View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Wonder Twins brought into the Wonder Woman series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

11 36.67%
  • No!

15 50.00%
  • Ehh, I don't care.

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Should the Wonder Twins be incorporated into the Wonderverse?

As a kid, it always struck me as strange that there was Wonder Woman and then there were the Wonder Twins. They had pretty much nothing to do with each other other than all being members of the Super Friends.

I guess Diana herself is part of a pair of "Wonder Twins," but that wasn't exactly well-received for the most part.

So would you like to see the Wonder Twins incorporated into the Wonder Woman series? Are they just too silly to be taken seriously as comic book characters? How would you bring them into the fold?

I'm not opposed but I'd need to hear a story concept first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    So would you like to see the Wonder Twins incorporated into the Wonder Woman series? Are they just too silly to be taken seriously as comic book characters? How would you bring them into the fold?
    Only if the Amazons invade and take over all bakeries that produce and distribute "Wonder Bread" first.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only if the Amazons invade and take over all bakeries that produce and distribute "Wonder Bread" first.
    I didn't know I wanted this until you said it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Very clever!

Oh, and where is that bakery? I need me some Amazon Wonder Bread!

So off the cuff, I could see Zan and Jayna as Poseidon's twins. Olympians and their descendants have animal shapeshifting powers, and Poseidon + family are all water anyhow. They could be cousins, maybe from Atlantis?

No because Zan and Jayna's precursors Marvin and Wendy already have a connection to Wonder Woman, Marvin was a fan and named his dog Wonderdog after her.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No because Zan and Jayna's precursors Marvin and Wendy already have a connection to Wonder Woman, Marvin was a fan and named his dog Wonderdog after her.
    ... And DC did horrible things with all three when they brought them in to the Comics back in the old Teen Titans series (around 2009-2010 I think?). If I'm remembering right the Wonderdog was a demon who ended up killing Marvin and maiming Wendy.

Best for Zan and Jayna to stay away from DC Comics... far away.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Marvin was the son of the real Diana Prince from whom Diana purchased her identity.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Marvin was the son of the real Diana Prince from whom Diana purchased her identity.
    He was? I did not know that!

Incredible Member

Honestly - no. However, I am interested in DC actually integrating Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark into Wonder Woman's title for various adventures.

AND, once Diana's relationship with Donna and Cassie has been re-established, then I'd be interested in a male sidekick / legacy character being introduced. But, I'd probably go with a wholly new character, rather than appropriating another character.

If Marvin really does have a pre-existing connection to Diana, then I'd be open for him (and Wonderdog) to be a male sidekick (depending upon whether there's a New 52 / Rebirth / Reboot version of him already floating around and his age, etc).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

When I first saw the Wonder Twins on the Super Friends cartoon when I was a kid, I thought they were Wonder Woman's children.

I would be ok with DC making the Twins part of Wonder Woman's world if a writer can come up with a good reason why. On the Super Friends they were aliens from the planet Exor with shape-changing powers. None of these aspects really mesh with Diana's world unless of course, something happens like Eviless invades Exor, Diana finds out, goes to Exor, rescues the Twins, Exor is destroyed by Eviless, and the Twins come back to earth with Diana. Then we could even have a Gleek/Jumpa team-up!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Yes, I remember hearing that but not where. Where was it confirmed?

I'd rather have Rex the Wonder Dog.

And should all Amazons wear a WonderBra®?