Page 744 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 24464469473474074174274374474574674774875479484412441744 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 36576
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

KHIII just didn't sit well with me. i don't know what it was but it just wasn't..........right towards the end. not bad or terrible. just...........off to me.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Ontop of this alot of stuff that was in the Final Mix versions of KH1 and KH2, was actualy stuff they wanted to include in the original versions, but didn't have time for.
    So not having enough time to finish things the way they want to is consistent for them then, is what I'm getting from this.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    So not having enough time to finish things the way they want to is consistent for them then, is what I'm getting from this.
    Sort of, most of the stuff in KH1 Final Mix, was stuff that was in the western release but not the Japanese one, with Final Mix's release in Japan being to give the Japanese players what they missed out on.

In KH2 Final Mix the only thing added that wasn't side contentwas the boss fight against Roxas (wich was just a cutscene in the original release), the rest of it was a bonus dungeon and a bunch of bonus bosses. Most notably the infamous super Boss Lingering Will and more powerful superboss versions of Organisation XIII.

As someone else mentioned that is pretty much the same for everygame ever. There is nothing really missing from the vanilla versions of KH1 and KH2, in terms of the main campaign and I would say that's largley the same for KH3. They don't feel incomplete.

What we know the KH3 DLC will have is superboss versions of pree existing boss fights, and a secret boss, a debug mode for players to piss around with. So pretty much all post game/side stuff.

WIch is in line with what Nomura said a while ago, about him not wanting to release a Final Mix version of the game, cause he thought it was dumb for players to have to buy the game twice, when the Final Mix content could be DLC.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 12-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.

"annhilation: scourge".

new event comic happening. our good ol' friends, the cancerverse, has returned and they are invading the negative zone. the good news? it seems that due to how weird the NZ is, the cancerverse horror can actually die for good. the bad news? they are being led by the sentry. and this isn't some horror version of bob. this is the real bob leading them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    "annhilation: scourge".

new event comic happening. our good ol' friends, the cancerverse, has returned and they are invading the negative zone. the good news? it seems that due to how weird the NZ is, the cancerverse horror can actually die for good. the bad news? they are being led by the sentry. and this isn't some horror version of bob. this is the real bob leading them.
    Does Bob ever get a break from turning evil/insane?
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-07-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So bought Outer Worlds and...Huh, the game actually doesn't care if you decided to be a psychopath.

Unlike Skyrim, no one is essential to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Does Bob ever get a break from turning evil/insane?
    he went to reed for just that reason. he said he was tired of dealing with the void so he asked reed to see if he can science up a way to separate them. he said he couldn't but maybe he could find it in the negative zone. next thing you know, annihilus and blastaar are teaming up and getting their asses hand to them by bob and the revengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game beyond like... an hour on the first one back when it first dropped, but I don't think I can agree with this argument.

Terms are bad, loosely implies malicious intent, presupposes some idealised form the "finished" game. All around not something that I think is useful.

Stuff gets cut from media content all the time. Releasing content that was cut during development doesn't retroactively make the game unfinished.
    So the difference here is that it wasn't 'cut', it was intended for release with the base game, but for whatever reason 13 years wasn't long enough; and even discounting the interference from Disney, they had 6 years.

So now, you have to pay $20 (though the actual price isn't revealed yet, this is just presupposition on my part so ... could be less or more) for content they themselves stated, was intended for Day 1.

Basically, instead of pushing back release, they released a game that wasn't by their standards, finished, and are now going to charge you for content they've said was supposed to be in the game already.

A simple fix for this would've simply been not saying that.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 12-07-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So the difference here is that it wasn't 'cut', it was intended for release with the base game, but for whatever reason 13 years wasn't long enough; and even discounting the interference from Disney, they had 6 years.

So now, you have to pay $20 (though the actual price isn't revealed yet, this is just presupposition on my part so ... could be less or more) for content they themselves stated, was intended for Day 1.

Basically, instead of pushing back release, they released a game that wasn't by their standards, finished, and are now going to charge you for content they've said was supposed to be in the game already.

A simple fix for this would've simply been not saying that.
    Okay, so first off; despite your attempts to play semantics, it was cut. It was in the base game or intended to be so and it was removed. That's literally what cut content is.

Second, games take a lot of time and money to make. 6 years is already a reasonably long development cycle and "more time" doesn't remove limitations of budget, development priorities or executive decisions about what goes into a shipped product. Just because something was "intended to be" in the base game, doesn't mean that this was all done at the same time and they took out for the expressed purpose of charging for it later. It's much more likely that they felt the DLC content wasn't essential for the base game to ship and stopped working on it to focus on the stuff that was in the game.

Third, none of your points mean that KHIII was "unfinished". The game exists, it has functionality and features that are commensurate with the expectations of a mainline game in the franchise, it has a narrative that runs the arc of the game and it got like in the 80s on metacritic. It is a finished product.

A genuinely finished game literally doesn't function as intended. Take a look at something like WWE 2K20 for example and the absolute shitshow that is. That is an "unfinished game". Look at the infamous Sonic '06 where there are horrendous bugs and the entire final act of the game uses recycled assets, the final boss barely works and has barely any animations because the studio lost most of their staff mid-development. That is an "unfinished" game.

You don't have to like Kingdom Hearts 3 or think it's good or whatever. I haven't played them nor have any real interest in the franchise. But it is, to the best of my knowledge, a complete game with reasonable polish that meets general established expectations for a game on that scale. Calling it unfinished comes across as intellectually dishonest when all you have to go on for a justification for that assessment is a quote that essentially means that at a some point over a 6 year period, the director went "Yeah, this isn't essential to the base game. We'll cut that stuff and develop other stuff,"

Regardless of how you're trying to hedge this, none of what you're offering changes the fact that the statement from them is.

1. We didn't finish the game the way we wanted.
    2. Now you have to pay for it.

I don't care one way or the other about Kingdom Hearts III, myself. My issue is with this atmosphere of "we'll finish in post" that had been popularized, and the people who go out of their way to defend the behavior.

And the Final Fantasy characters have been a stape of Kingdom Hearts franchise since the first game. So the argument that they cut irrelevant content is far more dishonest than me taking what the developer themselves had to say about the state of the game's completion.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Regardless of how you're trying to hedge this, none of what you're offering changes the fact that the statement from them is.

I don't care one way or the other about Kingdom Hearts III, myself. My issue is with this atmosphere of "we'll finish in post" that had been popularized, and the people who go out of their way to defend the behavior.

And the Final Fantasy characters have been a stape of Kingdom Hearts franchise since the first game. So the argument that they cut irrelevant content is far more dishonest than me taking what the developer themselves had to say about the state of the game's completion.
    I haven't seen the relevant quote so I can't comment too heavily on that. Feel free to drop a citation if you want a more nuanced take.

My objection was you, and others, referring to what was clearly a complete game as "unfinished". It's simply not true. Unfinished games do not function and in many cases do not ship.

You can give out about not liking the game (which you don't seem to have played) or how you don't like DLC campaigns or whatever - but KH3 was a finished game. Also, as DLC practices go, a new campaign with new playable characters and new bosses is like... the best case scenario of DLC these days but again - go off or whatever.

But use the right terms man.

BANNED

And yet you had no problem with the Final Mix versions being a thing. You keep calling the game incomplete and how this stuff was esential for the main game, when it's just a bunch of post game superbosses.

And the Final Fantasy character have been irrelevant in every apearence other than the first game and even in that one they were ultimatly just an easter egg for FF fans. I garuntee you they will apear in one or two cutscenes in the DLC and do nothing important. So no I don't see a bunch of glorified cameos as an esential part of the experiance.

Hell bothering to stick them in the DLC is dumb, cause it's just adding a bunch of superfluous characters, to a story that's allready to messy and overcrowded.

Extraordinary Member

I'm so effing hype for Crisis on Infinite Earths

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I'm so effing hype for Crisis on Infinite Earths
    probably the only reason i'd watch "batwoman".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    probably the only reason i'd watch "batwoman".
    I think Batwoman is an alright show