Page 418 of 662 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 9921
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you. I should've been specific. I was asking about the scenes you guys were talking about with Storm.
    you're welcome beloved.

and I don't think there was any storm news at nycc.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol

shes not too bad an actress I thought she was good in that movie where the main character was a closeted gay guy in high school. I'm not sure she can give me the necessary fierceness required to be Selina. Michelle Phifer to this day is the best Catwoman I have ever seen.

ooooooh Chile this shade is way too much for me.... my feelings are hurt for her lol.

Thank you for this post. There is so much here to digest so please bare with me.

I think one of the main reasons people dont think outside of the box with her is primarily due to her characterization by the xoffices. I blame this mostly on Lobdell but he inserted into canon the notion she was nothing and will be nothing but an xmen. Add to this a part of her mythos revolved around the "mammy" archetype. This was originally seen with Claremont and Kitty; however, Claremont had her break away from that when she went punk. Ororo thereafter would fall back into the mother hen roll, especially during the time she was headmistress of the Jean Grey Institute. She ultimately was now the woman who would never be anything but an Xman who is either the stern mother of the younger mutants or the big sister to her colleagues (such as to Jean). When other writers attempt to show her having any interactions beyond this, especially if these said interactions are with other black people, it is called racist. The irony of it all is that the former depiction of her by the xoffices are what is racist.

Which leads to you next point about the need to see more black with black interactions. The commonality you drew between what kurt said and the rationale for why there needs to be more black love and hence why Ororo needs to be with a Black Man is amazing! The need for these mutants to be respected, to have their own language and culture is identical to the African American experience in this country - a group of people whose language, culture, and religion was all stripped from them. Ororo being an African American expressing solidarity behind mutant pride with Krakoa and not doing the same when it involves the African American experience, being a black woman, just doesnt make any sense. It is why I so appreciate Coates giving her ties to Harlem and the black folks there. It is why I love that she is revered by a goddess by African people, when her colleagues fail to see this. I hope the similarities between the mutant experience and the black experience translate to something tangible in Hickman's story but I not too sure I'm as optimistic as you are in the regard.
    Baaaaaabbbbbbbyyyyyyy, you are speaking my language. Dare I say that the biggest weight around Storm’s neck is her mutant name. I mean that in more ways than one, but hear me out. Ororo Munroe, the woman, will always be undermined and overlooked. A few pages back I brought up the fact that she has always wanted to make her place in the world amongst other people. She’s always had a deep sense of community even as a street urchin. We saw it in Ororo: Before the Storm and the 6 issue prelude to the wedding of the century. Even as a girl she wanted to be part of a community. Her actions always elevated her. She eventually won them over and most loved he for it. That little girl later went on to find her mother’s family. It only makes sense. Why wouldn’t that little girl then have the same energy for her father’s family? I think she would, but most do not. Therein lies the rub.

The Storm of the X-men will always be tied to the celebrity of the team. That means Ororo Munroe will never get true recognition. Xavier’s manipulation of her innate goodness gets ignored to push forward HIS DREAM, all the while most are overlooking the fact that his dream is actually HER REAL LIFE. Chew on that. You wanna get real about a solo angle for this black woman? Why are people so obsessed with Xavier’s idea of who she should have been instead of who she was? My only guess is that most feel comfortable when the black girl is in their circle only to give them street cred. Lol

I thought Kurt’s words in HOX #6 would receive more scrutiny from the same crowd that took issue with Storm’s royal marriage. One of two guesses why that hasn’t happened yet. You see there’s a clear uneasy feeling about their ability to love and cherish one another past their idiosyncrasies, but there’s a rush to see them at war with one another. It’s almost a dire need. It’s so crazy. But allow me to illustrate the point of how black people are expected to calm white fears. Can you tell me the last 3 black men Storm has been seen kissing? I’m talking about in the X-books. Now can you tell me how many white males she’s been seen kissing? Does any of this reflect the messages surrounding Botham Jean’s murder at the hands of Amber Guyger? Both the Judge and his family are compelled to forgive this woman who murdered a black man with a loving embrace to settle the white masses. I’d laugh if it wasn’t so sad. Hickman has me optimistic because he has opened the floodgates for Storm to be a woman that does what she wants and is clearly conscious of the world around her in more ways than some are willing to accept. I await more of his Storm with a passion that burns hotter than Storm with the galactic core.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Exactly. OMG. So true. This is the reason why I had no problem when Hudlin was allowed to pair T'Challa and Ororo. A lot of people then and now complained Marvel only did it because they were two black characters. For me, I was like "and, so what?" Few really bring that up when over 95% of the comic book couples are white or even heterosexual. No one says, Cyclops only got with Jean and Emma because they were white women, regardless of whether their pairing made sense. Too many of us take white love as "normal" and few question it. Some of us also think comics or movies are being "liberal" when they pair a white character with a black character. Now, considering in the U.S., there used to be anti-miscegenation laws, depiction of interracial couples is a big step. This is the thing, that step rarely seldom includes, as you noted, black love. Where is that representation in comics and movies? There are too few examples, almost to the point of indirectly implying that it doesn't exist in society or that it is a rarity, which isn't true.

Almost any comic book pairing can be made to work under the right pen, including ones when fans would've never entertained the pairing. And no, if mutants don't pair with other mutants, there won't be a mutant population as time goes on. The same is true for real life groups as well, including African Americans. Now, I'm noting that African Americans, just like every other "racial" is a social construct, not biological. I am not implying that race is genetic but it is cultural and has social implications. Whereas, being a mutant is biological, cultural, and social.
    I’m right there with you. You’re on the money right now. I think it’s quite gag inducing really. So many people are just okay with normalization of whiteness so much that they completely miss the reason why a dark skinned Storm. They still don’t understand that both Halle and Alexandria’s portrayal of Storm normalizes biracial girls hat identity as black as the desirable type of black girls. Most would rather claim ignorance in their desire for simple entertainment. I didn’t make up the saying that art imitates life, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well said on this one. Honestly imo, a lot of times in the X-books Storm is written as a white woman with Black skin. Very little is said about her heritage or identity as a Black woman. It's like she is drawn as a Black woman and little else. If being a mutant in the Marvel universe is bad, then imagine being a young black mutant with all of the added racial bias and prejudices.

How does Storm feel about young black men and women being gunned down by the police? How does she feel about Black women being one the most under represented groups but one of the most politically active? Or how Black women don't always get medical treatment afforded other groups? Has she even been to the MLK monument? Someone as socially aware is she is should be active for more than just mutant causes. Mutants aren't the only persecuted group and she wouldn't just advocate mutant causes only.
    Here you go talking that talk to me. I think your post knocked my socks off the most. It made me think about when I fell in love with Storm. I loved her at first sight, but I can’t remember a black girl before her that I loved. I can think of a bunch since, but none before. I loved most of the big female characters to begin with, but not many were black. I loved fighting games. Tekken and Street Fighter were the ticket when I was growing up. Chun-Li, and Rose from SF were my my faves there. Tekken, as a series, on the other hand, has been a life long passion of mine because of two women. Nina and Anna Williams are two of my special loves. I realize now that I honestly loved these women because there were no black girls around for me to cling to. Storm has been the white woman with black skin. I’m still a little peeved that she personally hasn’t had a conversation Monet about what it was like for a black girl joining the X-men. I’d say that the first step to answering all the beautiful questions you asked. I think a few writers tried to put in the work in to make it more logical for Ororo to take that approach like Ellis, Yost, Pak, McDuffie, Dickey, Coates, Harvey and Okorafor. These writers all did a few things that make sense for a self aware woman like Storm imo.

Has everyone seen the preview pages shown at NYCC yesterday for Marauders? Storm makes an appearance and the art looks great to me. It has me questioning whether that scene we thought was Iceman shielding Ororo wasn’t actually the other way around!

Attachment 87979

I'm not sure what images you want to but here are a couple of storm from that issue:

Thoroughly enjoyed HoX #6. I liked the interaction, the tension and strong personalities involved on the council. While I would prefer that Hickman explores the reconciliations between certain characters I don’t get the impression he’ll go beyond the celebration and beer sharing to show that this will be a fresh new start (at least initially). With the cover I was hoping for more from Storm (and she gave me a vibe she’d be over this council role very quickly) but I liked what we got. I just wish we knew at this point if there is a specific pivotal role she will play in the X-Verse or shaping events for the long term or will this be it? A voice on the council isn’t enough IMO. This issue left with even more questions:

1. What is the significance of “Houses” on the council? Like I can see certain logical, ethical & historical connections based on the groupings, but what is the basis?
    2. Do the houses fulfill certain roles outside of the full council creating laws/determining the direction of Krakoa’s fundamental missions? Like we know about Emma and the HFC role but what other endeavors will the council members (the good ones) lead?
    3. Is there a hierarchy to the houses on the council? Like does Xavier, Magneto & Apoc have the final say if the council doesn’t agree on a certain critical issue?
    4. What does it mean for them if someone chose to resign from the council or leave Krakoa, especially the omega mutants who represent a critical resource/are needed for the long term future of the new nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Has everyone seen the preview pages shown at NYCC yesterday for Marauders? Storm makes an appearance and the art looks great to me. It has me questioning whether that scene we thought was Iceman shielding Ororo wasn’t actually the other way around!

Attachment 87979
    Thanks. I peaked in the Marauder thread and still have my skeptical lips pursed. Art looks good but I’m still not excited for it. It would be interesting if she is shielding them. I guess my main source of disinterest is...well there are several. I’ll wait to see if more is revealed with respect to Storm’s role in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyed HoX #6. I liked the interaction, the tension and strong personalities involved on the council. While I would prefer that Hickman explores the reconciliations between certain characters I don’t get the impression he’ll go beyond the celebration and beer sharing to show that this will be a fresh new start (at least initially). With the cover I was hoping for more from Storm (and she gave me a vibe she’d be over this council role very quickly) but I liked what we got. I just wish we knew at this point if there is a specific pivotal role she will play in the X-Verse or shaping events for the long term or will this be it? A voice on the council isn’t enough IMO. This issue left with even more questions:

1. What is the significance of “Houses” on the council? Like I can see certain logical, ethical & historical connections based on the groupings, but what is the basis?
    2. Do the houses fulfill certain roles outside of the full council creating laws/determining the direction of Krakoa’s fundamental missions? Like we know about Emma and the HFC role but what other endeavors will the council members (the good ones) lead?
    3. Is there a hierarchy to the houses on the council? Like does Xavier, Magneto & Apoc have the final say if the council doesn’t agree on a certain critical issue?
    4. What does it mean for them if someone chose to resign from the council or leave Krakoa, especially the omega mutants who represent a critical resource/are needed for the long term future of the new nation?

Thanks. I peaked in the Marauder thread and still have my skeptical lips pursed. Art looks good but I’m still not excited for it. It would be interesting if she is shielding them. I guess my main source of disinterest is...well there are several. I’ll wait to see if more is revealed with respect to Storm’s role in the book.
    I noticed that Bobby reverts to human form after the blast, so I was thinking if maybe that is some sort of Orchis mutant power inhibiting tech? And it looks like they might either be working in tandem or, if it's a fire blast, the writer probably had Bobby freeze it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I noticed that Bobby reverts to human form after the blast, so I was thinking if maybe that is some sort of Orchis mutant power inhibiting tech? And it looks like they might either be working in tandem or, if it's a fire blast, the writer probably had Bobby freeze it up.
    Yep. Bobby shielding them was my initial thinking as well when the fans first chatted some pages back (and is the most likely action in that panel). The power inhibitors makes sense. Good observations. I noticed Bobby shifitng but didn’t think about that. And Storm’s expression looks like she was surprised. And then Kitty saves them and then goes all ninja on the soldiers while these 2 X-veterans (one who is also highly skilled in hand to hand) runs off to save the trapped mutants while the Capt saves the day.....this give me a Duggenheim vibe.

BANNED

Attachment 87979
    Yeah, it’s pretty good. I love the art as well very beautiful. As for the Who is shielding Who? I agree it’s confusing, but at the same time I don’t think it’s that important. Whoever did it? It’s Fine.

I wanna know is, who thought it be a good idea to have Bobby run around in a Speedo. I mean really? That’s just...wow.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Baaaaaabbbbbbbyyyyyyy, you are speaking my language. Dare I say that the biggest weight around Storm’s neck is her mutant name. I mean that in more ways than one, but hear me out. Ororo Munroe, the woman, will always be undermined and overlooked. A few pages back I brought up the fact that she has always wanted to make her place in the world amongst other people. She’s always had a deep sense of community even as a street urchin. We saw it in Ororo: Before the Storm and the 6 issue prelude to the wedding of the century. Even as a girl she wanted to be part of a community. Her actions always elevated her. She eventually won them over and most loved he for it. That little girl later went on to find her mother’s family. It only makes sense. Why wouldn’t that little girl then have the same energy for her father’s family? I think she would, but most do not. Therein lies the rub.

The Storm of the X-men will always be tied to the celebrity of the team. That means Ororo Munroe will never get true recognition. Xavier’s manipulation of her innate goodness gets ignored to push forward HIS DREAM, all the while most are overlooking the fact that his dream is actually HER REAL LIFE. Chew on that. You wanna get real about a solo angle for this black woman? Why are people so obsessed with Xavier’s idea of who she should have been instead of who she was? My only guess is that most feel comfortable when the black girl is in their circle only to give them street cred. Lol

I thought Kurt’s words in HOX #6 would receive more scrutiny from the same crowd that took issue with Storm’s royal marriage. One of two guesses why that hasn’t happened yet. You see there’s a clear uneasy feeling about their ability to love and cherish one another past their idiosyncrasies, but there’s a rush to see them at war with one another. It’s almost a dire need. It’s so crazy. But allow me to illustrate the point of how black people are expected to calm white fears. Can you tell me the last 3 black men Storm has been seen kissing? I’m talking about in the X-books. Now can you tell me how many white males she’s been seen kissing? Does any of this reflect the messages surrounding Botham Jean’s murder at the hands of Amber Guyger? Both the Judge and his family are compelled to forgive this woman who murdered a black man with a loving embrace to settle the white masses. I’d laugh if it wasn’t so sad. Hickman has me optimistic because he has opened the floodgates for Storm to be a woman that does what she wants and is clearly conscious of the world around her in more ways than some are willing to accept. I await more of his Storm with a passion that burns hotter than Storm with the galactic core.
    You are most certainly correct. I go back to how Xavier in DoFP told wolverine to find Scott, Jean, and Storm. She, since the 90s, was only defined by her affiliation with the xmen. Incapable of love, always above race, she was just a product of the xmen, she would only and always be Storm. But realistically speaking, as you have stated, her origins and life before the xmen wouldnt allow for her to only identify to those problems afflicting mutants. Living among her fellow villagers in Kenya she was the harmonious bridge between super powered beings and humans. Her deciding to accept Xavier offer I dont think would have meant discarding her own identity. But that is exactly what happened which was very similar to the African American experience in this country. As they loss their culture, their language, any ties to their ancestors so did ororo on many ways. Yes she went to Kenya a few times and to Harlem once but I couldnt imagine living in New York she would be so engulfed in the xmen she wouldnt attempt to dig deeper to see if she could find anything about her father who was a photographer then. But as you also said that is the problem with her being with the xmen. Her being a mutant will always supercede the aspects of her that go beyond that. This is what I love about Coates. He shows her loving being a woman, a black woman, who is unafraid to love her black man in the most vulnerable fashion. She is shown being adored and in some cases worshipped by people who look like her. It's what readers like me have been yearning for. I must say at this point I don't see anything that has me optimistic hickman will handle her as beautifully as coates has but I hope to be proven wrong. And dont even get me started with that mess that happened in Dallas. it breaks my heart that a dumb womans decision resulted in two black men losing their lives unnecessarily.

Attachment 87979
    I saw it and was unimpressed. ororo and iceman running away as kitty runs to save the day just looks a hot sh!t mess. however when I first saw the black and white of this I thought it was ororo who created the shield.

yea I was hoping for more storm this issue but it was a good issue nonetheless. and you bring up a lot of great questions. if I had to guess it would seem that every councilman vote carries equal weight but majority rules. we kind of saw this when it came to sabretooth only this time everyone agreed. I would like to understand the significance too of the houses and and how they were grouped to the respective season but all of your questions are really good so I hope we get answers to them.

Yep. Bobby shielding them was my initial thinking as well when the fans first chatted some pages back (and is the most likely action in that panel). The power inhibitors makes sense. Good observations. I noticed Bobby shifitng but didn’t think about that. And Storm’s expression looks like she was surprised. And then Kitty saves them and then goes all ninja on the soldiers while these 2 X-veterans (one who is also highly skilled in hand to hand) runs off to save the trapped mutants while the Capt saves the day.....this give me a Duggenheim vibe.
    it screams guggs. why does ororo look like she is terrified running away as kitty walkis in bada$$ before saying "i got this. I'm a ninja." no thanks. because of that I'm sitting this out. sorry not sorry

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yeah, it’s pretty good. I love the art as well very beautiful. As for the Who is shielding Who? I agree it’s confusing, but at the same time I don’t think it’s that important. Whoever did it? It’s Fine.

I wanna know is, who thought it be a good idea to have Bobby run around in a Speedo. I mean really? That’s just...wow.
    it's important because she doesnt do this typically. it would be a hint marvel is starting to develop her defensive abilities.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So I asked a similar question on CV and wanted to get your thoughts here. But before I do please understand I know they are friends and care deeply for each other. I dont think this can be questioned. However, examining their relationship throughout the years it does not appear Jean has always had Ororo's best interest in mind and thos past week with the release of Marvel 1001 made me reassess their friendship, at least as it relates to Jean in how she perceives Ororo. I also wanted a larger feedback but I figured if posted here it wouldnt cause too much drama. That said.... lets discuss

The latest issue of Marvel 1001 inspired this thought and I think I can conclude that Jean really isn't her friend. A few things have occurred throughout their relationship that helped me come to this conclusion.

1. In the Classic Xmen story, Jean exerted her privilege when judging Ororo about not needing to wear clothing. They later would go on a girls night out on the town and Jean committed the ultimate sin and violated Ororo by reading her mind without her permission:

Attachment 87999

Attachment 88000

Ororo eventually forgave Jean as she came up with some lame excuse about not being able to control her powers but that wouldnt be the last time Jean would wrong her.

During the Dark Phoenix saga, Jean's ultimate desires were being fulfilled via Mastermind. One of those fantasies was reliving the colonial period in which she viewed Ororo as a slave and treated her accordingly:

I think this was probably the worst thing she could have done to Ororo and for me it sealed the deal on this question for me.

Nevertheless, it was recently revealed that during a period after Jean returned from the death of Phoenix Ororo left the xmen for a brief period and Jean didnt care about her emotions, why she left and even acknowledged she was a jerk but was glad to see her leave:

Lastly, Jean helped push Forge to ultimately end up breaking off his engagement to Ororo. This was one of the happiest moments of Ororo's life yet Jean in her instigation ruined that moment for her:

These things Jean has done Ororo never even knew. So I don't think that Jean is a friend or at the very least hasnt been a good friend to Ororo. What are your thoughts?

Attachment 88001
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-07-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I’m right there with you. You’re on the money right now. I think it’s quite gag inducing really. So many people are just okay with normalization of whiteness so much that they completely miss the reason why a dark skinned Storm. They still don’t understand that both Halle and Alexandria’s portrayal of Storm normalizes biracial girls hat identity as black as the desirable type of black girls. Most would rather claim ignorance in their desire for simple entertainment. I didn’t make up the saying that art imitates life, though.

Storm has been the white woman with black skin. I’m still a little peeved that she personally hasn’t had a conversation Monet about what it was like for a black girl joining the X-men. I’d say that the first step to answering all the beautiful questions you asked. I think a few writers tried to put in the work in to make it more logical for Ororo to take that approach like Ellis, Yost, Pak, McDuffie, Dickey, Coates, Harvey and Okorafor. These writers all did a few things that make sense for a self aware woman like Storm imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well said on this one. Honestly imo, a lot of times in the X-books Storm is written as a white woman with Black skin. Very little is said about her heritage or identity as a Black woman. It's like she is drawn as a Black woman and little else. If being a mutant in the Marvel universe is bad, then imagine being a young black mutant with all of the added racial bias and prejudices.

How does Storm feel about young black men and women being gunned down by the police? How does she feel about Black women being one the most under represented groups but one of the most politically active? Or how Black women don't always get medical treatment afforded other groups? Has she even been to the MLK monument? Someone as socially aware is she is should be active for more than just mutant causes. Mutants aren't the only persecuted group and she wouldn't just advocate mutant causes only.
    Some of the things you are expecting from Storm, You shouldn't be expecting all to come from Storm. Storm grew up Africa not America and while she is unapologetically black and probably has live in the US for years now her perspective on things would be different. It is not to say Storm would ignore those things like medical care not given to black woman like other races or the MLK monument it is that her perspective would be more like say a Trevor Noah who is clearly cares about black issues but he didn't grow up in the US and is bit of an outsider to some deeper things about race relations.He speaks on race issues but he always has context from his upbring with included apartheid.Storm has things that should could touch on has Storm ever talked about "Mashujaa 'Heroes' Day" or Mau Mau Resistance, Has Storm ever talk about how Egypt at times doesn't embrace that is part of Africa and contrast the racism in that country to the US?

Anyways the point is we expect a little too much from Storm at times . This happens because Storm is the only major black female character so she becomes the face of black issues even if when it is not a great fit for her. I love Storm but she has long flowing white hair and blue eyes and isn't drawn with traditional black features(for fun see Blink threads when she got drawn with traditional black features) and while she is born in America she is more distinctly African. You can't get everything you want from a black character from in Storm heck at times you can't get what you want black character from Bishop, Blink, Apocalypse, Idie, Manifold, M, Black Panther,Sunspot, Bling etc. There is huge failing in comics at creating quality impactful black characters and minorities. You should be getting that stuff from Celia Reyes, Prodigy, Bedlam, or Synch. Storm might not have opinion how Black women don't always get medical treatment afforded other groups but Celia Reyes an Afro latino doctor from New York would have an opinion , Storm might not have strong opinion a young black men and women being gunned down by the police but Synch(st louis) and Prodigy(chicago) would have opinion on that on the police. Storm shouldn't have to speak on every black point of view, Storm is the black girl with "good hair" and pretty eyes, She isn't the black girl who spent most of her life buy weaves or straightening her hair to point of damaging her hair and then have to cut it off. Storm big chop wasn't because she damaged her hair and it had to come off. But Cece Reyes whose hair is always in braids yeah she knows what is up. Storm can't be everything black,Storm shouldn't be everything black. And it isn't necessarily out of line she is more mutant centric than race centric in some of her views.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-07-2019 at 03:20 AM.

if these rumors are true we dont have to worry about Shipp making a return to the xworld as storm:

https://www.cbr.com/the-batman-tessa...hipp-catwoman/
    Girl is getting Halle Berry's scraps. But can't blame her, she gotta eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Some of the things you are expecting from Storm, You shouldn't be expecting all to come from Storm. Storm grew up Africa not America and while she is unapologetically black and probably has live in the US for years now her perspective on things would be different. It is not to say Storm would ignore those things like medical care not given to black woman like other races or the MLK monument it is that her perspective would be more like say a Trevor Noah who is clearly cares about black issues but he didn't grow up in the US and is bit of an outsider to some deeper things about race relations.He speaks on race issues but he always has context from his upbring with included apartheid.Storm has things that should could touch on has Storm ever talked about "Mashujaa 'Heroes' Day" or Mau Mau Resistance, Has Storm ever talk about how Egypt at times doesn't embrace that is part of Africa and contrast the racism in that country to the US?

Anyways the point is we expect a little too much from Storm at times . This happens because Storm is the only major black female character so she becomes the face of black issues even if when it is not a great fit for her. I love Storm but she has long flowing white hair and blue eyes and isn't drawn with traditional black features(for fun see Blink threads when she got drawn with traditional black features) and while she is born in America she is more distinctly African. You can't get everything you want from a black character from in Storm heck at times you can't get what you want black character from Bishop, Blink, Apocalypse, Idie, Manifold, M, Black Panther,Sunspot, Bling etc. There is huge failing in comics at creating quality impactful black characters and minorities. You should be getting that stuff from Celia Reyes, Prodigy, Bedlam, or Synch. Storm might not have opinion how Black women don't always get medical treatment afforded other groups but Celia Reyes an Afro latino doctor from New York would have an opinion , Storm might not have strong opinion a young black men and women being gunned down by the police but Synch(st louis) and Prodigy(chicago) would have opinion on that on the police. Storm shouldn't have to speak on every black point of view, Storm is the black girl with "good hair" and pretty eyes, She isn't the black girl who spent most of her life buy weaves or straightening her hair to point of damaging her hair and then have to cut it off. Storm big chop wasn't because she damaged her hair and it had to come off. But Cece Reyes whose hair is always in braids yeah she knows what is up. Storm can't be everything black,Storm shouldn't be everything black. And it isn't necessarily out of line she is more mutant centric than race centric in some of her views.
    But we expect her to speak out on mutant issues. However mutants aren't the only group being persecuted.

I don't expect Storm to be the spokesperson for every social issue but damn she's gotta have an opinion and speak to it.

So I asked a similar question on CV and wanted to get your thoughts here. But before I do please understand I know they are friends and care deeply for each other. I dont think this can be questioned. However, examining their relationship throughout the years it does not appear Jean has always had Ororo's best interest in mind and thos past week with the release of Marvel 1001 made me reassess their friendship, at least as it relates to Jean in how she perceives Ororo. I also wanted a larger feedback but I figured if posted here it wouldnt cause too much drama. That said.... lets discuss

The latest issue of Marvel 1001 inspired this thought and I think I can conclude that Jean really isn't her friend. A few things have occurred throughout their relationship that helped me come to this conclusion.

1. In the Classic Xmen story, Jean exerted her privilege when judging Ororo about not needing to wear clothing. They later would go on a girls night out on the town and Jean committed the ultimate sin and violated Ororo by reading her mind without her permission:

Attachment 87999

Attachment 88000

Ororo eventually forgave Jean as she came up with some lame excuse about not being able to control her powers but that wouldnt be the last time Jean would wrong her.

During the Dark Phoenix saga, Jean's ultimate desires were being fulfilled via Mastermind. One of those fantasies was reliving the colonial period in which she viewed Ororo as a slave and treated her accordingly:

I think this was probably the worst thing she could have done to Ororo and for me it sealed the deal on this question for me.

Nevertheless, it was recently revealed that during a period after Jean returned from the death of Phoenix Ororo left the xmen for a brief period and Jean didnt care about her emotions, why she left and even acknowledged she was a jerk but was glad to see her leave:

Lastly, Jean helped push Forge to ultimately end up breaking off his engagement to Ororo. This was one of the happiest moments of Ororo's life yet Jean in her instigation ruined that moment for her:

These things Jean has done Ororo never even knew. So I don't think that Jean is a friend or at the very least hasnt been a good friend to Ororo. What are your thoughts?

Attachment 88001
    The only one on this list that i would argue against is the Forge one. It really wasn't Jean's place as a telepath to tell a man what ororo's personal thoughts were on if she loved him or not. At the end of the day that would have been a violation of their friendship. If Forge doubted Ororo's love he didn't deserve her because at the end of the day it would have always been a problem.

The other one i could debate is the one where Storm leaves the x-men and jean is basically a you know what. In that instance it looks like she has her xfactor costume so it could have been during a time where she was dealing with the complexities of having Madelyne Priors consciousness within her own. Also i wouldn't want to be sitting in the rain 24/7, it was so bad jubilee has a bucket. lol

The slave one i would chalk up to a product of the time. And the whole purpose was to show how twisted she actually was at the time and it was very effective.

The close one makes sense to me, in America, how would it be taken a black woman walking around naked, or any woman for that matter. She could have been attacked etc. I also remember Xavier mentioning it to which Moira was like it's a shame her innocence has to be seen in such a bad way. Nightcrawler as well mentioned it when they were swimming and all the guys came out and he was trying to cover her up before they saw her naked.

Also i have that story the whole thing it's in one of those x-men visionaries and Jean did not read Ororo's mind without her permission, it's what Ororo though. But Jean explained her fear of going underground was so loud she couldn't block it out. All in all i don't think it's that bad friends have moments much worse than these.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-07-2019 at 06:19 AM. Reason: i know started with only one and went on and on. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

oh and f*#k Forge. I forgot all about how he tried to akin ororo to a damn dog. "Stray" While his punk a$$ was getting his jollies trying to help mystique.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/