I see now. Something new ... my my."

When her appraisal finally finished, Ishtar was quick to right herself before confirming -- hopefully -- that she understood now what Rex had done. "You took negative emotions ... the engery, and used it to warp Hakai. In all my years, I have seen nothing similar." And in the end, it was not worry that colored the Oni's tone, but respect.

"I know well my allies and lover seek to kill you, and considering the corpse you have ... repurposed," Ishtar said then eyes fixed on the Saurian as she considered the situation. "I am inclined to at the least not trust you ..." especially knowing what he'd done to at least one individual powerful enough to be considered a God, "yet this," she said as she gestured at the Fukushuu energy, "laudable."

Though something that had transpired not a week before caused her to pause, and blink as she realized something she likely should have, sooner.

"You ... Charco." No, for all his might the boy had not possessed this energy. At least not knowingly, "... You struck me with this in Capital City, did you not ? After I struck the hybrid in the back with a missile."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The file opens and to Blizzar’s shock, it contains an itemized list of every credit, to the cent, she had.

Which is about five billion five hundred million zeni/credits in a dozen different accounts across a dozen different cooperate entities and shell companies.

Which she had drained one day ago.

And stored at the asteroid field.

Which was now in ruins.

At the end of the list, and his heart break at the loss of so much money, there are some coordinates for a single vault box on Planet Proxima.
    Blizzar quietly saved the coordinates for the vault on Proxima, doing all he could to (barely) hold back a bout of incomprehensible sobbing.

His hand shaking, he pulled the file up on Project Castellan. He had no inclination as to what it was but as long as it took his mind off the emptiness he was feeling in his heart, he did not care.

Dash watches them leave then leaves herself, heading towards the Cockpit. There is something nagging her in the back of her mind, but she can't quite put her finger on it. "Ah'll figure it out, eventually. For now, ah guess ah owe an apology to the GP officer." Her distraction nearly leads her to walk into something, or someone.
    Pausing just before walking into a wall, she looks up and makes a decision. Changing direction, she seeks out someone who might offer a clue to what is bothering her.

Jinzi sweat drops.

“The hell is with you and Ishtar and losing body parts. Is it at least the one with the mechanical hand already?”
    As she walks, she uses her Comm, "Hey, Jinzi, it's me Dash. Are you busy? Ah need to ask you somethin."

Pausing just before walking into a wall, she looks up and makes a decision. Changing direction, she seeks out someone who might offer a clue to what is bothering her.

As she walks, she uses her Comm, "Hey, Jinzi, it's me Dash. Are you busy? Ah need to ask you somethin."
    “Just....just amazed at something. What do you need?” He comms back.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Blizzar quietly saved the coordinates for the vault on Proxima, doing all he could to (barely) hold back a bout of incomprehensible sobbing.

His hand shaking, he pulled the file up on Project Castellan. He had no inclination as to what it was but as long as it took his mind off the emptiness he was feeling in his heart, he did not care.
    The file reveals her research into the First Race Golems they encountered, and how they acted as ‘castellans’ to the Star Forge and guardians while the First Race was away. She believes each First Race location would have such creatures, each type different. The pocket dimension attached to the walls and ceiling and floors were beyond her ability to duplicate at the time.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Just....just amazed at something. What do you need?” He comms back.
    "Ah'm on my way. Ah'll tell you when ah get there." Dash then makes her way through the ship to where Jinzi is.

Seeing him, she approaches, "Hey, Jinzi. Ah was wonderin. Did you see any of the fight with those Golem things?"