Page 180 of 294 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yes, but by fighting him, you risk giving him more energy." She said, "You flesh, your blood, your bones, your energy, your rage... he can feed off of any of those."
    Eva nods.

“Which is why monitoring is key. Jack?”

Jack walks up, smoking and nods.

“Yeah, I suppose playing spy with a dinosaur isn’t something many can say they’ve done. Should be a good test of my stealth skills at least.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Luop wake up and bows.

“Your highness. How may I serve?”
    "Oh, Ishtar and I have business to discuss, and she wished it to be in a secure location," said Nevanlinna. "And few places are as secure as here, would you not agree? Though be forewarned that she may wish that you move elsewhere."

She paused for a moment. "Once again, excellent work answering my call during that battle. You certainly caught that beast flatfooted. Though I... I still need to improve And..." She paused, her expression becoming grim. "That wondrous base and its technology was destroyed. A tragedy, if there ever was one, but more troubling was the identity of its destroyer... t'was Auroc. That he could be so far from Reshlan is troubling--and does not bode well for her highness'... mother's well-being, in my opinion."

She sighed. "But... simply charging in unprepared would be suicide. As much as it pains me, I must stay my hand and focus on getting stronger..."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Oh, Ishtar and I have business to discuss, and she wished it to be in a secure location," said Nevanlinna. "And few places are as secure as here, would you not agree? Though be forewarned that she may wish that you move elsewhere."

She paused for a moment. "Once again, excellent work answering my call during that battle. You certainly caught that beast flatfooted. Though I... I still need to improve And..." She paused, her expression becoming grim. "That wondrous base and its technology was destroyed. A tragedy, if there ever was one, but more troubling was the identity of its destroyer... t'was Auroc. That he could be so far from Reshlan is troubling--and does not bode well for her highness'... mother's well-being, in my opinion."

She sighed. "But... simply charging in unprepared would be suicide. As much as it pains me, I must stay my hand and focus on getting stronger..."
    He bows, face grim.

“As you say, Princess. Knowing that bastard was there fills my heart with dread, though your mother far outstrips most mortals in power. Do not give up hope entirely to her fate. You will be pleased to know my armor is completely fixed now, and I can operate at full capacity whenever you wish it as well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yes, but by fighting him, you risk giving him more energy." She said, "You flesh, your blood, your bones, your energy, your rage... he can feed off of any of those."
    That... what? Fighting was the only way to injure him, and yet that came with the risk of empowering him? Before she could respond, Eva stepped up to her.

Eva looks at her, and for a moment, a chill aura flares as Evangeline steps forward, headless of Sarada’s power, face set and firm.

“You will do no such thing. So long as Charco resides within, Rex will not be slain. Defend yourself if you need to, and he will be monitored, but I won’t throw the first blow not help instigate it. Nor will I bring forth past ills as an excuse too. Almost none of us here are without sin, without blood on our hands, Sarada. Chou was a monster that helped kill my friends hundreds of years ago. Ishtar killed a planet in her grief. You and Parsley and Sasheem laid waste to unknown thousands. Yet here we find refuge and a change to be our better selves, to make ourselves better. Charco is one of my dearest friends and it was not Cyanna who failed him, but myself. I said Morgana the psychic could help him, and it was that encounter that sparked Rex’s...quicker emergence. Perhaps if I had taken a more active hand I could have stopped it, but I thought she could and that failure is on me.”

She holds her arms out wide, defenseless.

“My name should be on your list first and foremost.”
    Sarada stared at Eva, eyes wide with unbridled fury. She claimed that she herself was the foremost person to blame for this, yet Sarada couldn't do it. She couldn't blame someone who tried to so hard to help Charco fight Rex off.

Damn it! It wasn't fair! It wasn't fair to compare Rex's sin to Parsley and Sasheem and Ishtar and even herself. None of them had killed anyone that they all held so dear. Rex had. He deserved to die.

He did, and yet his life was the only thing keeping Charco alive, and the chance of seeing him again afloat.

Sarada's face scrunched up as an internal struggle began tugging away inside her. The desire to kill Rex was powerful. So, too, was the desire to see Charco again. The two clashed, jockeying for position within her.

Eventually, the latter won out, if only barely.

She wasn't calm, but she let her golden power drop and fade away.

Her face was sour as she walked past Eva.

Eva nods.

“Which is why monitoring is key. Jack?”

Jack walks up, smoking and nods.

“Yeah, I suppose playing spy with a dinosaur isn’t something many can say they’ve done. Should be a good test of my stealth skills at least.”
    Yet, at hearing Jack and his intentions to spy on Rex, she stopped in her tracks.

"..."

She had already lost Jack once and dealt with it terribly. She couldn't lose him again. Even if they weren't as close as they had been before, he was still her friend and she still cared deeply about him. Without turning to face him, she said, "Please be careful, Earthman. I can't lose you, too." Again.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 09-27-2019 at 06:21 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That... what? Fighting was the only way to injure him, and yet that came with the risk of empowering him? Before she could respond, Eva stepped up to her.

Sarada stared at Eva, eyes wide with unbridled fury. She claimed that she herself was the foremost person to blame for this, yet Sarada couldn't do it. She couldn't blame someone who tried to so hard to help Charco fight Rex off.

Damn it! It wasn't fair! It wasn't fair to compare Rex's sin to Parsley and Sasheem and Ishtar and even herself. None of them had killed anyone that they all held so dear. Rex had. He deserved to die.

He did, and yet his life was the only thing keeping Charco alive, and the chance of seeing him again afloat.

Sarada's face scrunched up as an internal struggle began tugging away inside her. The desire to kill Rex was powerful. So, too, was the desire to see Charco again. The two clashed, jockeying for position within her.

Eventually, the latter won out, if only barely.

She wasn't calm, but she let her golden power drop and fade away.

Her face was sour as she walked past Eva and disappeared inside.
    There are tears in Eva’s eyes that she refuses to let fall as Sarada walks past.

The Guardian shake aher head and turns back to Jack.

“Follow after him once Nunlil is back. Be safe and careful when you do. She’ll be here any moment.”

He nods, hand sin his pockets.

“You know me, Eva. I’m always careful.”

She shakes her head.

“I mean it.”

He nods back. “I promise.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He bows, face grim.

“As you say, Princess. Knowing that bastard was there fills my heart with dread, though your mother far outstrips most mortals in power. Do not give up hope entirely to her fate. You will be pleased to know my armor is completely fixed now, and I can operate at full capacity whenever you wish it as well.”
    Nevanlinna graced her protector with a rare sight--a genuine smile. "Yes... you are right. I just hope she can hold out until we are ready to return to Reshlan and help her. But I must confess that I am at a loss as how to..."

Cocking her head, she gave Luop a quick once-over, taking note of his armor. Oddly, she knew very little about the armor her people's knights used--she had requested a suit of her own, but had been denied. Why, she hadn't the slightest... or at least she hadn't at the time. Even using normal armor required some amount of training, and no doubt the advanced armor knights wore required even more... and perhaps a baseline of power far above what she'd possessed at the time. But now...

"Sir Luop, tell me... would it be possible to produce an armor like yours? I get the impression that merely mastering its usage would help me grow significantly stronger," she said, standing up and examining it. "Is it bio-mechanical in origin? I do not think even this realm could have restored that level of damage this quickly on its own..."

Nevanlinna graced her protector with a rare sight--a genuine smile. "Yes... you are right. I just hope she can hold out until we are ready to return to Reshlan and help her. But I must confess that I am at a loss as how to..."

Cocking her head, she gave Luop a quick once-over, taking note of his armor. Oddly, she knew very little about the armor her people's knights used--she had requested a suit of her own, but had been denied. Why, she hadn't the slightest... or at least she hadn't at the time. Even using normal armor required some amount of training, and no doubt the advanced armor knights wore required even more... and perhaps a baseline of power far above what she'd possessed at the time. But now...

"Sir Luop, tell me... would it be possible to produce an armor like yours? I get the impression that merely mastering its usage would help me grow significantly stronger," she said, standing up and examining it. "Is it bio-mechanical in origin? I do not think even this realm could have restored that level of damage this quickly on its own..."
    “The armor is symbiotically connected to the user, so yes it is bio-engineered and when damaged requires us using our own ki energy to regrow and heal it. It boosts our natural power levels somewhat but also enhances our existing abilities. There are some draw backs. Flying cannot be done while wearing armor as an example for Bronze Knights, and each rank of Knights is different in skill and armor abilities.”

He thinks before responding again.

“I could make an armor for you, Princess, if I had access to a powerful spell forget and the proper materials. My...secondary studies were in armor construction and repair, Princess.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Here," said the Threshling Princess, approaching Jinzi and Ishtar. "Now is as good a time as any..." She waved her hand and the space in front of her shone, then split open, revealing just a tease of a verdant landscape beyond. "Ishtar, I give you my permission to enter my demesne, Vaikuntha." It was as simple as that... nothing flashy or ostentatious, just opening a portal and granting the Oni permission. There was still the matter of creating a portable means of access, but she had made some progress on that.

Stepping through, Nevanlinna was greeted by the familiar sight of the grove that served as Vaikuntha's foyer, for lack of a better term. As always, there was a gentle, renewing breeze, bringing with it the faint scent of flowers somewhere downwind. Various animals went about their simple lives, paying no mind to the mistress of the realm as she entered. Nevanlinna sighed and sat down on a tree trunk, staring out over the lake bordering the grove. Oh, she simply could not wait to hear what the Oni's ideas were.
    It was a simple exchange of words, in the end, that saw to Ishtar's entrance into Vaikuntha; and what she saw was ... about what she expected at least as far as first impressions were concerned. Though of more interest was how the landscape seemingly stretched well beyond the horizon. Slipping through the portal then, the Oni took her time casually exploring this new locale and taking in the sights -- and making a note that there was life here, if only fauna -- before she eventually found her way to its ruler, Nevanlinna, how had seemingly perched herself upon a stump overlooking a rather serene lake.

"I have found this place secure enough for my purposes ... so I will share my plans. Which are of themselves, rather simple. " The Oni mused, aloud, before diving right into what it was she wished to discuss.

"First. I would see if Enseiji Fruit might flourish within the bounds of this demesne. Second, I would bring others here ... specifically for the purpose of planning out how I -- and hopefully they -- might hunt those individuals of ours who are more dangerous than we are yet strong. Specifically ... Auroc. Alakazah ... Genesis; and for the purpose of sharing information safely between those who are both wise enough to offer their own insight ... and shrewd enough to remain silent on the matter beyond the bounds of this realm." And with the second request, it became more clear, the Oni's need for secrecy. She was after all asking for a secret council of a kind, geared toward the sole purpose of combating extant threats to the Universe as a whole. Something that would certainly run counter to the ideals of any of those deemed worthy of 'hunting'.

"Third ... and this is, admittedly, more of a personal request ..." the Oni said then, slowly. "I would ask permission to bring a planet inside this place." Allowing a moment to pass for Nevanlinna to process this queer request, the Oni then explained why.

"I have heard before you say that this place can aid in recovery. I would see this planet healed -- for it was ruined at my hand -- and it yet has life worth saving. And provided it is possible ... and such is agreeable, there is a fourth request ..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“The armor is symbiotically connected to the user, so yes it is bio-engineered and when damaged requires us using our own ki energy to regrow and heal it. It boosts our natural power levels somewhat but also enhances our existing abilities. There are some draw backs. Flying cannot be done while wearing armor as an example for Bronze Knights, and each rank of Knights is different in skill and armor abilities.”

He thinks before responding again.

“I could make an armor for you, Princess, if I had access to a powerful spell forget and the proper materials. My...secondary studies were in armor construction and repair, Princess.”
    So Sir Luop had such a skill. Not having known much about their armor, she hadn't thought to ask... and to be quite fair, the past week had been a most trying affair. Most of her time had been consumed with fighting and recovery. Though, curiously, she had actually enjoyed herself, to an extent. Seri rubbing off on her, most likely.

...ahh, she wondered how that little scamp was doing. Had she reunited with her parents by now? The princess dearly hoped so...

"A powerful spell and the correct materials..." Well then, that sounded like acquiring such things had the potential to allow her to grow in and of itself. "...very well, let us do that. Not only that, I would like to learn such arts myself... and, if I may impose, refine my fighting skills under you, among others. I have made great strides in my capabilities in the past week, but I simply cannot afford to approach this Auroc matter with anything less than my utmost."

Jinzi explains everything, from the Coldlight to Charco to The Doctor’s real identity to Azura, who he introduces to Meagan.

The young girl nods.

“Grandmother.”
    Standing there, taking in everything, her heart sank when she heard about Charco and her small eyes went wide when she learned about Midori, and then when she met Azura. It was clear that it was a lot to take in, but finally she found her voice.

Giving Azura a kind, if not hesitant smile, "Well, welcome to the family, Azura. I hope we can spend time together, to get to know each other better."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

There are tears in Eva’s eyes that she refuses to let fall as Sarada walks past.

“Follow after him once Nunlil is back. Be safe and careful when you do. She’ll be here any moment.”

She shakes her head.

“I mean it.”

Parsley had been watching her sister explode in fury from a distance, willing to let her vent her anger but ready to step in in case she got too out of control. Fortunately, Eva managed to talk her down. She watched Sarada walk inside and disappear. If she was still there when Parsley made her way inside, she'd find some way to cheer her up. The best way was either sparring or with food.

She had the latter already prepared.

She stepped up to stand beside Eva. Taking note of the tears that were glistening in the woman's eyes, yet not falling, she said, "Is it possible for the dragonballs to separate Charco and Rex?"

Unless Rex remained away from them, she could not see how any kind of partnership between both parties was sustainable. Charco's life was enough to stay their hands for now, but with as much anger and hatred for the lizard creature as was simmering just below the surface, it would explode before another solution was devised.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She shakes her head.

“I mean it.”

Excusing herself from Jinzi and Azura, Meagan went over to Eva. Placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "I heard. Grief and anger are often intertwined. Blame is an easier way to deal with it, then considering the alternatives. Cyanna is likely to be devastated by this, once she finds out. And likely to do something impulsive as a result."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley had been watching her sister explode in fury from a distance, willing to let her vent her anger but ready to step in in case she got too out of control. Fortunately, Eva managed to talk her down. She watched Sarada walk inside and disappear. If she was still there when Parsley made her way inside, she'd find some way to cheer her up. The best way was either sparring or with food.

She had the latter already prepared.

She stepped up to stand beside Eva. Taking note of the tears that were glistening in the woman's eyes, yet not falling, she said, "Is it possible for the dragonballs to separate Charco and Rex?"

Unless Rex remained away from them, she could not see how any kind of partnership between both parties was sustainable. Charco's life was enough to stay their hands for now, but with as much anger and hatred for the lizard creature as was simmering just below the surface, it would explode before another solution was devised.
    “I don’t know. Maybe. If he’s stronger than Tiamat he would have to be willing to be separated.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Standing there, taking in everything, her heart sank when she heard about Charco and her small eyes went wide when she learned about Midori, and then when she met Azura. It was clear that it was a lot to take in, but finally she found her voice.

Giving Azura a kind, if not hesitant smile, "Well, welcome to the family, Azura. I hope we can spend time together, to get to know each other better."

“Agreed, and thank you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Excusing herself from Jinzi and Azura, Meagan went over to Eva. Placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "I heard. Grief and anger are often intertwined. Blame is an easier way to deal with it, then considering the alternatives. Cyanna is likely to be devastated by this, once she finds out. And likely to do something impulsive as a result."

“She already knows. Morgana placed her in a psychic induced coma to help her deal with it so she wouldn’t physically lash out.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM